Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 05:59 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmdpanc View Post
Started a couple weeks ago but I knew things probably wouldn't last, company is having financial trouble and is also looking to move operations to downsize facilities.
It was more of a last in, first out type thing. Everyone else has been there a long time.

Are you going to collect unemployment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 06:21 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,352,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
From reading your other posts, I'll take this comment with a grain of salt.
Heck, Ill take it with a whole box of salt, and maybe a couple of margerita's to go along with the salt. . . anyone want to party?

Old 03-22-2010, 06:24 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,352,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I believe this as much as those who post here that claim they are from "Chicago."
Hey. .. I resent that! Born at Holy Cross Hospital. . . you know, the one on the south side. . . .

Old 03-22-2010, 06:25 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
been notified that with the passage of the health care bill, i am losing my job.
employers with under 50 employees won't get hit with the penalties. lay off 2 people to get under 50. easy as pie

thanks OBAMA!!!
Me thinks BS, wouldn't happen that quickly, unless your employer is an idiot.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:27 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,412,618 times
Quote:
been notified that with the passage of the health care bill, i am losing my job.
employers with under 50 employees won't get hit with the penalties. lay off 2 people to get under 50. easy as pie

thanks OBAMA!!!

Yup that happens in capitalism. You should get off your butt and go find another job with better pay. Best of Luck!!

Old 03-22-2010, 06:27 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,863,814 times
Quote:

thanks OBAMA!!!

Yeah, right. Even if this was true, it's not gonna kick in until 2014. So they wouldn't even fire you right now.

Nice try though.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:14 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:

thanks OBAMA!!!
If you were at the bottom of a class of 52, it sounds to me like your former company may just be pruning a little deadwood.

You need to find a larger company so you can hide better next time.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:19 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,196 times
These kind of threads remind me of the pre-election threads I saw here and elsewhere, where people were claiming that Blacks were becoming uppity at work because Obama was running for president.

In other words -- it's really easy to make these sort of claims online, and I tend to take them with a very large grain of salt.

OP, if it is true, my condolences, but you yourself said this was in the pipes already before the House passed the bill, please remember that. In any event, good luck to you.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:02 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:

thanks OBAMA!!!
My husband lost his job last November because George Bush sat around with his thumb up his ass while the economy tanked.

Thanks, George!

I second everyone who said no real employer would lay you off the day after this law was voted on. You're just like everyone on here before the election who claimed they ran a big profitable business but were going to lay everyone off the day after the election.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:50 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,633,320 times
With the US in debt to the tune of 12 trillion dollars and China our biggest debt holder telling the US that it needs to shrink our welfare and social programs ( cut the GDP) or they may sell the US bonds and treasuries they are holding. Now the Healthcare bill has passed and nobody knows how much more debt will be added to the GDP but a least 950 billion up to 2 trillion dollars.
It will look like we just thumb our noses at China, now will China sell or cash the US bonds they are holding before the healthcare bill goes into effect and get caught holding worthless paper if the other countries bail on the US bonds or does China get out while the dollar is still up?
Bussiness are looking at what may happen now, and their bussiness loans may be called by the banks at any time, so do you trim the work force before or after the economy slows and you are more in debt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies