U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2010, 09:33 AM

4,406 posts, read 5,626,721 times

Advertisements

Although...there apparently is a cavern in the Yucatan that is kept under tight security because it contains drawings of dinosaurs next to men...

Creationism is religion backtracking on science to justify itself. Evolution is a distortion based on a limited sets of data. Reality is something different entirely. Intelligent humans have been here for several hundred million years.

Last edited by mhouse2001; 03-24-2010 at 10:59 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 09:40 AM

3,850 posts, read 7,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyPants View Post
After being mocked by the left for her views on creationism, Sarah Palin is finally vindicated. Take that liberals!!

"Creationist paleontologists discover dinosaur saddle"

Creationist Paleontologists Discover Dinosaur Saddle | Avant News

I know this is a double thread, but I messed up on the title, sorry
First off how do they know that is a dinosaur saddle? It could be an elephant or Mammoth saddle. Second, this saddle is only 6,500 years old. Thirdly, Dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago. Creationists failed again

Old 03-24-2010, 09:42 AM

32,468 posts, read 21,453,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyPants View Post
After being mocked by the left for her views on creationism, Sarah Palin is finally vindicated. Take that liberals!!

"Creationist paleontologists discover dinosaur saddle"

Creationist Paleontologists Discover Dinosaur Saddle | Avant News

I know this is a double thread, but I messed up on the title, sorry

Very funny.

Still waiting for the Darwinists to explain why a Big Bang would occur without a creative force (see God) behind that event. "We don't need to know" is not an answer. It's a defense mechanism and high-brow denial. The orderly material Universe exists as it does by no chance. Arguing that it does requires far more faith than any religion.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:42 AM

5,235 posts, read 7,978,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
No no no no no.....please tell me that is not actually an exhibit at the creation museum, please tell me it isn't so.

On a side note, a stegosaurus would be a safe bet for riding, very sturdy & powerful yet a little too slow for my taste. You wouldn't have any hope of outrunning a t-rex coming after you.
Yep. It's an actual exhibit.
Science vs. Religion Part 1: “God did it!” « God knows what…
Museum Review - Creation Museum - Creation Museum - Religion - NYTimes.com

You can see a kid being learned here (second set of pics):
News & Photos

Old 03-24-2010, 09:44 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,076,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Holy Crap! I'm speechless, I am literally without speech. You've managed to strike me speechless, congratulations.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:44 AM

3,283 posts, read 4,786,846 times
if the religious left has at its core the duty to spread their word and to push their rules on everyone else then they're going to incur the ridicule of people like me who know that it's all just a load of baloney.

now i don't necessarily believe that we came about via evolution because i don't rule out other possibilities as yet not hypothesized. i haven't even ruled out creationism, though taken literally it does sound a bit far fetched.

the reality is that this is such a non issue i haven't ever bothered to read much on the topic, do any research or even bother to listen about when either argument was presented to me at school. we live in a world where everyone seems to be fighting to force their version of events on everyone else. if you want to fight the good fight, drop this garbage and start fighting for your right to believe what you want and teach your kids what you want. stop fighting to force MY kids to believe what YOU want

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkRYaMiP4K8

Old 03-24-2010, 09:45 AM

32,468 posts, read 21,453,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
First off how do they know that is a dinosaur paddle? It could be an elephant or Mammoth saddle. Second, this saddle is only 6,500 years old. Thirdly, Dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago. Creationists failed again

Psst! It's a spoof...

If the picture of the saddle didn't tip you off, the name "Dr. K. Firth Booble" should have.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:50 AM

41,478 posts, read 53,325,165 times
Actually some of the dinosaurs made it to the ARC. We call them birds. Some of them are big enough for a small person to ride. That is called Ostrich wrangling. Others provide eggs and Chicken McNuggets.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:00 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,623,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
First off how do they know that is a dinosaur saddle? It could be an elephant or Mammoth saddle. Second, this saddle is only 6,500 years old. Thirdly, Dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago. Creationists failed again
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Psst! It's a spoof...

If the picture of the saddle didn't tip you off, the name "Dr. K. Firth Booble" should have.
LMAO! Another tip off (among others) is Mud Flaps, Arizona.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:17 AM

971 posts, read 1,164,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Very funny.

Still waiting for the Darwinists to explain why a Big Bang would occur without a creative force (see God) behind that event. "We don't need to know" is not an answer. It's a defense mechanism and high-brow denial. The orderly material Universe exists as it does by no chance. Arguing that it does requires far more faith than any religion.
What?

Evolution has absolutely nothing to do with models that try to explain the origin and subsequent direction of our cosmos. Hell, evolution doesn't even concern itself with the origin of life (that's called abiogenesis). Evolution simply tries to explain how life changes over time.

Science requires NO FAITH WHATSOEVER. Science uses available empirical evidence to construct models and theories that attempt to describe observed phenomena. It's collaborative, it's scrutinized, it's constantly reexamined - parts are often revised, and some are outright rejected down the road. In terms of how humans go about understanding things, science is the exact opposite of faith.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies