Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 01:49 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroombeanie View Post
Great post. (applause)
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Believe everything you hear? (applause!)
I believe I hear applause.

I would like to know how you could possibly think I HEARD an article.

I believe I hear more applause
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 02:10 AM

454 posts, read 482,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yep, history shows clearly that capitalist Hong Kong failed miserably while communist mainland China flourished. It was only after China embraced capitalist reforms that their economy became stagnant.
Communist China flourished? You mean all these poor people who can not tell you what they think about their government unless they are saying good things????
Wake up!

Old 03-21-2010, 02:19 AM

454 posts, read 482,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
That's the way it works.

I didn't get my $8000 first time homebuyer until AFTER I purchased my home. Nature of how it works.

Small Business will be given the tools and support to provide their employees insurance. There are no excuses to oppose HCR.

It's not perfect, but it's an improvement over the system we have now. A system that has and continues to fail millions of Americans. Change is needed NOW.
No it's not perfect, but it could be much easier if they just open the competition over state line.

Or allow small business to unite with other small business so they can purchase a better rate insurance and overcome preexisting condition that way too.

All of this would have cost us ... NOTHING.
Imagine that, and that would also allow the doctors to be the ones making the decisions together with you about your health, and NOT the government.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:50 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
You will be able to claim tax credits for insured employees.
My guess is you don't run a business.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conc1 View Post
No it's not perfect, but it could be much easier if they just open the competition over state line.

Or allow small business to unite with other small business so they can purchase a better rate insurance and overcome preexisting condition that way too.

All of this would have cost us ... NOTHING.
Imagine that, and that would also allow the doctors to be the ones making the decisions together with you about your health, and NOT the government.
Bingo!!!!!

Old 03-21-2010, 07:54 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,685,656 times
If they had gotten a strong Public Option like the City of San francisco has, they could just put their employees into the Government pool and pay a surcharge. Easier and more effi8cient than dealing with insurance companies

Old 03-21-2010, 08:54 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Provides a small business tax credit. On top of the potential savings created by the health insurance exchange, an estimated 3.6 million small businesses nationwide could qualify for a tax credit to make coverage for their employees even more affordable (see Appendix for state level information).13 For example, a firm with 9 employees and an average wage of less than $20,000 per employee could receive a credit of 35 percent off its premium costs in 2011 under the amended Senate Finance bill, or a credit of 50 percent off its premium costs under both the Senate Finance and House Tri-Committee bills in 2013.

Lower Premiums, Stronger Businesses: How Health Insurance Reform Will Bring Down Costs for Small Businesses

They must think business owners are stupid.

Make me spend profits, and then give me ½ of what I spent back.
That means your forcing an expense on me that I have no control over.

The thing is most businesses cannot afford anymore overhead cost, period.

This is going to force a lot of employees, to be told they are now in business for themselves, if you want to work.

Best thing for a business, would be to not have any employees.
Everyone in the USA should be their own business. Free to set their own destiny.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The government created the system we have now. You know, that same one that "continues to fail millions" of Americans. Having failed, liberals want to turn the rest of it over to them.

There are plenty of reasons to oppose THIS BILL. The small business mandated insurance for employees is but one of the many.

Next time, try providing a link from the actual legislation rather than a hypothertical article.
The "progressives" in charge have theirs. That is the problem.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:00 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
These same scare tactics were used when medicare was being proposed as well as social security. Anything for the greater social good is always seen as an economy killer by the right. Always has been, always will be. Just the way it is.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They must think business owners are stupid.

Make me spend profits, and then give me ½ of what I spent back.
That means your forcing an expense on me that I have no control over.

The thing is most businesses cannot afford anymore overhead cost, period.

This is going to force a lot of employees, to be told they are now in business for themselves, if you want to work.

Best thing for a business, would be to not have any employees.
Everyone in the USA should be their own business. Free to set their own destiny.
I went to 1099's last year.

Love it. Still pay for comp but, nothing more.

I have to carry comp to work for HUD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies