Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 07:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

I can't quite tell which "side" you're arguing, subsound, but pommysmommy claimed Obama said this and refused to post a link to substantiate her claim. Several have posted a link to Obama's speech that pommysmommy claims contains his quote, and the quote is mysteriously absent. You can't prove a negative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2010, 07:59 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Your credibility is at about zero due to the fact that you write bambi in place of Obama. Seriously, how old are you?
bambi, O'bumble, Obummer.....the guy has all kinds of names. He certainly hasn't done anything to earn respect and be called anything other than one of these names.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:03 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I can't quite tell which "side" you're arguing, subsound, but pommysmommy claimed Obama said this and refused to post a link to substantiate her claim. Several have posted a link to Obama's speech that pommysmommy claims contains his quote, and the quote is mysteriously absent. You can't prove a negative.
Well, that a statement without proof is a lie or outright mistake. Requiring negative proof is usually a pretty obvious tell that some one is generally trying to lie or stupid and can't backtrack. 7 pages worth of asserting it is true and knowing it is a lie is either insanity (not knowing reality) or malicious intent. Especially when in previous history the person asserts their honesty, that their opponents are morally bankrupt, and they "know what's best for America".

Basically that the verbal diarrhea this person spouts on a daily basis contains as much truth as a Brothers Grimm fairytale.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:04 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,383,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
There were many reports by a handful of dems that were in the 'undecided and no' campaigns on this HCR bill that said Obama told them they need to vote yes or his presidency would be at stake. Reports of this have been all over the news. Bret Baier's questioning during the interview was playing along the lines of those allegations when he asked this:

Obama effectively dodged the question, then conveniently ran out of time.
I posted the same excerpt of the interview pages ago. Read it how you like but, it does NOT say what the OP "implied". "Reports by a handful of dems" is elusive, there is no fact here and it was this particular interview that the OP cited.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:05 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
health care reform because he will fail if it doesn't. Do you care? I don't.
You don't care, so, why is it so important that we know that you don't care?

Old 03-19-2010, 08:05 PM

3,079 posts, read 1,117,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Can you show us where in the bill price controls on medications are, when the importation of cheap drugs from Canada and other foreign countries will be allowed,and what specific limitations will be made on insurance companies raising their premiums?
Also what will those without insurance do for the next 4 years as they wait for the marketplaces to open?
I can only answer your last question, since I have been uninsured for the last 10 years. I make a conscious effort to take better care of myself, and when I absolutely need medical attention, I take advantage of low cost clinics that charge on a sliding scale basis, dependent on my salary at the time. So I never receive free health care, but the cost is in line with what I earn.

I don't have the answers to your other questions, nor do I know the solution to the health care problem. My point is at least something is being tried. Whether right or wrong, we won't know if it will work unless we try. And belittling those who are trying is very unproductive and negative (IMO).

Like someone once said...if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. My part of the solution is giving this a fair shot.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:09 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
Does it not bother you that this moron, Obama, focuses more on health care reform than he does on jobs when so many people have lost their homes and are living on the street? Obama needs to get a clue. Getting the homeless off the streets is far more important than heath care reform. Obama needs to tell George Soros that he wants to be a real man and not a puppet.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:13 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,383,339 times
Quote:
Does it not bother you that this moron, Obama, focuses more on health care reform than he does on jobs when so many people have lost their homes and are living on the street? Obama needs to get a clue. Getting the homeless off the streets is far more important than heath care reform. Obama needs to tell George Soros that he wants to be a real man and not a puppet.
The President just signed a Jobs Bill, he is able to focus on more than one task at a time.
FOXNews.com - Obama Signs Jobs Bill, Says More Must Be Done
Quote:
In a show of bipartisanship toward the election-year goal of job creation, the Senate passed the bill Wednesday with 11 Republicans among the 68 senators who voted to send it to the president.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:14 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Obama has the nerve to imply that people should support health care reform because he will fail if it doesn't. Do you care? I don't.
versus

Quote:
BAIER: So if it doesn't pass, does that diminish your presence?

OBAMA: Well, if it doesn't pass, I'm more concerned about what it does to families out there who right now are getting crushed by rising health care costs and small businesses who were having to make a decision, "Do I hire or do I fix health care?" That's the reason I make these decisions.
Well, no wonder you didnt want to give a quote, pommymommy!

It all makes sense now!

Old 03-19-2010, 08:17 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Quote:
You keep banging the same old race drum calipoppy. No one even takes you seriously because racism is your answer to every criticism of Obama. I don't care what color this puppet is. He is still a puppet POTUS. If you are really into race you should be furious that a foreign white man like George Soros is pulling the strings for Obama.
and none of the other past POTUS were puppets to one group/party or another? Are you serious?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies