Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2010, 12:30 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
INGLEWOOD. It's just like Hollywood!

Is there an Inglewood or Hollywood in Iowa, because, unlike Twister (hey they have a lot of twisters in Iowa) I have never lived in Iowa.

P.S. I sent you a pm

Old 03-21-2010, 12:30 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Default War is more offensive than words

War is far more offensive than any t-shirt.
One person who dies in an illegal war is more heinous than any words.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
War is far more offensive than any t-shirt.
One person who dies in an illegal war is more heinous than any words.
I think for the first time in history we agree.

I'll even throw you a rep; how you like them apples?

Old 03-21-2010, 12:31 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise
selfishness
Quote:
selfishness
Quote:
selfishness
Quote:
selfishness
Quote:
selfishness
Out of curiosity, exactly what about wearing a tasteless shirt is selfish?

Old 03-21-2010, 12:34 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Proved my point precisely. When society cannot even recognize the relationship between bad manners and selfishness it is indeed one sign of its decay.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Well, that's a very fair question, so I will take the time to answer. As another poster stated a few posts back, it use to be commonplace for society as a collective whole and as individuals alike to put other peoples considerations first; if someone know that something they would wear, might offend someone, they would opt not to wear it, putting others first.

This 20 year old guy walked around at a car show filled with families and young children wearing a t-shirt that said, "F*#K this place, I'm going home to masturbate" The "F" word was not blanked out. He obviously knew full well, that this outrageously vulgar and crass shirt was not only inappropriate, but highly offensive, but did not care. He chose to wear what he wanted to wear, children be damned; hence the selfishness. Hope that helped.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:40 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Proved my point precisely. When society cannot even recognize the relationship between bad manners and selfishness it is indeed one sign of its decay.

I'm sorry, I don't quite follow?

I would define the shirt in question as tasteless and tacky, but.. still. There isn't much one can do to keep that kid from wearing that shirt. Hopefully he doesn't wear it all the time, but I would just laugh and move on-things like that are generally meant for low-class laughs, they're not meant to be taken so seriously.

err...

yeah. Still having a hard time divining how it went from bad manners to being "selfish" that he wore it.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:42 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry, I don't quite follow?

I would define the shirt in question as tasteless and tacky, but.. still. There isn't much one can do to keep that kid from wearing that shirt. Hopefully he doesn't wear it all the time, but I would just laugh and move on-things like that are generally meant for low-class laughs, they're not meant to be taken so seriously.

err...

yeah. Still having a hard time divining how it went from bad manners to being "selfish" that he wore it.
Did you not read my response?

Old 03-21-2010, 12:43 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Is there an Inglewood or Hollywood in Iowa, because, unlike Twister (hey they have a lot of twisters in Iowa) I have never lived in Iowa.

P.S. I sent you a pm
I meant one of the cities just south of LAX.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:44 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
I was working in the Columbus Convention Center and this 19 or 20 year old is walking around with his buddy and in big print his t-shirt says, "F#*%K This PLACE, I'M GOING HOME TO MASTURBATE. " (By,the way, the f word was not blanked out, it was there in all of it's glory) Keep in mind this was about 4 in the afternoon and the place was packed with children. So, I stopped him and said, "I can't believe you're wearing that in public." and he feigned incredulity and said, "So many people are saying that to me" and I responded, " Dude, there's tons of little kids walking around" and he goes, "I didn't have anything else to wear" and I said, "You should take it off" and he said, "I can do that" and just walked away. I immediately walked over to a cop and told him about it, but at that point the punk had gone out of eye sight. SO here's my question; what has happened to decency, respect and civility? Sadly, I'm afaraid many posters are gonna call me prudish and puritanical. I'm saddened by the debasing and coarsening of society.
get over it.. if these are the things that set you into a fuss.. you live a very sheltered life..
I've seen worse bumper stickers.. and last time I checked kids are looking out the windows of the mini van
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies