Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 11:41 AM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consent Withdrawn View Post
Just more proof that we are not considered as human beings to big business, we are just commodities.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/insurance/p64954.asp
There are even greater implications ... such as Dow Chemical having a vested interest in the detrimental long term health effects which may exist in the working environment of their employees. So long as those health effects cannot be tied to company negligence, poisoning their employees covertly and keeping hidden those activities offer bonus payouts when the employee dies.

Brings a whole new view of fluoride in the water .. mercury and cancer viruses in the vaccines, and chemical spraying in the air ... deemed to be whacky conspiracy theories by the naive, trusting sheeple.

Yes indeedy.

Time to grow up, and wake up. To these SOBs you're more valuable dead than alive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 11:49 AM

64 posts, read 109,375 times
Quote:
Just more proof that we are not considered as human beings to big business, we are just commodities.

This just sounds sick, but consider why they buy it. For the same reason you do.
If you are a valuable bread earner to your spouse and kids then you buy life insurance so they don't have financial pain if you were to die.
Likewise a company buys life insurance for employees who are valuable to the company and whose death would bring it financial hardship.

In both cases you are still presumably worth more alive than dead in the long run. Yes they may have short-term financial motive for you to die but you could make the same argument for your spouse, doesn't mean life insurance is evil or that anyone is trying to kill you.

Old 03-19-2010, 11:57 AM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerI View Post
This just sounds sick, but consider why they buy it. For the same reason you do.
If you are a valuable bread earner to your spouse and kids then you buy life insurance so they don't have financial pain if you were to die.
Likewise a company buys life insurance for employees who are valuable to the company and whose death would bring it financial hardship.

In both cases you are still presumably worth more alive than dead in the long run. Yes they may have short-term financial motive for you to die but you could make the same argument for your spouse, doesn't mean life insurance is evil or that anyone is trying to kill you.
Yes ... a wal-mart checker dies, and wal-mart suffers financial hardship?

Are you that dense?

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:

You are not a human being, damnit!

Read the Constitution.

The 14th Amendment made you a corporation - a person - not a human being.

As a corporation, though, you are allowed unlimited campaign finance opportunities.

Just learn to enjoy life while you can. As a corporation, that is!

768 posts, read 1,088,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I posted a link on this subject months back. Yes, it is sickening and I do not know how this is allowed.
It's allowed because it's legal. Another example of where legal and ethical diverge.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:01 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerI View Post

Yeah, my first corporate attorney, who named himself as agent of the corporation, told me he would need to take out a life insurance policy on me, because if something happened, where would he be?

I told him I would need to have a policy on him for the same reason. I said it with a killer's glare, and he dropped the whole idea.

Kind of makes me think of Cheney's lawyer.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:02 PM

37 posts, read 129,639 times
Quote:

I've always preferred analog wrist watches over digital. They are more aesthetically pleasing.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:05 PM

184 posts, read 231,571 times
Quote:
I'm shocked that you've only just found out the real truth. I knew things like this years ago.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:08 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Hey, maybe the Government can offer to buy a life insurance policy on all citizens and illegals.

Everyone's got to go sometime!

Some sooner, some later - depends on the Government's fiscal needs.
One cannot legally profit from contributing to the death of another. And, that is exactly what the government is doing via the coming health rationing. Figure it out, this is the government's "life insurance policy". But we are the ones stuck with the bill.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:30 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I am not sure I see the problem. These companies bought and paid for life insurance on their employees. Nothing was stopping the families from doing the same. The story is written to make us feel sorry for the families for not getting the money when really thier circumstance isn't any different that it would have been if the employer DIDN'T insure their employee.

I totally understand insuring "key" employees and don't begrudge them anything. While the whole "rank and file" part of this may be called into question for business reasons, there is nothing immoral about it and the families of those employees aren't being hurt in any way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies