Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 05:09 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,237,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
When some people talk about "freedoms" they don't seem to have any idea that some limitations must be enforced. Why not drive 100mph down a residential street when you are late for an appointment?
Thank you, I think people take the word "freedom" to far sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 05:21 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
When the Progressives outlaw tobacco, alcohol and junk food. You may wake up.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:23 PM

152 posts, read 117,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I don't care if people smoke, just keep your filth to you filthy selves.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:24 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
I guess that would be better than NOT waking up

But I don't see anything being "outlawed". We tried Prohibition and it didn't work. And the war on drugs isn't working either. Are you sure it's "progressives" who want to outlaw things?

Old 03-24-2010, 05:25 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,389,847 times
Quote:
Isn't it just horrible that freedom-loving Americans can even drink beer while operating a car? Boy, I'm glad you live in Texas but do they deserve you is the question?

Old 03-24-2010, 05:52 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahiahiono View Post
Yep. It becomes a problem when your 'freedoms' infringe on my 'freedoms'. I should be able to walk along the beach without stepping on beer cans and cigarette butts, I should also be able to breathe clean air while walking in a public park.

Smokers can smoke all the want in their own home (unless of course, you're renting) and in their own stinky cars.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:24 AM

30 posts, read 184,723 times
Default electronic cigarettes

Why you need to worry, if they have banned smoking on public places, you can smoke electronic cigarettes from anywhere since it does not provide any smoke, it will not affect anyone.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:36 AM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Good!

Not only do they ruin all the beautiful beaches with their littering but I do not want to go to the beach and have to smell the smoke and second hand disease waiting to happen.

If you want to smoke, you need to smoke in your own home, in your own air and not put others at risk for lung cancer.

Just like cars, try to by a car, the dealers cannot get rid of the nasty smoke smell from them.
The percentages of non-smokers who die of lung cancer are greater than that of smokers. With emphasis on the "percentages" as opposed to numbers which are also higher in non-smokers because there are more of them.

So, this is another "inconvenient truth". Smoking apparently isn't a determining factor in lung cancer except that in some cases it may prevent it.

Now let you head explode all over that!

Old 04-01-2010, 05:39 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Ban on smoking at parks, beaches moves forward
There is one reason given that I find very reasonable, the threat of fire in state parks. But other than that, no. I wonder if this no smoking ban will include pipes or joints? Will it be enforced against illegal aliens? Will state police arrest the Governator when he lights up a stogie? Will police enforce the law if actors light up while filming a scene for a movie at the beach or state park? and if so, will the actor scream, "DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM!?" at the cops? And how much longer before the ban is extended into your private homes? Before you say never, remember, there was a time when people said they'd never ban smoking in bars or places outdoors or even within your own vehicle.
Where will they all smoke their pot? Maybe they can create private party joints where they can all get stoned without facing arrest for smoking in public. How ironic.

Old 04-01-2010, 05:40 AM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahiahiono View Post

And I don't care if you want to be a filthy communist, just keep your filthy communism to yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies