Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 10:08 AM

64 posts, read 108,042 times

Advertisements

"In order to carry out its new monitoring and enforcement duties, the Congressional Budget Office estimated that the IRS will need $10 billion in additional funds, funds which were not made available under the health reform bill.

An analysis done by Republicans on the House Ways and Means Committee estimated that this $10 billion could go to fund an additional 16,500 new IRS agents and other personnel to monitor and enforce the new mandates.

“[T]he IRS could add more than 16,500 additional agents, auditors, examiners, and administrative support personnel to enforce large portions of the nation’s health insurance system,” the report said."
CNSNews.com - IRS to Enforce Health Reform (http://cnsnews.com/news/article/63181 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 10:18 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,873,387 times
Is this PER YEAR? I guess there goes that $100B surplus from the bill..

Old 03-23-2010, 10:22 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,099,601 times
Not more doctors. More tax collectors. Good.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:29 AM

37,730 posts, read 21,846,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerI View Post
"In order to carry out its new monitoring and enforcement duties, the Congressional Budget Office estimated that the IRS will need $10 billion in additional funds, funds which were not made available under the health reform bill.

An analysis done by Republicans on the House Ways and Means Committee estimated that this $10 billion could go to fund an additional 16,500 new IRS agents and other personnel to monitor and enforce the new mandates.

“[T]he IRS could add more than 16,500 additional agents, auditors, examiners, and administrative support personnel to enforce large portions of the nation’s health insurance system,” the report said."
CNSNews.com - IRS to Enforce Health Reform (http://cnsnews.com/news/article/63181 - broken link)
If you assume the salaries being paid to all these new IRS employees will be $70,000 a year, that alone will cost taxpayers $1,155,000,000 per year.

I'm sure my numbers are far below the actual costs, since many more will earn more then $70,000 a year, including benefits, new offices, equipment, transportation, logistical support etc.. The true number is probably quadruple that in the first year, and double or triple that per year afterwards.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:31 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,581,414 times
This is brilliant..need any more proof this thing is a disaster??

Old 03-23-2010, 10:33 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,796,800 times
Any guess why that figure wasn't included in the CBO estimate under the cost of the bill itself?

Clue: because this is about control, not health!

Obama's brown shirts will be the IRS.

Starve the beast!

Old 03-23-2010, 11:22 AM

9,858 posts, read 11,877,000 times
Honestly, lol, do you all act like this to entertain the left? It is quite entertaining at times. It is getting a little old though. The IRS agents will get closer to $35K a year and will not require much in the way of offices, they will be field agents primarily. Geez since when do Americans resent 'control'. I see the glee with which you smack down people who have run afoul of speeding, drinking or drugging 'laws'. The high minded hypocrisy of the pefectly behaved rightie gets right up my nose. Now I see all this talk of openly flouting the coming 'laws' on having insurance...... I get it... you only obey those laws you like. How mature is that?

H

Old 03-23-2010, 11:34 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,678,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Honestly, lol, do you all act like this to entertain the left? It is quite entertaining at times. It is getting a little old though.
Up until this point, you didn't say anything to defend the bill. Instead, you took the oppurtunity to redirect back at people who raised a red flag. Is this your best attempt at logical debate?

Quote:
The IRS agents will get closer to $35K a year and will not require much in the way of offices, they will be field agents primarily.
PayScale - U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Employer Salary, Average Salaries

Wrong.

Quote:
Geez since when do Americans resent 'control'. I see the glee with which you smack down people who have run afoul of speeding, drinking or drugging 'laws'. The high minded hypocrisy of the pefectly behaved rightie gets right up my nose. Now I see all this talk of openly flouting the coming 'laws' on having insurance...... I get it... you only obey those laws you like. How mature is that?

H
And more non-sense, avoidance of the issue, and lack of logical debate.

So, in this post, lets review the score.

Redirect and attack - 1
Provide incorrect information - 1
Attack the whistle blower and avoid debating their point of view - 1
Provide factual infomation - 0
Debate the topic defending the legislation - 0
Justify the topic up for discussion using logic - 0

Nice.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:01 PM

9,858 posts, read 11,877,000 times
Oy, ami I glad I didn't have you for a professor. That there high and mighty condescension, thats it, thats exactly what gets up my nose! You nailed it! On command, how cool is that. One question: when and where does any agency start a new employee at the median salary? BAM!

H (Provide factual infomation - 5)

Old 03-23-2010, 12:06 PM

7,885 posts, read 9,080,400 times
Since Obama is such a big fan of paygo policy, what will be cut from the Fed govt to pay for the $10 billion? Or will he just roll it into the deficit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies