Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2010, 04:45 PM

18,387 posts, read 19,012,572 times

Advertisements

I will step up and say it is a baby if that will make you feel better. I still think a woman has a right to reproductive freedom and can do with what she wants with her body.

our us soldiers are not fighting in the name of babies, they are fighting because the government ordered them to do so.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:48 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,654,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm confused, is this a healthcare debate, or is this an abortion debate.

I have a feeling, the OP is trying to link the two issues, to try and confuse supporters into thinking that the government is going to fund abortions for any woman who wants one. This couldn't be further from the truth, as an executive order prohibits federally funded abortions.

So, if someone wants to debate abortions, which has been done many times, please rehash an old post.

If its about healthcare, then leave your moral position at the door.
Just one last thing.
If it wasn't in the original bill, then WHY did there have to be an executive order to begin with???
Everybody now KNOWS that his piece of paper can't overturn a law so THAT IS WHY!

Old 03-23-2010, 04:48 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,570,857 times
YAWN!!!

Abortion is so overplayed and overstated. I love the hysteria from the "prolife" joke movement though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
That's why the name of the movement should be changed to pro-fetal-life. Otherwise it's just blatantly dishonest.
LIke most of the "prolife" movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
Conservatives only care as long as the baby is still in the womb. Once it's born, they couldn't care less. That's why they can protest against abortion and support getting our troops killed in Iraq at the same time while keeping a straight face, the hypocrisy of their ilk knows no bounds.
Right on and I agree. 100 percent. Spot on.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:17 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,339,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I would just like to check back and say something.
In your hearts, you all know it is a baby.
You can use all of the terms you want to use but deep in your heart, you KNOW it is a baby. A baby with a beating heart that feels pain.

God help us all and forgive us for being a nation that kills your BABIES.
In my heart I know it's a fetus that cannot survive on it's own, it's the hosts decision whether or not they wish to keep it alive until it can live on it's own.

Now a question for you: Where do you get the audacity to tell me what goes on in my heart? Try speaking for yourself next time.

And I'm sure your God listens to you, personally I prefer reason.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:27 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,559,063 times
Quote:
I would just like to check back and say something. In your hearts, you all know it is a baby. You can use all of the terms you want to use but deep in your heart, you KNOW it is a baby.
You are free to call it a baby if you wish, and unless you have psychic abilities, you really don't know what we think, feel, or know.

Quote:
A baby with a beating heart that feels pain.
We know from studying the development of the nervous system that pain is only felt from between 28-30 weeks. Withdrawal is not in response to pain, but is a reflex.
JAMA -- Abstract: Fetal Pain: A Systematic Multidisciplinary Review of the Evidence, August 24/31, 2005, Lee et al. 294 (8): 947

Old 03-23-2010, 05:30 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,036,965 times
I can't help but wonder what the OP's mindset would be if the baby was the result of a multi-racial gang-bang rape. I wonder if he or she would view the same situation so idyllically.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:33 PM

268 posts, read 453,882 times
Bleh, I don't understand why the abortion thing has to be so party segregated.

Do I care if anyone else gets an abortion? Not really. It's a little sad and disheartening, but ultimately it's not my decision to make for them. Most women have a fairly legitimate reason anyway.

Would I let my wife have an abortion? Not a chance in hell. I absolutely do not want any more children, but I'll certainly take responsibility for any child I bring into the world.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:34 PM

184 posts, read 231,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I can't help but wonder what the OP's mindset would be if the baby was the result of a multi-racial gang-bang rape. I wonder if he or she would view the same situation so idyllically.
She'd probably let her daughter adhere the trauma because being as religious as she is, abortion is against everything she was brainwashed into believing. In a nutshell: her beliefs and religion are far above that of her daughters existance or needs.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:37 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,559,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezy is BACK View Post
Would I let my wife have an abortion? Not a chance in hell.
Did you say wife, or possession? Would that not be a decision made together?

Old 03-23-2010, 05:44 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,380,865 times
Quote:
Just one last thing.
If it wasn't in the original bill, then WHY did there have to be an executive order to begin with???
Everybody now KNOWS that his piece of paper can't overturn a law so THAT IS WHY!
Congress can pass a law, saying that government funded abortions are legal. However, the President can simply fill out an executive order, prohibiting federal funding for abortions.

See the difference here?

You should know this has happened before. Congress passed a law, making stem cell research legal. The President, signed an executive order saying that no federal funding would go towards new lines of stem cell research.

So yes, its legal, but no, its not funded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies