Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 10:16 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
A consistent line from the Republicans has been that this bill went against the "will of the people". This line was always a bit stupid as congressmen/women are suppose to serve their constituents not the nation as a whole and they largely did just that. But it ends up that the nation as a whole supports the health care bill as well (49% vs 40%):

Majority of Poor, Young, Uninsured Back Healthcare Bill

What is funny is that people over 65 were least supportive, yet it is these people that are largely on a government run health care system.
Question Authority. Unscrew the polls. Too twisty. They are easily distorted. At least 65-80% of the people want health care reform.

Problem is, the remainders (mighty mouths) have more money and make more noise... White people noise?

Shut it out and shut them up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 01:21 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times
Quote:
Obama did not fire the CEO. But if GM wanted government $$$, they had to change things. The government does not own GM, rather the government borrowed GM money.

The headlines are all misleading, have you not figured out yet that headlines are usually misleading? Look at the details, you'll find that they don't match your rhetoric.
You crack me up. Keep telling yourself that ^ and one day you may come to actually believe it.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:21 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,864,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
That's very suprising you hold a degree to me. Because of all the right wing posters here I would lump you in with the biggest group that doesn't know much about the issues. You're great at reciting right wing story lines. But when it comes to details about issues you are absent. Maybe you are not as sharp as you once were?
Why? Just because he doesn't agree with you? I think that you are threatened by an educated conservative. I am a conservative independent who also has a college degree. I am going to start working on a certificate in the fall because the job market collapsed in my field. By the way, Fox News actually shows both sides of the issues and allows for viewers to form their own opinions. Juan Williams, a liberal, frequently makes appearances on Fox News.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:24 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,083,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
You crack me up. Keep telling yourself that ^ and one day you may come to actually believe it.
Telling myself the truth? Sure...I'll keep doing that.

Old 03-28-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Telling myself the truth? Sure...I'll keep doing that.
You wouldn't know the truth, and to quote Nicholoson, 'you couldn't handle the truth'.

When a person can look at something that is plain as the nose on their face and go, that's not what that is, that is something else entirely...something is grave wrong with them.

Government run industries. We have them! You just don't want to see it or know about it.

What do you need to see to believe. You obviously don't believe journalists. So what--federal documents that show it? Begin in 2009 and move forward. It's all there. 1/6 of the U.S. economy run by the government not privately held any more. (banks, auto industry, student loans, insurance...mortgage and finance, purchased through debt agreements)

Obama said it, 'yes we can!'...have it all and take it right up out of the peoples hands and they will allow us to do it, because they don't know any better. They will all deny the truth and it won't hit 'em what they have done until it is too late to do anything about it.

One of the biggest investments that investors know about and buy into is debt. Look it up, if you don't believe me.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
Question Authority. Unscrew the polls. Too twisty. They are easily distorted. At least 65-80% of the people want health care reform.

Problem is, the remainders (mighty mouths) have more money and make more noise... White people noise?

Shut it out and shut them up.
In another thread I see some one has said that 73% do not want the reform, which isn't a reform...

Where are these numbers coming from?

Black people noise as well... (black people on the street and in parking lots on the radio shows calling in) I wish people would get it that this is not a race thing. It's a people of American thing.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:16 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Absolutely. What's also ridiculous is that "the will of the people" kicked Republicans out in 2006 and 2008. Democrats are just doing what their constituents elected them to do.

If Republicans are unhappy, perhaps they should stop with the hysterics and the name-calling, and focus on the November elections. They can win, but not if their behavior turns off moderate Americans throughout the next few months. They look like childish sore losers right now.

What is mature about double counting?

What is mature about hiding debt with Doc-Fix?

What is mature about stealing from our elders?

What is mature about saddling the next generation with our debt?

It's the moderate voters, the swing voters, who have caused the generic polls to shift in Republican's favor. The number one issue with these voters is exploding deficits. They don't buy the sunny economic forecasts these numbers are based on, and they know the debt is hidden and the costs are back loaded for self-serving political purposes.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:57 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,083,618 times
Quote:
Government run industries. We have them! You just don't want to see it or know about it.
The government runs all sorts of things in this country, as I stated previously government spending makes up around 20% of US GDP. But the idea that the US is running the auto industry, etc is completely false.

Quote:
It's all there. 1/6 of the U.S. economy run by the government not privately held any more.
This is of course nonsense, the health care bill does not create a socialized system of medicine. Rather it further regulates the insurance industry.

Regulations does not equal "run by the government". Again, EVERY industry in this country is regulated on some level.

Quote:
One of the biggest investments that investors know about and buy into is debt.
Of course investors buy bonds...what is your point?

Old 03-29-2010, 07:56 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What is mature about double counting?

What is mature about hiding debt with Doc-Fix?

What is mature about stealing from our elders?

What is mature about saddling the next generation with our debt?

It's the moderate voters, the swing voters, who have caused the generic polls to shift in Republican's favor. The number one issue with these voters is exploding deficits. They don't buy the sunny economic forecasts these numbers are based on, and they know the debt is hidden and the costs are back loaded for self-serving political purposes.
"The moderate voters, the swing voters...number one issue is exploding deficits"...

Right, your are learning grasshopper. They know that in 1980 the deficit was Under 1 Trillion and by the end of Bush the 2nd (2008) it was near 10-11 Trillion, plus what it has cost so far (2 trillion or so) to keep the country from going into depression.

Of that 10+ trillion deficit, the Dems under Clinton added about 1.3 trillion. The remaining 10 trillion or so was a gift from the "fiscally conservative" Republican Party hacks.

Swing on that.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:54 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,972,072 times
I am neither a repugnican nor a demoncrat.
I do not like obama.
I do not like his health care bill.
I am in favor of FOOMP! That is, the Federal Office Of Medical Payments. The Department of Health and Human Services will be required to establish reasonable and proper costs for ALL medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, etc. goods and services. FOOMP employees will be empowered to write checks in payment of the services given to CITIZENS ONLY! (well, OK, the holders of certain long term Visas [student visas?] MAY be able to get care, we'll have to think about that.) That is ALL the employees of FOOMP will be allowed to do! Write checks.
Bills for medical etc. services and goods will be sent directly to FOOMP. There will be no co-pay or deductibles.
NO insurance company will be allowed to write a medical insurance policy, except for coverage for foreign nationals visiting the United States, incuding diplomats. There will be no limit on what the insurance companies can charge for this service.
FOOMP will be funded exactly the same way that the bailouts were funded.

By the way, obama is NOT a "black man". He is a dark skinned white man!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies