Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2010, 03:10 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,728,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker83 View Post
Trying to figure out if you agree or disagree. As a 15 year old I had no rights except for what was given to me. I had a curfew my parents knew who my friends were and what I was doing at school.
And if daddy or mommy wanted to sexually molest you--you had no rights, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 03:10 PM

22 posts, read 9,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You must live in constant frustration knowing that the law trumps your personal preferences.
What law would that be? A child lives under my roof they WILL obey my rules or they can leave. The law has no right to my child I made that child my wife gave birth to that child and by God's given right he or she is ours.

Like my mother used to say to me I brought you into this world I can take you out. Usually she was mad at me though.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And if daddy or mommy wanted to sexually molest you--you had no rights, right?
You had the right to tell someone. We are talking within reason here and abortion without letting the parents know is certainely not within reason its dangerous for one.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:11 PM

37,048 posts, read 41,979,600 times
Quote:
What law would that be? A child lives under my roof they WILL obey my rules or they can leave. The law has no right to my child I made that child my wife gave birth to that child and by God's given right he or she is ours.

Like my mother used to say to me I brought you into this world I can take you out. Usually she was mad at me though.
The law that says anyone can have an abortion without parental consent. Haven't you been paying attention?

Old 03-24-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
You had the right to tell someone. We are talking within reason here and abortion without letting the parents know is certainely not within reason its dangerous for one.
And a fifteen year old going through with pregnancy and childbirth is dangerous, too. In fact, it's more dangerous than an abortion.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:14 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,783,869 times
Quote:

Your mother is Bill Cosby?

Old 03-24-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Only the right to tell someone? To what purpose? Think, freethinker. Why woud telling someone be a good thing? Because then the authorities might step in and enforce a teenager's rights to not be sexually molested????

Old 03-24-2010, 03:19 PM

Well maybe its time they change that law because not only is it very dangerous and very stupid to have an abortion without letting your parents know in case something does happen, the school can probably be sued in this case because they helped her get the abortion I doubt that is in the law letting minors kill their babies because they are not responsible enough to keep it in their pants or use protection.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:22 PM

971 posts, read 1,289,684 times
Quote:

You don't have total dominion over your children. They have certain rights that supersede your authority over them.

Let's say you discovered your 15 year old son was sneaking behind your back to recieve medical treating for a deadly, yet treatable disease (oh, testicular cancer or bacterial meningitis) because he knew you didn't approve of medicine (as a Christian Scientist ,or whatever, you believe prayer is the only way). You have no right (moral or legal) to prevent him from seeking and receiving treatment. If you did and harm became him, you'd be tried and sent to jail for a long time.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And a fifteen year old going through with pregnancy and childbirth is dangerous, too. In fact, it's more dangerous than an abortion.
Well both are very dangerous I guess it's one's opinion without getting a doctor's opinion on which is more dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies