Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 11:40 AM

151 posts, read 138,618 times

Advertisements

Buy American. keep that money circulating within our borders for as long as possible. I know I know, some of you own BMW's, Mercs, Wei's and PS3's, TV's made abroad but GOING FORWARD...reduce your spending on things made in China and abroad. even food. it will be a booger to accomplish since the Government over the years has forced us to bend over for imports...And Obama is only making this worse. Everybody can see that even if you support him.

for example on clothes/shoes: I used to buy all kinds of shoes made in China, NIKE.. But eversince Obama took office, I stopped buying NIKE and just wear what I bought already and went back to buying Dickies clothing...lol. Now I still have all my foreign clothing items, some will be sold to make ends meet but overall I'll wear the stuff I already got but by this time next year my entire Wardrobe outside of work will most likely be Dickies.

On food: I increasingly noticed food coming from "Ecuador, Chile,etc..." now those same foods (fruits/veggies mostly) I've planted in my yard and will grow my own so in about 5 months I will be off the 'foreign food' grid. which is a whole other can of worms.

On pleasure: I rarely go 'shopping' anymore, cut back on 'buying' DVD's/CD's and rent movies instead and jam what's on satellite to save $$ in that area

On gas: I used to cruise just to cruise. no more. Now I get on my bike to save gas money.

The key going forward for everybody is to do less so you can keep more of your greenbacks. Obama is going to sack the economy no matter how much the entire country cries foul, so we are better off preparing for the inevitable.

Going back and forth with his handlers and know-nots on a chat forum will do nothing but boost your ego or damage it depending on if you know what you are talking about or not.

have a nice day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 11:42 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportBarry View Post
Buy American. keep that money circulating within our borders for as long as possible. I know I know, some of you own BMW's, Mercs, Wei's and PS3's, TV's made abroad but GOING FORWARD...reduce your spending on things made in China and abroad. even food. it will be a booger to accomplish since the Government over the years has forced us to bend over for imports...And Obama is only making this worse. Everybody can see that even if you support him.

for example on clothes/shoes: I used to buy all kinds of shoes made in China, NIKE.. But eversince Obama took office, I stopped buying NIKE and just wear what I bought already and went back to buying Dickies clothing...lol. Now I still have all my foreign clothing items, some will be sold to make ends meet but overall I'll wear the stuff I already got but by this time next year my entire Wardrobe outside of work will most likely be Dickies.

On food: I increasingly noticed food coming from "Ecuador, Chile,etc..." now those same foods (fruits/veggies mostly) I've planted in my yard and will grow my own so in about 5 months I will be off the 'foreign food' grid. which is a whole other can of worms.

On pleasure: I rarely go 'shopping' anymore, cut back on 'buying' DVD's/CD's and rent movies instead and jam what's on satellite to save $$ in that area

On gas: I used to cruise just to cruise. no more. Now I get on my bike to save gas money.

The key going forward for everybody is to do less so you can keep more of your greenbacks. Obama is going to sack the economy no matter how much the entire country cries foul, so we are better off preparing for the inevitable.

Going back and forth with his handlers and know-nots on a chat forum will do nothing but boost your ego or damage it depending on if you know what you are talking about or not.

have a nice day.
I will never buy an Obama motor car

Old 03-25-2010, 11:59 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportBarry View Post

have a nice day.
OK, but don't complain when other countries follow suit and your exports go down I guess you need the world more than vice versa.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:31 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,072 times
Soooo would you rather me buy a Chevy made in Mexico rather than a Honda made in Indiana?

Old 03-25-2010, 12:32 PM

948 posts, read 894,186 times
I'll still buy Japanese. We need to keep them solvent for when the $hit hits the fan. You see what them little upstarts did to us back in '41-'45?

I know they aren't the Bushido culture they once were and have become very lax in the last 60 years, but they'll whip into shape once 200M Chinese hit their shores.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Soooo would you rather me buy a Chevy made in Mexico rather than a Honda made in Indiana?
Don't buy Honda, they can't take a hit. Good motors, crappy hardware.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:35 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
I would rather buy a bike from china then an obama motor car

Old 03-25-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I would rather buy a bike from china then an obama motor car
It's gonna be lead filled and give you Cancer in 20 years. Don't give those rats any money. Let them come take it.

Except....Jackie Chan and Chow Yun Fat. You can give them money. They make cool flicks!

Old 03-25-2010, 12:42 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,452,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGL1 View Post
Don't buy Honda, they can't take a hit. Good motors, crappy hardware.
I don't plan on buying one. I just don't see the logic in blindly supporting an American company that ‎outsources labor while shunning a foreign company that creates jobs here.‎

Besides I don't want to pay for a Chevy twice. I don't want to support a company that took bailout ‎money. ‎

Old 03-25-2010, 12:46 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Quote:
Good point And when Americans are as short of money now as they keep telling here all the time, do they have the cash to pay for a Fender bass made in the US when the equivalent Fender made in Mexico costs just 2/3 or even 1/2?

The problem with US products is that when you want high quality, things get pretty expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies