U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-20-2010, 05:08 PM

918 posts, read 379,441 times
A brief revisiting of history on this is in order. One must listen and read closely:

From October 2009 CNSNews.com - (http://www.cnsnews.com/public/cnsnewstv/video.aspx?v=Gd6UuzkUqG - broken link)
Obama doing his version of what the meaning of 'is' is. His, Obama's, video comment is a boldfaced lie.

From March 18, 2010
Thune Cautions House and Senate Colleagues on Consequences of Using Reconciliation Process to Pass Health Care Reform

From March 19, 2010
In their feverish effort to enact the Senate health bill, the House leadership recently released their 153 page bill to fix the underlying 2,409 page Senate legislation through the budget reconciliation process. As a matter of health policy, there is little that is substantively different between the Senate bill and this “fix it” bill.

ALL. These must now be combined and therein lies much of the confusion.
Who is behind the confusion? Who is in power!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 05:14 PM

20,045 posts, read 6,548,533 times
Deeming the Senate bill passed? Not going that route.
Obama makes final case on Capitol Hill; Democrats ditch 'deem and pass' - CNN.com

Old 03-20-2010, 06:35 PM

41,214 posts, read 23,167,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Deeming the Senate bill passed? Not going that route.
Obama makes final case on Capitol Hill; Democrats ditch 'deem and pass' - CNN.com
they are going to vote on the reconciliation bill first. Don't know how that is possible, considering the bill they are talking about in the reconciliation bill (the senate bill) has not been voted on by the House.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:51 PM

181 posts, read 407,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
they are going to vote on the reconciliation bill first. Don't know how that is possible, considering the bill they are talking about in the reconciliation bill (the senate bill) has not been voted on by the House.
Sanrene, This is the most inept adminstration ever. I think it's the blind leading the blind. This guy has put us another 2 trillion in debt, on his watch, which my grandchildren will have to pay back. He is one bad dude.
This economy should be rolling by now instead look where we are. Bush had unemployment at 4.6% Now we're at 10% to 16%! And he's only been in a little over a year!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-20-2010, 10:25 PM

41,214 posts, read 23,167,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benice66 View Post
Sanrene, This is the most inept adminstration ever. I think it's the blind leading the blind. This guy has put us another 2 trillion in debt, on his watch, which my grandchildren will have to pay back. He is one bad dude.
This economy should be rolling by now instead look where we are. Bush had unemployment at 4.6% Now we're at 10% to 16%! And he's only been in a little over a year!!!!!!!!!
Agreed. He is a disaster that is only going to get worse.

Here's what we can expect if this ruinous bill passes;

What America Will Look Like If The White House Gets Its Way | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News.

Quote:
A picture of America’s future under Obamacare can be revealed, though, after peeling away the pages and digging through the dirt. Here’s 10 things you can expect:
Read on.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:51 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,004,241 times
Ya know.....all this is a damn shame.

I did not vote for Obama, and yet even though I am center-right I did, deep inside WANT to believe the man. I was truly hoping that even with the close ties to Bill Aires, the "rev" Jeremiah Wrights, the Louis Farrakhans, the hoards of Liberal-left mutants that Obama hung out with I was hoping that he'd be smarter than all that. I was truly hoping that even though it would be the extreme left, the liberals and the welfare minorities the unions that would vote BHO into office I was really hoping that he'd gravitate more toward the center (as any GOOD president should) and honestly take on the burdens of ALL Americans....but I see that my fears were totally justified. Imagine, if he had done so, if he had moved the the middle where America is...were she's ALWAYS BEEN.... he may very well have ended up as the most popular president EVER....now he'll be forever the WORST...and only a year and a half into office...imagine....He'll be forever remembered as the guy (along with the fools that voted for this "bill") as the one that REALLY put the nails into the coffin that is 21st century America.....set us back ten twenty forty years....or more....He'll be remembered as the guy who precipitated disastrous un-American politics in Washington...He'll be the one (the "chosen one") that put America off her game globally, reduced our position world wide as a beacon of hope. Obama will be remembered as the man who caved in to international interests desiring to weaken America for their own gain.....We all thought GW' was bad....Obama will end up being MUCH WORSE.....We went from BAD....to WORSE....

Sad....

Barak Hussein Obama IS the far FAR left ultra-liberal ideologue that I feared him to be.....and he has not the political wherewithal the astute qualities of a leader who pulls people together from disparate groups for a common good but truly IS a person who will pander to his "base" as they call it...his special interests NO MATTER WHAT THE COST....and that along with all the ruinous effects of that mentality will be his legacy and our burden for many MANY years....

....but at least NOW we ALL will have something in common.....

....we're all gonna pay.......big time......

Last edited by Happy Cells; 03-21-2010 at 04:07 AM..

Old 03-21-2010, 06:02 AM

Default President: Obamacare deals 'privileged'

"[The White House has refused to provide information about President Obama's negotiations with organizations such as Planned Parenthood over his impending nationalization of health care, saying he has a "privilege" to keep such communications concealed.

Among other arguments, a letter from Marcia Berman, a senior counsel at the U.S. Department of Justice, told a lawyer who sued Obama over the "back-door" deals, said, "Defendants object to the subpoena on the grounds that it seeks information that is protected by various recognized privileges, such as the deliberative process privilege and the presidential communications privilege."]"
"[Source]": President: Obamacare deals 'privileged'

In other words the Executive Branch has told a public advocacy group Judicial Watch to butt out and we refuse to give you any information. This will not stop here as the President's right to "privileged" communications is challenged in court. Inhfent in this is te Preisdent is elected to 'serve', not to 'rule'. I'm no lawyer, but when it is shown that the Executive Branch (meaning the President and all his agents) have used subterfuge and heavy-handed pressures to influence the deliberations of the Legislative Branch to make law, the high court will be hard put to condone that abuse of Checks and Balances to the Separation of Powers provision of the Constitution. What is coming is a critical test for SCOTUS.

Does it or does it not support the Constitution in it's original form. Those, like myself, who understand and have studied the Constitution know that as far back as the early 1900s the court has set upon a path of "broad interpretation" of "implied powers". It is the vehicle by which they engage in social engineering. Enough said, as I do not wish to stray off the topic subject here more than it bears upon ObaCare and the process bringing it forth.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:07 AM

20,045 posts, read 6,548,533 times
A brief look at the Reconciliation bill.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/im...n.analysis.pdf

Old 03-21-2010, 06:15 AM

4,199 posts, read 3,773,691 times
Article by former head of the CBO on accounting gimmicks in the bill. He claims the bill will raise the deficit significantly.

Op-Ed Contributor - The Real Arithmetic of Health Care Reform - NYTimes.com

Old 03-21-2010, 07:09 AM

READ: Section-by-Section Analysis on Health-Care Reconciliation Bill

and

Fudging the Health-Care Numbers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies