Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you like to see the U.S. split up?
Yes 40 37.04%
No 58 53.70%
Not sure 10 9.26%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 09:18 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,336,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Yep. California is liberalism at its finest. The state is on its knees in debt and reeling from the illegals. Liberalism worked out so well there, that the rest of the country needs a personal taste- so that they can spit it back out!

Just got back a few days ago from golf at Pebble Beach. Pretty country, but too many whack jobs.
What happens in California today will be in your state tomorrow! Want to bet? Just look west, farmers because what's on the horizon in California will be reality for you very soon. How long do you figure it will take you to realize it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 09:18 PM

948 posts, read 891,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Spoken like a clinical paranoid! And a lame excuse. Just keep blaming the American government for all the evil in the world. Your voice is an exact echo of Tehran! Doesn't it in the least way bother you how similar the Teabag terrorists are to radical Islam? And so ironic that the Bible-belt embraces the Jihad!
You're right, you're right we're all coocoo for CoCo Puffs and we're armed. And we're COMING AFTER YOU PAL!!!!

Hide your wives & daughters. Because they're spoils. Sorry man, dems the rules.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:22 PM

28,896 posts, read 53,991,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Actually, what's revealing is to hear the GOP claim that they speak for the will of the American people, when the American people clearly rejected them in 2006 and 2008.
Actually, I'm not Republican or Democrat. When somebody identifies themselves as either, I start to look for their lobotomy scars. After all, if either party's political ambitions are fully realized, it means bankruptcy and some form of totalitarianism.

However, I think you utterly misinterpret what happened in those two elections. You took a revulsion for Bush as a mandate for the Democrats to fulfill their own policy goals.

As a result, I think the Democrats are going to be seriously b-tchslapped in November and not really understand why. Of course, when it happens, they'll be lazy and blame the bloodletting at the polls on Republican Hate and nitwits such as Rush Limbaugh, rather than pause for a moment and say, "Hmmm....Maybe we weren't paying attention to what the American people really wanted."

Old 03-23-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGL1 View Post
You're right, you're right we're all coocoo for CoCo Puffs and we're armed. And we're COMING AFTER YOU PAL!!!!

Hide your wives & daughters. Because they're spoils. Sorry man, dems the rules.
Hey, bud, if you can handle the wingnuts disgracing your party than more power to you. You are a stronger man\woman than I. But when militias are breaking windows and threatening to get their guns the rest of America will not ignore them. You can bank on that!

Old 03-23-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Actually, I'm not Republican or Democrat. When somebody identifies themselves as either, I start to look for their lobotomy scars. After all, if either party's political ambitions are fully realized, it means bankruptcy and some form of totalitarianism.

However, I think you utterly misinterpret what happened in those two elections. You took a revulsion for Bush as a mandate for the Democrats to fulfill their own policy goals.

As a result, I think the Democrats are going to be seriously b-tchslapped in November and not really understand why. Of course, when it happens, they'll be lazy and blame the bloodletting at the polls on Republican Hate and nitwits such as Rush Limbaugh, rather than pause for a moment and say, "Hmmm....Maybe we weren't paying attention to what the American people really wanted."

Although Rush is NOT a nitwit. Shill? Sure. But dude is good, damn good at what he does. Is he right? Not by a long shot. But I'll take him over Kos or Huffington any day of the week.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:29 PM

28,896 posts, read 53,991,004 times
Quote:

Although Rush is NOT a nitwit. Shill? Sure. But dude is good, damn good at what he does. Is he right? Not by a long shot. But I'll take him over Kos or Huffington any day of the week.
Good point. He's shrewd. But the wingnuts are on both sides, and in roughly equal numbers.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Hey, bud, if you can handle the wingnuts disgracing your party than more power to you. You are a stronger man\woman than I. But when militias are breaking windows and threatening to get their guns the rest of America will not ignore them. You can bank on that!
I have no party. I dispise both parties equally. I'm a Conservative Independent. I'm conservative because I was raised with common sense and Christian. I'm Independent because I think. I research. I keep an open mind and I don't believe the hype. And I consider the inconsiderable.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:31 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,592,923 times
Quote:
And rest assured, if that happens, Republicans will claim that Americans now embrace Republican policy goals.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Good point. He's shrewd. But the wingnuts are on both sides, and in roughly equal numbers.
Of course. Which is exactly why we need a third party to B*tch slap the status quo. But it will never happen because those with the gold make the rules. Thats why myself and the Bible say only bloodshed will right the wrongs.

And yes, I see it in our lifetime.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:

Republican-lite, perhaps? But unless you follow the creed of true believers\ patriots you are not welcomed in the Republican party of today. Rush is the voice of the GOP just as much as Palin, Cheney, Bachmann, the congressmen who scream "you lie" to the president & "baby killer" to a Catholic Democrat or racial slurs and sexual profanity. That is what America is hearing from Republicans and it is not being received well! Decent Republicans left the GOP in 2008; now only the bottom-dwellers exist and they are truly "ugly Americans".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies