Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 01:27 PM

971 posts, read 1,294,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
My apologies, it was clerks. I guess that makes it ok though, I mean, having an opinion these days all depends on what the lordly masses approve of right?

Honestly, I don't care what he said unless it was vile int speak (that is, did he curse or use language that is inappropriate for public use), but to get angry and demand his job because the guy had a viewpoint that was not acceptable is beyond stupid, beyond acceptable. If this were a private administration, I would have no objections as its position is dependent on the acceptance of those who fund and run it.

A public institution has no objections because based on its position, it can not make such discrimination. To claim it can is to say that I if I can get enough people to agree can dictate what you or any other can do based on our public opinion.

This garbage sickens me. While the concepts from this mans mouth may be despicable, and rooted in extreme prejudice, it is no right of the public to demand by his opinion that he be reprimanded. If his "actions" are honorable, we shouldn't care what he is saying. His opinion is his own, no more.

So much for the "free and enlightened" people here who claim they represent freedom of speech, freedom of thought and opinion.
Hypocrites, oppressors, and schemers you are. No more, no less.
The article also mentions how this man had been previously suspended for using "derogatory words about minorities" when interacting with inmates.

I suppose that also falls under his free speech rights and that this suspension was completely unwarranted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 01:34 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,657,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Let the guy go. He's a fruitcake, but his words hurt no one.

Note to people arguing with him: Grow a thicker skin. Life's too short to spend time paying attention to such nutcases.
You're telling the Sheriff's Department to "grow a thicker skin"? If they fired him, it was likely because the guy was causing more problems than he was worth.

I think it's funny how some people will always defend people who are anti-gay. It tells me that they're anti-gay themselves.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:34 PM

971 posts, read 1,294,031 times
Quote:
A public institution has no objections because based on its position, it can not make such discrimination. To claim it can is to say that I if I can get enough people to agree can dictate what you or any other can do based on our public opinion.

This garbage sickens me. While the concepts from this mans mouth may be despicable, and rooted in extreme prejudice, it is no right of the public to demand by his opinion that he be reprimanded. If his "actions" are honorable, we shouldn't care what he is saying. His opinion is his own, no more.

So much for the "free and enlightened" people here who claim they represent freedom of speech, freedom of thought and opinion.
How about this: Is it appropriate for a public school teacher to go into the cafeteria at the public institution where he works and start saying things like "all mother f-ing f*gg*ts are evil and immoral and deserve to be put to death. And n*gg*rs too."?

Should he not be subject to reprimand and possible termination? Would you view any student, partent, or teacher who complained about such speech as someone "who deserve(s) to swing from a noose" for "demand(ing) that someone be penalized for such"?

Old 03-18-2010, 01:35 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,945,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverkid View Post
The article also mentions how this man had been previously suspended for using "derogatory words about minorities" when interacting with inmates.

I suppose that also falls under his free speech rights and that this suspension was completely unwarranted?

Well oh my, if that is the case then we need to fire 3/4's of those working in the jails. Do you have any experience with this area? You do know that complaints are levied against the officers on a minute to minute basis? These punk criminals will do anything to get a one up on them. They cry when they are subdued, they cry when they are asked questions, they cry, they whine, they are the scum of the earth. Do you really understand how many complaints are levied?

I could care less what the criminals say. If they aren't dead or beat up, their "opinion" is worthless.

Past that, having an unsavory opinion is irrelevant. That is ok, we will condemn him for his view, his opinion, and disregard his actions. Let us up that the day doesn't come where we evaluate you with such negligence.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You're telling the Sheriff's Department to "grow a thicker skin"? If they fired him, it was likely because the guy was causing more problems than he was worth.

I think it's funny how some people will always defend people who are anti-gay. It tells me that they're anti-gay themselves.
Really, so if he "caused" more problems than he is worth, it should be evident of the problems he caused. Can you point those problems out for us?

Old 03-18-2010, 01:37 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,168,548 times
Quote:
I could care less what the criminals say. If they aren't dead or beat up, their "opinion" is worthless.
Do you know beyond a shadow of doubt that every person incarcerated is guilty of what they are serving time for?

Old 03-18-2010, 01:37 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,657,367 times
Quote:
Your complaint should be with the Sheriff's Department. They're the ones who made the decision to fire him.

Quote:
All we're doing is talking about the story. None of us had anything to do with the case. You should be calling the Sheriff's Department "hypocrites, oppressors, and schemers".

Old 03-18-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
You want to have to go to work every day and listen to that crap? He was interrupting other peoples conversations at work and disrupting their work day. Why should everyone else have to put up with his nutty talk? AND he had already been suspended once and warned in the past for racial slurs.

He lied to Internal Affairs too, easy way to get fired right there. He should keep his mouth shut at work. I don't discuss ANYTHING relating to politics or anything polarizing at work. I'm there to work, not get into political debates.
Did he? I didn't see anything in the report that said he constantly interrupted peoples work with his opinions. That would be a different reason to fire someone and would fall under the unproductive or disruption of production environment. They didn't mention that.

Heck, I was a programmer at an institution and constantly busy, yet I had idiots walking up to me talking about all kinds of things I didn't give a fudge about. Should I have went to my superior and demanded the be fired for disrupting my work?

Also, the report seemed to state that he "interjected" on a conversation of his opinion. Maybe they need to fire those talking as well? I mean, since we are being all "out there" in our accusations, they started it did they not? They could have kept their damn mouth shut so as not to entice an opinion? No?

Old 03-18-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Your complaint should be with the Sheriff's Department. They're the ones who made the decision to fire him.

All we're doing is talking about the story. None of us had anything to do with the case. You should be calling the Sheriff's Department "hypocrites, oppressors, and schemers".
Oh, so you are gossiping. Sorry, didn't realize that. My bad.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Do you know beyond a shadow of doubt that every person incarcerated is guilty of what they are serving time for?
Shadow of a doubt? Or reasonable doubt? See the law on that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies