Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 05:21 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Anyone here live through the civil rights era, the Vietnam era?
Protest and scary stuff.
We will get through this also. People just need to speak their mind. That is what we are.
Anyway, it is a done deal no matter if you like or not.
Life is full of backroom deals and they are aplenty here.
What I like is that so many thought they were getting free health care but now time to pay the bill....
Forget seeing a doc, you will be seeing NP (and they do a great job mind you) and your family members will be wiping up the doodoo cause there will not be nurses to do your basic cares anymore. The good thing is that the nurses that hang in there will be there for the dedication to the profession again. The pay will not be there anymore.
Brave new world that the unfortunate young will have to pay for. Just my two and one-half cents worth.
Unfortunate?

Some would argue the World gets better as we bump along...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 05:46 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Hmm...I wonder if this will be legal.
Not only is it legal, but its encouraged..
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
If not it is an interesting scenario, and hopefully the Government will compile many example scenarios like the one you've presented to prevent and pursue fraud which could cost the taxpayers money.
You mean the government will compile a list of examples and rewrite the law that many said was bad from the beginning, to fix it?

Another problem, the bill fines companies for having 50+ full time employees. So be prepared to not be able to find full time work. All companies now have an incentive to hire part timers..

There are so many flaws in this bill, it will take another 1,000 page bill to fix the bill that didnt fix healthcare that it was intended to fix..

Old 03-25-2010, 05:55 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The only thing the tea party people have in common with each other, is they are upset about the out of control spending by the federal government, and upset about the state of the economy and unemployment, and they blame the federal government for causing these things to happen, or exacerbating them.

There is no common ideology, no specific political party affiliation, race or gender that draws these people together, just a distrust for government, and a collective cry to stop ruining our country.

So trying to paint the tea party people with a broad brush is useless.
They are not upset with the federal gov. They are upset over a black president period. Lieing fat racist. That liitle civil war they are planning they do realize you actually have to move to fight a war dont they.They will find out real quick that they will actually have to do something and the poor ghetto kids are not going to be fighting this war for them. That will stop that in a weeks time

Old 03-25-2010, 05:57 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
Your taxes have not increased during the Obama administration.
Thats the point they only became tired of spending once bush was not the one spending. Before that they sat back and watched fox news all day and sent in money to the government.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:13 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
Your taxes have not increased during the Obama administration.
Correct, and actually, they have gone down. But hey, who's counting, rhetoric is so much more fun than reality.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:07 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
They are not upset with the federal gov. They are upset over a black president period.
Just an FYI: You're wrong.

You should talk with us more, instead of relying on failed comedians and left-wing news sources to do your investigative work for you.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:16 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Correct, and actually, they have gone down. But hey, who's counting, rhetoric is so much more fun than reality.
Who's counting? Not you, obviously.

In February, 2009, President Obama signed into law the two largest tax increases in U.S. history. Part of the SCHIP bill, the tax on loose tobacco increased by more than 2,100%, and the tax on little cigars increased by more than 2,400%. As a person that made my own cigarettes, I was personally affected by this tax increase (that you claim didn't happen).

I know, I know... Here - I'll write it for you, to save us the time: "But he said it was your INCOME tax that wouldn't be raised!"

Wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Obama
No family making less than $250,000 a year will see ANY form of tax increase. Not your income tax; not your payroll tax; not your capital gains taxes; not ANY of your taxes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8erePM8V5U
So now we know "who's counting," and who's not.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:23 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Just an FYI: You're wrong.
I agree. Disliking the health care bill certainly doesn't mean you are against a black president. I would not consider myself a "tea partier" but I am staunchly Republican, and I happen to like President Obama on a personal level. He seems like a nice guy to me who really thinks he's doing the right thing. I find him very likable. However, I certainly am not in agreement with him on a political level. Sure, it's naive to think that there are no racists in the country, but many, many people are not. They just have a political philosophy that it quite different than President Obama's.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:31 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
the Vietnam era?
Protest and scary stuff.
You know what I find scary. Folks protesting back then because their children or friends were being killed by the thousands in a foreign land and folks protesting now because they DID NOT WANT GREEDY INSURANCE COMPANIES TAKEN OUT OF OUR HEALTH CARE DELIVERY SYSTEM and having to compare the two in the same sentence.

Physicians for a National Health Program

Old 03-25-2010, 08:39 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,186 times
With all of the harsh outbursts & actions from the tea party participants, they'll cause themselves to get sick due to the built up anger & alchol consumption.

They'll probably be the main ones driving up health care costs & also become a recipients of the new health care reform down the line.

They better calm themselves down if they want to live much longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies