Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 10:52 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You consider a bill that is "deemed" passed one that was actually voted on?

Really, you need to broaden your source of information - it is all over the news.
are you talking about Reuters or the CBO?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 11:04 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,135,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
At the risk of sounding "elitist", why couldn't you afford health insurance? Too many vacations? A boat perhaps? Or maybe an ATV? Something tells me you weren't simply paying for food, mortgage, clothes, and gas all your whole life.

The point is not to pick a fight with you, per se, but it doesn't take much looking around in this nation to see that those who claim they couldn't afford healthcare weren't exactly living within their means, either.
Good grief man people should not be slaves to a GD insurance company. You've got no clue to what circumstance people find themselves in just seconds of their whole life. Picture this, if its in your genes to do so "You and wife buy house, you have car crash and end up in a comma for a year. You both will lose everything, even with insurance, unless of course you're a trust fund baby.

My point is why purchase anything? Now, that will help our economy.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:09 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvaden View Post
You did not answer the question yet. It almost reminds me of Obama in the Bret Baier interview a couple of days ago.

First, You hospital excuse does not sound right. Half my relatives work in medical. Its not as far gone as you have blown it up. And I work for hundreds of customers. Few of them are arm twisters, if any. Tell us what crowd you hang with, and it may explain your mental perception of people. Because you just projected a pretty bleak image.

But in your whole reply, you still didn't really deal with why a good idea or product needs to be hid like a crime in progress.

Here again, is my earlier post ...
It WAS behind closed doors. That has changed;
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/publ...l-online.html\ (http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/publius-forum/2010/03/read-hr4872-healthcare-bill-online.html%5C - broken link)

And I did answer your question. And it is bleak. Your just not listening;
Unpaid Medical Bills Wound Hospitals and Patients - Newsweek.com

An important excerpt from the above link to prove it;

Doctors and hospitals are also struggling to survive the health-care credit crunch: they endure some $60 billion in unpaid medical bills each year, according to a report last year from the consulting firm McKinsey & Co. With out-of-pocket health costs rising (the $250 billion price tag in 2005 is expected to exceed $420 billion by 2015), the percentage of unpaid bills will likely increase as we head into a new year and a new economic reality. A report released by the American Hospital Association (AHA) last week shows that over the last three months, elective medical procedures have dropped 6 percent below projected levels, while admissions are down 9 percent. Unpaid care is up by 8 percent.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:19 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Good grief man people should not be slaves to a GD insurance company. You've got no clue to what circumstance people find themselves in just seconds of their whole life. Picture this, if its in your genes to do so "You and wife buy house, you have car crash and end up in a comma for a year. You both will lose everything, even with insurance, unless of course you're a trust fund baby.

My point is why purchase anything? Now, that will help our economy.
nope your going to go from slaves to an insurance company to being slaves to the government..........

look at government care....look at what single payer would cost.....2.5 trillion to 4.5 trillion a YEAR.......divide those numbers (2.5 trillion to 4.5 trillion) by the 120 million taxpayers(according to the IRS)...that's an average tax bill of $20,000-38,000 EACH HOUSEHOLD, EACH YEAR, an always rising.......can you afford that,,, I certainly cant...and its a HECK OF A LOT MORE THAN PRIVATE INSURANCE. and a heck of a lot especially if you dont go to a docotor but once a year.....is that what they want a once a year doctor bill for $20,000plus

instead the liberals want to MANDATE INSURANCE and still have the EXISTING problems with the ALREADY FAILING GOVERNMENT SYSTEMS.......what the neo-libs want will bankrupt the USA

Old 03-19-2010, 11:58 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
well let me INFORM you but these problems stem from: 1993, 1995, and 1999 and you can thank the liberals for it, and most of it goes back to the clinton era. why because ECONOMICS run in 10(+/-4) year CYCLES and what we are facing NOW is in DIRECT RELATION to what happened back in the 90's

1993 NAFTA---- passed by the democrat controlled congress, pushed by clinton, signed by clinton---the consequence ...... 60+ million HIGH PAYING jobs have been lost, 2 trillion worth of debt from the lost wages.

So how do you explain the surplus Bush was left with? And an economy that WAS booming?

1995 clinton (through his chief of HUD (Henry Cisneros and also through his second chief of HUS Andrew coumo)) eased the rules on obtaining mortgages allowing more 'exotic' mortgages and 'no-dov' mortgages-----the consequence ......housing SKYROCKETED causing low inventories causing a 'not normal' increase in home prices, sellers got greedy, buyers got even greedier (looking to PROFIT in a skyrocketing market by flipping) and bought THINKING that prices would still increase and their ADJUSTABLE mortgage would pay it self off in MINIMUMAL years...EVEN THOUGH THESE INCREASES IN HOME VALUES WERE TOTALLY UNHEARD OF, AND MORTGAGE RATES WERE AT 40 YEAR LOWS( what did they think an adjustable mortgage gotten at 40 year lows would do in the term(3 months-3years) when it adjusted...of course it would go up, their CONTRACT even said after the term it would be 6% PLUS PRIME)))

For many potential homebuyers, the lack of cash available to accumulate the required downpayment and closing costs is the major impediment to purchasing a home. Other households do not have sufficient available income to to make the monthly payments on mortgages financed at market interest rates for standard loan terms. Financing strategies, fueled by the creativity and resources of the private and public sectors, should address both of these financial barriers to homeownership."
The above is the start of the mortgage meltdon: Clinton's National Homeownership Strategy...

1996 clinton signed The Telecommunications Act of 1996 (The Act was claimed to foster competition. Instead, it allowed industry consolidation whose actions reduced the number of major media companies from around 30 in 1993 to 10 in 1996, and reducing the 10 in 1996 to 6 in 2005.)

1999 Clinton DEREGULATES the banking industry

2000 clinton signs the China trade bill

2000 clinton signs the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000..(which paves the way for ENRON)

2001 January...clinton helps get China into the WTO

you actually think the problems started with Bush2.??????.....nope go back to LBJ, nixon, carter, bush1, clinton, bush 2, and now obama....all the same
I DON'T THINK it started with Bush. I KNOW Bush was the war mongering, surplus money blowing, back-stabbing, abuser of decent policy that sent this country in a tail-spin. Funny how during the Great Depression a Republican abused his power and a Democrat was left to pick up the pieces. Greed and history does repeat itself.

Great Depression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WikiAnswers - Who was the US President during the Great Depression

Old 03-19-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
So how do you explain the surplus Bush was left with? And an economy that WAS booming?
there wasnt a surplus

the clinton/gingrich 'surplus' was from cutting infrastructure and stealing from social secturity

and a 'booming economy'???? you mean the recession bush inherited from the dot.com bubble

do you deny that we have lost 40-50 million jobs since nafta/cafta/ofta????

do you deny that the economy has gone to the dumps since 2000/1 when clinton got china trade bill signed and got them into the wto???

do you deny that the changes to mortgage rules in 1995 is what cause the housing bubble/crash????

do you deny that in 2003/4 when bush wanted to fix the fannie/freddie problem. that barney frank called it a witch hunt????

Old 03-19-2010, 12:18 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
Funny how during the Great Depression a Republican abused his power and a Democrat was left to pick up the pieces.
Wow... are you ever misinformed.
FDR's policies prolonged Depression by 7 years, UCLA economists calculate / UCLA Newsroom

Old 03-19-2010, 12:31 PM

8,629 posts, read 9,135,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
nope your going to go from slaves to an insurance company to being slaves to the government..........

look at government care....look at what single payer would cost.....2.5 trillion to 4.5 trillion a YEAR.......divide those numbers (2.5 trillion to 4.5 trillion) by the 120 million taxpayers(according to the IRS)...that's an average tax bill of $20,000-38,000 EACH HOUSEHOLD, EACH YEAR, an always rising.......can you afford that,,, I certainly cant...and its a HECK OF A LOT MORE THAN PRIVATE INSURANCE. and a heck of a lot especially if you dont go to a docotor but once a year.....is that what they want a once a year doctor bill for $20,000plus

instead the liberals want to MANDATE INSURANCE and still have the EXISTING problems with the ALREADY FAILING GOVERNMENT SYSTEMS.......what the neo-libs want will bankrupt the USA
I can lobby my congressman and raise hell if the system is killing people like it is now. You do not and can not do that now with the profiteers, period, end of story genius!

Old 03-19-2010, 12:34 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
I can lobby my congressman and raise hell if the system is killing people like it is now. You do not and can not do that now with the profiteers, period, end of story genius!
Right, because the government is actually listening to the vast majority of Americans who are AGAINST THIS BILL! Who do you think set up this system we have anyway? It was the government ! The government determines costs/payment via the Medicaid & Medicare multiples. There is NO free market in health care and has not bee since FDR.

Jeez, pull your head out of the kool-aid pitcher!

And yes, you can lobby coporations and raise hell. You just choose not to do so.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
wrong,, I can change companies...you cant fight city hall..period , end of story,

you would rather get stuck with a MORE COSTLY tax bill????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies