Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 04:11 PM

247 posts, read 379,839 times

Advertisements

The GOP sent out an email today asking for donations to help the RNC with resources to help elect Republican majorities in the House and Senate in 2010 so they can fire Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.

They're [GOP] also stating they plan to fire all of the Democrats that voted to pass this health care bill against the will of the American people.

You can read the GOP info here:
GOP Fire Pelosi & Reed (http://www.gop.com/firepelosi - broken link)

Personally, I plan to vote for the best candidates whether they're Republican or Democrat. I just want folks in Congress that have the best interests of the American people, at heart.

IMO, Reed & Pelosi both need to be fired. I'm sure there's even enough Democrats that'd agree with that and could make that happen.

Since this health care bill affects all of us normal folks (not the politicians), I can't for the life of me figure out why this wasn't moved to special ballot and have the people vote on it as to whether or not they want it. Now Government is deciding that for us too?

I'm all for insuring folks that can't afford it. Everyone should have proper medical care available to them. However, that said, IMO this bill isn't a step in the right direction because there's too many things in the bill (p0rk spending) that have NOTHING to do with health care.

We've been hoodwinked again. Govt. thinks we're all stupid and will swallow any load of bull they want to feed to us. The public isn't as stupid as Govt. thinks and many folks are letting Govt. know just how p*ssed off they really are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 07:01 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
Anyone CAN get proper medical care...it's just that they can't PAY for it! This whole bill had NOTHING to do with care...it has to do with MONEY!

Did you e-mail your representative? Did you tell them your thoughts?

I did---mine didn't listen to me, or anyone else who contacted them.....I'm hoping they will be voted OUT in November....that's what needs to happen.
We need folks who have the interest of the United States in mind...not a select few, or even, just their own state....we need true representatives in our government. Some of these folks have made a career out of their "public service"...to their own benefit.....that's NOT how it's supposed to work.

While we're at it...let's get the new folks to impose term limits on our "elected officials"....apparently we can't rely on Americans to vote out the creeps when they overstep their boundries!

Old 03-22-2010, 08:28 PM

1,457 posts, read 6,029,082 times
This fund broke the donation benchmark in about 12 hours.

The 2nd benchmark will be broken about the time I click the post button for this.

About $840,000 and the clock is still ticking.

http://www.gop.com/firepelosi/ (broken link)

Old 03-22-2010, 09:08 PM

527 posts, read 467,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvaden View Post
This fund broke the donation benchmark in about 12 hours.

The 2nd benchmark will be broken about the time I click the post button for this.

About $840,000 and the clock is still ticking.

GOP.com - Fire Nancy Pelosi (http://www.gop.com/firepelosi/ - broken link)

Of course- the rich have a lot of extra money to throw at the Repubs from the tax breaks they got during the 8 years Bush was in office-

Old 03-22-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialrequest View Post
Of course- the rich have a lot of extra money to throw at the Repubs from the tax breaks they got during the 8 years Bush was in office-

I'm more inclined to believe it was 500,000 people pitching in $1 apiece and a few bigger donations.

Its headed for 900K right now.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:04 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,484 times
They all need to go!!

Old 03-22-2010, 10:05 PM

527 posts, read 467,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvaden View Post
I'm more inclined to believe it was 500,000 people pitching in $1 apiece and a few bigger donations.

Its headed for 900K right now.
That will buy a lot of votes-

Old 03-22-2010, 11:13 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Ho View Post
The GOP sent out an email today asking for donations to help the RNC with resources to help elect Republican majorities in the House and Senate in 2010 so they can fire Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid.

They're [GOP] also stating they plan to fire all of the Democrats that voted to pass this health care bill against the will of the American people.

You can read the GOP info here:
GOP Fire Pelosi & Reed (http://www.gop.com/firepelosi - broken link)

Personally, I plan to vote for the best candidates whether they're Republican or Democrat. I just want folks in Congress that have the best interests of the American people, at heart.

IMO, Reed & Pelosi both need to be fired. I'm sure there's even enough Democrats that'd agree with that and could make that happen.

Since this health care bill affects all of us normal folks (not the politicians), I can't for the life of me figure out why this wasn't moved to special ballot and have the people vote on it as to whether or not they want it. Now Government is deciding that for us too?

I'm all for insuring folks that can't afford it. Everyone should have proper medical care available to them. However, that said, IMO this bill isn't a step in the right direction because there's too many things in the bill (p0rk spending) that have NOTHING to do with health care.

We've been hoodwinked again. Govt. thinks we're all stupid and will swallow any load of bull they want to feed to us. The public isn't as stupid as Govt. thinks and many folks are letting Govt. know just how p*ssed off they really are.
I believe you would be better served if you learned what the senate is vs the house of representatives. Once you master basic American government you will realize some measure of credibility. Otherwise it is just a joke on you!

Old 03-22-2010, 11:40 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Shocking! The minority party wants the majority party out of power so they can be in power! What has politics come to?!?

Seriously - have we all forgotten how horrifically the Republicans ran our country for 8 years? I mean. They made some of the worst, most short-sighted decisions I've ever seen during that time. I'm not saying Democrats are the solution, but let's not put our partisan blinders on and forget the hell from which we are just now emerging.

Even more shocking is the OP's decidedly lack of understanding the role of government. We don't put issues to special ballots because we vote for and pay representatives to vote on our behalf. That's why it's a represenative government. The fact that the people who were voted to represent the public in those decisions disagree with you doesn't mean we should start having special ballots to circumvent the system.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post

Even more shocking is the OP's decidedly lack of understanding the role of government. We don't put issues to special ballots because we vote for and pay representatives to vote on our behalf. That's why it's a represenative government. The fact that the people who were voted to represent the public in those decisions disagree with you doesn't mean we should start having special ballots to circumvent the system.

I read that, but figured the criticism is minor and inconsequential, because they could have meant that the Democrats should have sent the reform efforts to the state level where voters can be more involved in the issue if there is any conflict over the matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies