Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2010, 01:39 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,152,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
1. I'm not talking about charity - I'm talking about ensuring people do not die for lack of coverage. That is beyond charity.
Really? Who dies for lack of coverage?

Quote:
2. You do realize that by the time someone goes to the emergency room because they're sick, they have already been failed by the system, right?
Really? The only people I EVER saw there, when my family had a emergency were people with runny noses, or the common cold. Once in a great while you might see someone really hurt. So, those who have Medicaid just hit the emergency room, while those that have insurance call a doctor and make a appointment. i see how this works.

Quote:
I mean, if there's no preventive care, then anything done in the emergency room is just back-end work being done very expensively on the dime of those of us who pay insurance.
Preventive care begins at home. Not at the doctors office.

Quote:
So, when you talk about forced coverage, you must consider the fact that, on the market system we have, you are being forced to pay for other peoples' coverage right now.
Agree. Alter and reform the system, not overhaul and take over it.

Quote:
Altering the system so that we simply pay less for that coverage and focus more on preventive care is what health care reform does.
Yea, reform. That is not what this bill does.

Quote:
The bill's not perfect, but such a vast improvement over the morally bankrupt behavior of the current system that literally profits off denying as much coverage as possible.
Agree with the point, but is that what is in the bill? Have you read it?

Quote:
It's not nuclear fission here: we pay insurance and the less money those insurance companies pay out to provide the services for which we pay, the more profits they make. That promotes death. Fail.
Then don't buy insurance, or shop around for a better one. Would not that be more logical?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Yes, by putting menaces to society in pink underwear and pup tents. He doesn't care what your political agenda is, trust me.
And I could care less if he does. As long as he does his job, by upholding the oath of office he swore to, then all is fine. Which he does a good job at, btw. Of course, he should take the pink underware out, and make them all go without. Then we will see how many really want to go to jail.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Please go test him....I'd love to see the end results with that one.
Why would I test something I believe in. You are the one with your hand out. Let us see you stick it in his face and ask for anything, unconstitutional, and you tell me how fast he fills it up. Either with a baton, or some horse crap. Either way, it won't be pretty.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:46 AM

37,127 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Well, it's going to happen. Lean to deal with dissapointment.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Well, it's going to happen. Lean to deal with dissapointment.
Na. Only losers do that.

The underground movement worked for the progressives, like Obama and his cronies.

I guess we will do the same.

Only work it in reverse.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:09 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,511,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Actually, he is one of the good guys. One that actually believes in the constitution, and upholds it.

I was thinking that myself.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:11 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,511,158 times
I guess some of the people here would have disdain for those who fought the Revolution. Some people think it was fought over night, but it took YEARS. Imagine the fortitude and courage those people had. And there were British loyalists among them.
Had they not won, they would have gone down in history with the same treatment the South got for the secession. Had the South won, the CSA leaders would have been honored.
Everybody loves a winner.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:14 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
I was thinking that myself.
Yes, I am sure he's just going to toss his life of law enforcement aside, chuck his Silver Star into the Colorado, and join a revolution. Sounds exactly like Joe Arpaio to me. Umm... no.

Old 03-23-2010, 02:19 AM

37,127 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
Na. Only losers do that.

The underground movement worked for the progressives, like Obama and his cronies.

I guess we will do the same.

Only work it in reverse.
See you in, what then, 7 years?

Old 03-23-2010, 04:33 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Hopefully, this upcoming revolution will be peaceful. That said, I would not be surprised if there were isolated violent incidents ala the Vietnam War protest era
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies