Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 09:56 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Based on your absurd OP, what else do you think would happen?
You want to quit your job, fine.
Other people want it.
Then you'd have no income and demand government services to take care of you.
That's what hypocrites do.
Don't you work for the government or at least have a job because of the government?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 10:04 AM

1,842 posts, read 1,708,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportBarry View Post
This can be done through deeming it all Odious debt since the American people/citizens never agreed to the bogard tactics instittuted by our Governement to get us in such dire straits

What are odious debts?

...If the creditors could not do so, before an international tribunal, the debt would be unenforceable.
Keynesian economics. Borrowing in times of economic hardship and spending said money is in the best interest of the state or territory. I I can't say that the current debt is in the catigory that you stated.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:07 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Don't quit your job, but if you stopped all unnecessary spending, along with millions of others, that would help in NOT enabling obama's policies.

He needs to have job creation, in order to get that, he needs business to start hiring, in order to get that he needs demand for goods and services, in order to get that he needs consumers to start spending again.
So you advocate people trying to keep the economy down in order to retaliate against Obama for health care reform?

You'd really rather continue to see people out of work and kicked out of their houses than see Obama succeed in revitalizing the economy?

You never cease to amaze.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:24 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
So you advocate people trying to keep the economy down in order to retaliate against Obama for health care reform?

You'd really rather continue to see people out of work and kicked out of their houses than see Obama succeed in revitalizing the economy?

You never cease to amaze.

I always find it ironic when republicans (who are the party of the people & pro-life) suggest things that they know would ruin the country further.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:51 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
life would go on....seeds, water, birth control,

Old 03-25-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
life would go on....seeds, water, birth control,
Or no birth control if we are that broke.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:15 AM

151 posts, read 138,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming View Post
Keynesian economics. Borrowing in times of economic hardship and spending said money is in the best interest of the state or territory. I I can't say that the current debt is in the catigory that you stated.
LOOK, Borrowing from the FED period is BAD. if you need clarity on that I'll be here all week.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:20 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Actually, I went Gault some time ago. So far, so good!
You read a thousand page book and you can't even spell the main character's name correctly?

Captain of industry, indeed.

To answer the thread question: Someone else would have a job, and you wouldn't.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportBarry View Post
LOOK, Borrowing from the FED period is BAD. if you need clarity on that I'll be here all week.
I think we see eye to eye on that one.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
You read a thousand page book and you can't even spell the main character's name correctly?

Captain of industry, indeed.

To answer the thread question: Someone else would have a job, and you wouldn't.
Well a general just plain we quit our jobs and didn't look for new work year would drive wages up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies