Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 01:56 PM

54 posts, read 46,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Where gays are concerned you can count on them fouling everything. The only thing a gay jesus would do is lead them to decay.

Why should these people ever be accepted Normal people should shun them!
You have some serious mental problems. I'd suggest that you get treated asap.

Old 03-27-2010, 02:09 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,657,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
Why a negative impression of homosexuals?

Well, probably things like the overt demonstrations of gross "sex-acts" in public doesn't help.
The "gay-pride" parades and the Folsom Street Fair (check out photos online) expose the systemic and inherently wrong nature of homosexuality for all to see.... When we can all see it we all make comments about it and form our opinions based on what we see and experience and those opinions are overwhelmingly negative, how could they NOT be?

.....if you don't want the public to form negative opinions about homosexuality....then do not engage in homosexuality in public......

...too easy......
The Folsom Street Fair is a sexually-themed street fair. It's not surprising that there are displays of homosexuality there. If you don't like it, then don't attend, and don't look at the pictures.

I think mega-Evangelical churches are a warped display of religion fused with capitalism. I could just as easily say that Evangelism is inherently wrong, but I'm not that closed-minded.

Live and let live. Ever heard of that?

Old 03-27-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
If gays want to be accepted as "normal" (I know gays that actually behave normally in public), stop acting like twits and join the human race.
It's interesting that some people make statements like this, but then verbally bash gays on a near-daily basis as being deviant and abnormal. If you want gays to be fully integrated with heterosexuals, then treat them as if they're normal, and give them reasons to want to join you.

You must really believe that most gays "act like twits". If you didn't, then your statement above wouldn't make sense.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:27 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's interesting that some people make statements like this, but then verbally bash gays on a near-daily basis as being deviant and abnormal. If you want gays to be fully integrated with heterosexuals, then treat them as if they're normal, and give them reasons to want to join you.

You must really believe that most gays "act like twits". If you didn't, then your statement above wouldn't make sense.

Gays are abnormal. We have been through this discussion before. Futher they have an increased incidence of affective disorders. These are just facts. Do I treat them any differently? No. I have gay patients who I like very much. Why? Because they act like human beings. My PC doc is gay and is a great guy. I do not think I would see him in such a play, nor condoning such behavior. Idiots should be called idiots, whether they are gay or not.

Who do I treat differently? People who act "different" and attract controversy or attention to themselves. This, as many actions by the gay agenda, was designed to inflame and provoke. Any idiot could have predicted the response. It really suggests that many in the gay community do not want to live peacefully with everyone else and are interested in provoking fights. Not very civil behavior at all. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Any self respecting gay citizen should condemn such outrageous behavior. To condone such actions further separates gays from the mainstream as those who DO engage in aberrant behavior. Not good PR at all.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:04 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,739,985 times
If its not harming anyone,then let people do anything they want.
Mind your own business.

I love that we have people that are so very different from one another,it keeps things interesting.

who the heck is NORMAL?

Old 03-27-2010, 05:07 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,265,381 times
Quote:

Who do I treat differently? People who act "different" and attract controversy or attention to themselves. This, as many actions by the gay agenda, was designed to inflame and provoke.

Any self respecting gay citizen should condemn such outrageous behavior. To condone such actions further separates gays from the mainstream as those who DO engage in aberrant behavior. Not good PR at all.
I agree, I wish some groups of people WOULD speak out about behavior that is dangerous to the publc. Oh wait, that would include those so-called religious people who turn a blind eye to their fellow believers. Hmmm.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Gays are abnormal. We have been through this discussion before. Futher they have an increased incidence of affective disorders. These are just facts. Do I treat them any differently? No. I have gay patients who I like very much. Why? Because they act like human beings. My PC doc is gay and is a great guy.
I find it very strange that someone would say "gays are abnormal" but then choose to see a gay doctor for primary care. Seems like an abnormal thing to do.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:21 PM

418 posts, read 487,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It was Babel, not Babylon.

Carry on.
hahah, oops. It's been a while since I heard those silly sky god myths.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:33 PM

418 posts, read 487,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
You are arguing from a cultural aspect (mixing your argument), sexual preference as per its biological purpose is consistently shown to be heterosexual. Homosexual occurrence is an anomaly. By the basic principals of evaluation, it is abnormal.
Seems rather common and normal to me:

Homosexual behavior in animals
Quote:
Homosexual behavior in animals refers to the documented evidence of homosexual, bisexual and transgender behavior in non-human animals. Such behaviors include sex, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting. A 1999 review by researcher Bruce Bagemihl shows that homosexual behavior has been observed in close to 1500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, and is well documented for 500 of them.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:34 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,945,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfacedjenkins View Post
Seems rather common and normal to me:

Homosexual behavior in animals
Again, you are arguing its occurrence over species as if that is evidence of its commonality in rate of occurence. Homosexuality accounts within each species for an extremely small percentage of occurrence thereby defining it as abnormal. Normal is common, abnormal is not. I don't see why you are arguing this point, it is quantifiable.

Also, as is noted in animals there are occurrences of actions to which signify no such direction. Animals have been known to act in such manners regardless of the subject. Does a dog that humps a persons leg prefer inter species relations? Does an animal that seeks similar course with a stuffed animal, a tree or rock also seek such as a relational focus? Or are these simply instinctive impulses reactionary to basic animal reaction to bodily urges?

/shrug
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies