Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 11:21 AM

23,661 posts, read 23,982,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
For decades the G.O.P. has been the party of fear...
Global Warming
Health Insurance "Crisis"

Those are two issues with which Democrats have used the fear tactic - in just the past year - to further their agenda.

Everybody knows that fear is one of the most effective political tools. Don't pretend that one party does it and the other doesn't - we all know that they both do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 11:27 AM

23,661 posts, read 23,982,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
It is just a lie in the hope to stop anything that benefits the nation.
The mere existence of people with your thought process frightens me.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:40 AM

9,882 posts, read 10,799,145 times
Quote:
...ignorance and divisiveness. All you have to do is look around to see what it has done to the country. The greatest economic inequality since the Gilded Age was followed by a near-total collapse of the overall economy. As a country, we have a monumental mess on our hands and still the Republicans have nothing to offer in the way of a remedy except more tax cuts for the rich.

This is the party of trickle down and weapons of mass destruction, the party of birthers and death-panel lunatics. This is the party that genuflects at the altar of right-wing talk radio, with its insane, nauseating, nonstop commitment to hatred and bigotry.

Op-Ed Columnist - An Absence of Class in the G.O.P. - NYTimes.com
The party of fear............................global warming is going to destroy life as we know it, people are dying unnecessarily because we don't have universal health care, business and corporations are evil, yada yada yada................................

Old 03-24-2010, 12:16 PM

38,625 posts, read 26,307,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
The party of fear............................global warming is going to destroy life as we know it, people are dying unnecessarily because we don't have universal health care, business and corporations are evil, yada yada yada................................

“If we don't pass it, here's the guarantee….your premiums will go up, your employers are going to load up more costs on you,” he said. “Potentially they're going to drop your coverage, because they just can't afford an increase of 25 percent, 30 percent in terms of the costs of providing health care to employees each and every year.

President Obama: Federal Government 'Will Go Bankrupt' if Health Care Costs Are Not Reined In - The World Newser

With more than 11 million Americans now out of work, Obama defended his program against Republican criticism that it is loaded with pork-barrel spending and will not create jobs.

"The plan is not perfect," the president said. "No plan is. I can't tell you for sure that everything in this plan will work exactly as we hope, but I can tell you with complete confidence that a failure to act will only deepen this crisis as well as the pain felt by millions of Americans."

Obama to Congress: Pass stimulus, don't play games | Michigan Politics & Elections - - MLive.com

Old 03-24-2010, 12:18 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,338,815 times
Default Excellent, excellent post!

Quote:
...ignorance and divisiveness. All you have to do is look around to see what it has done to the country. The greatest economic inequality since the Gilded Age was followed by a near-total collapse of the overall economy. As a country, we have a monumental mess on our hands and still the Republicans have nothing to offer in the way of a remedy except more tax cuts for the rich.

This is the party of trickle down and weapons of mass destruction, the party of birthers and death-panel lunatics. This is the party that genuflects at the altar of right-wing talk radio, with its insane, nauseating, nonstop commitment to hatred and bigotry.

Op-Ed Columnist - An Absence of Class in the G.O.P. - NYTimes.com
Best I've read on that pathetic GOP. They stink no question. Thanks for posting.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:29 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,080,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Show me how we are not in need of cleaning up the planet whether or not it is due to climate change. Cleaning up the mess would be a by-product of alternative energy or are you in denial about the pollution of the air waters and land? There is a major reason to be concerned, especially when we have so many idiots that just do not get it.

Corporations are your friend and there for your benefit, so I imagine that you were all for the Wall Street bailouts. The crisis was just a figment of our imagination. Nothing to fear there.

When you have a loved one in dire need of health care that has been made unattainable due to the gouging of the Insurance Industrial Complex, I guess that would be reason enough to be fearful.

What an obtuse post you posted. You should be embarrased. Heck, I'm embarassed for you.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:08 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,673,464 times
Government in general is the fear and both parties have got their hold on that one.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:13 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,610,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialrequest View Post
Well at least you admit that the Republicans do use fear tactics-
And they lie, and they are corrupt, just like the Dems.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:33 PM

9,882 posts, read 10,799,145 times
Quote:
Show me how we are not in need of cleaning up the planet whether or not it is due to climate change. Cleaning up the mess would be a by-product of alternative energy or are you in denial about the pollution of the air waters and land? There is a major reason to be concerned, especially when we have so many idiots that just do not get it.

Corporations are your friend and there for your benefit, so I imagine that you were all for the Wall Street bailouts. The crisis was just a figment of our imagination. Nothing to fear there.

When you have a loved one in dire need of health care that has been made unattainable due to the gouging of the Insurance Industrial Complex, I guess that would be reason enough to be fearful.

What an obtuse post you posted. You should be embarrased. Heck, I'm embarassed for you.
Hmmmmmm............looks like you are able to rationalize the fear from the left, so it seems, both party's deal with fear. So it seems it all depends on your perspective doesnt it?

Old 03-24-2010, 01:46 PM

314 posts, read 934,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I don't think Republican fear what they profess. It is just a lie in the hope to stop anything that benefits the nation. Republicans fought just as hard against social security and medicare decades ago. And Bush wanted to privatize social security even as the stock market was collapsing. Republicans frankly are not very bright and have horrible judgment. They are dumbfounded and desperate. Like a dangerous animal cornered, Republicans now act out in profanity and violence. These people need to be carefully watched for terrorism big time.
i agree with you 1000%!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies