Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2010, 12:46 PM

4,164 posts, read 6,316,466 times

Advertisements

I care about people...I don't like to see people being manipulated and turned into "pawns" by Republican politicians who just want to "take back Congress" and the presidency...Also I feel worried that we may end up seeing more and more senseless violence in our country before long because so much anger is getting "stirred up."....I don't trust Sarah Palin at all and I question her intentions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 01:25 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,381,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
In official Washington, some consider the Tea Party movement a fringe element in society, but voters across the nation feel closer to the Tea Party movement than they do to Congress.
The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 52% of U.S. voters believe the average member of the Tea Party movement has a better understanding of the issues facing America today than the average member of Congress. Only 30% believe that those in Congress have a better understanding of the key issues facing the nation.
When it comes to those issues, 47% think that their own political views are closer to those of the average Tea Party member than to the views of the average member of Congress. On this point, 26% feel closer to Congress.
Finally, 46% of voters say that the average Tea Party member is more ethical than the average member of Congress. Twenty-seven percent (27%) say that the average member of Congress is more ethical.

Tea Party, a Fringe Element? Hardly, The Tea Party Movement is Of, By and For the People | Scared Monkeys
I question the Rasmussen Report. Sorry, I don't think that high a percentage of American voters see the words "understanding" and "Tea Party" fitting together very well in a sentence. Believe what you want. The Tea Partiers may at times bring up good points, but their vicious standpoint is ruining them.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
I care about people...I don't like to see people being manipulated and turned into "pawns" by Republican politicians who just want to "take back Congress" and the presidency...Also I feel worried that we may end up seeing more and more senseless violence in our country before long because so much anger is getting "stirred up."....I don't trust Sarah Palin at all and I question her intentions.
People on this forum, and perhaps elsewhere, always love to pull out the "Palin Derangement Syndrome" thing when people criticize Palin, but the Syndrome really applies to her blind faith followers. Palin is constantly schilling for a buck. She'd waste away the lives of many citizens for her cause if she could Her hokey dokey "common sense" b.s. wasn't even part of her political identity until she took the stage with McCain. Her followers have been quite sweetly duped into believing that she is like them. That was her agenda. She achieved it. In that sense, yes, she is smart.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:30 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Why are the rightists basic emotions ALWAYS FEAR(afraid), jealousy and hate.....those seem to be the only emotions they can identify with....if they only fear,hate, envy then they, erroneously, assume eveyone feels that way....that's a mistake....and a DUMB one.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
I didn't mean to generalize, but many people up here in New England are fairly level headed, even if that head is up their butt sometimes, haha.

It seems to us, and our media outlets that the tea party exists in the realm of deep souther conservatism, or in mid western delusionalism. There is a certain, "Keep it out my backyard" mentality. That those people aren't really aware what they're angry about, but they're just told to be angry by Lieutenant Sarah Palin.
I understand and I do actually agree that the New England contingent of citizens is fairly level headed.

I don't really know where the tea party exists. I haven't seen their antics except on the screen. Even here in the deep South I've managed to miss them completely. "Keep it out of my backyard" needs to continue to be applied with the Tea Partiers. Misguided anger is dangerous, but it appears that dangerous and loud is part of how they want to be perceived.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why are the rightists basic emotions ALWAYS FEAR(afraid), jealousy and hate.....those seem to be the only emotions they can identify with....if they only fear,hate, envy then they, erroneously, assume eveyone feels that way....that's a mistake....and a DUMB one.
In psychological terms it's called "projection." I don't care what any Tea Party supporter says, projection is integral to their whole identity.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:06 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,207,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Anything reared on a diet of misinformation, hysteria, prejudice, minimal use of real history, and actual facts plus paranoia plus fear is downright SCARY.
That's pretty much it in a nutshell.
That sounds like the Obama Kool-Aid drinkers.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:10 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At_Last_2009 View Post
Why is the Left so afraid of the Tea (Taxed Enough Already) Party movement?

Obama and his dim leaders (And kool-aid drinkers) are throwing everything they can at these average, freedom-of-speech loving Americans.
Not afraid, but at the same time we also know they are not a cross section of voters but just another rightwing organization, in other words they are fooling no one but themselves.
Casper

Old 04-03-2010, 09:43 PM

527 posts, read 467,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Powerful third parties tend to threaten whoever is in charge. The Tea Party is very much a threat to Obama which is why the liberals and Democrats have been working overtime into proliferating their anti-Tea Party propaganda (calling these normal everyday citizens who are fed up with the government as "closet Klan members" for instance, in order to plant seeds of doubt in other people's minds about the Tea Party's intentions), and why the Republicans have embraced them.

In the 90s, the sides were switched when Ross Perot stepped up as a legit third party. He was very much a threat to Bush Sr. who was in power, and the GOP went out of their way to trash him (Perot complained about the GOP's "dirty tricks" campaigns against him). In contrast, the Clinton camp embraced him, because they knew Perot could siphon off enough votes from Bush to hand Clinton the election victory. They were right. Thanks to Perot, Clinton won the election without a majority of votes.
Your comparison between the two situations isn't comparable- Perot was a threat as you say to Bush Sr. for the reason you state-he took votes from the Republicans- The Tea Party isn't a threat to Obama any more than the other sects of the right-they won't be taking away votes from him-

Old 04-03-2010, 09:53 PM

3,332 posts, read 1,963,030 times
Default omfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongpa-nyi View Post
I personally fear the TEA Party because it represents the worst of human nature and it is a growing movement that threatens our democracy. Contrary to its claims to loving America and every principle on which our nation was founded, all I see are people screaming and holding Obama posters with Hitler mustaches or the "Joker" white-face, never offering a solution to the problems that face us other than veiled threats of a new revolution, stoking the embers of seething hatred towards the growing minority populations, the new long overdue civil rights of gays, the fact that they "don't recognize our America any more" because we elected someone with dark skin whose name doesn't sound like John Adams or Ronald Reagan... I could carry on at length.

I fear Fox News and their brainwashing scare tactics that are an echo of the successful Nazi rallying cries that united Germans in an eerily similar campaign to oust those who aren't like them. I fear violence from right wingers who finally snap after watching too much Glenn Beck. I fear all those pasty-white flabby middle-aged anti-Christians who call themselves "Christians" but act exactly in opposition to everything Christ exemplified and taught. In short, I fear your unbounded hatred toward everything you fear.
gaaw lee sargeant carter looka there in that mirror!

RROLLL ANUTHA ONE.... JUS LIKE THA OTHUH ONE

what space ship did you step off of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies