Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 09:51 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGL1 View Post
Try reading Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals and then maybe you too will understand.
Radicals come in both liberal and conservative flavors.

And the conservatives have been using some of Alinsky's strategies to forward their own agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Everything the Nazis did was legal. Aiding Jews running for their lives was illegal. So what if abortion is legal? That just means murder is legal.

An abortionist may feel a lot of things, but sympathy for their fellow human isn't one of them.
An abortionist may feel sympathy for their fellow human being, just not the one you want them to feel sympathy for.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I can't believe anyone would really take this seriously...(I don't mean the the cutting of the gas grill tubes) I mean your believing the TeaParty is involved.

Nita
I agree with you. The majority of tea partiers aren't violent, and do not advocate violence in any way to affect change. But some members of the Tea Party movement aren't so moderate. Anyone who publishes the personal addresses of their political opponents, hoping to harass those political opponents, is behaving irresponsibly.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:09 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
I got it now.

Those radical people who they are calling tea party members.

Well, they are former Acorn workers in drag trying to stir up the country.

Now we all should be worried, put the way the liberals acted for the last 8 years with this aggressive behavior we are seeing and it all adds up.

Those nuts out there are really LIBERALS pretending to be tea party members.

I knew it was them all along.

Be afraid people, the left will go nuts when they lose the power they so love.

Knowing liberals like I do, they will burn down our towns.

This is how the liberals KOOL-AID Party Gangsta's act when they do not get what they want.

MOST LIBERALS ARE THE REAL AMERICAN TERRORIST

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww318/SunnyDays90/liberals.jpg (broken link)

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww318/SunnyDays90/liberals2.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-26-2010, 10:18 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
Not my point. Here we go with the Nazi comparison again. My point is that disagreeing with something doesn't give anyone the right to threaten anyone else - period. How is the use of fear going help those who are actually trying to rationally make a point?

There are nuts on every side of this issue. Some of them are incredibly dangerous. Really, how many times to we have to see "incidents" which prove this case before we realize that these kinds of actions are getting us nowhere? Here's an idea: Vote. Vote them out - kiss them goodbye...put our "money where our mouths are" and get off the couch on election day.

Attend a meeting, but instead of silently simmering with steam coming out of our ears, and saying "hear hear!" when others stand up and scream, plan ahead and prepare a well-written statement that makes the point (oh, and get over the 9th-grade fear of public speaking while we're at it).

This trainwreck didn't happen the day before yesterday. I'd say it's about high time to pay attention even if what the controversy is doesn't pertain to us personally.

It's no different than a band of "pro-abortion" (or whatever the "politically correct" term for it is now) people picketing and threatening those who speak out against abortion, or those who are "pro-life" threaten (and have murdered) physicians. Sorry, it's hypocritical anyway we slice it.

I know plenty of "tea-partiers" who are perfectly rational people. I also know a variety of rational conservatives and liberals. Most take the time to educate themselves beyond one or two jaded news sources before flying off the handle.

Those I take issue with are the ones who work themselves into such fits of rage (often over things that have been proven to be false in short order) and who feel that they're right and everyone else is wrong.

I think this (if it is indeed true btw) is a good example of a situation where someone failed to educate themselves on the ownership of the very home that was supposedly being targeted.

Excerpt from link:

"The incident is being viewed as an attempted threat to a member of congress, sources said.
Two members of the conservative Tea Party groups in Danville and Lynchburg posted the home’s address online Monday, mistakenly believing it belonged to the congressman. The home actually belongs to Bo Perriello, the congressman’s older brother."

Prop. 8 Supporters Harassed by Homosexual Activists - Catholic Online

Map of Prop 8 Donors - SFist

The Elephant in the Room: No way to preach tolerance | Philadelphia Inquirer | 02/10/2010 (http://www.philly.com/inquirer/opinion/83994767.html - broken link)

Old 03-26-2010, 10:19 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Look at all the teabagger sympathizers scurry for cover as they attempt to distance themselves from the violence being carried out by their heroes
We just have to look to the White House to see how to deal with violent protesters. Invite them in and make them a big part of your administration.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:22 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Apparently the Tea Party is publishing the addresses of Dem lawmakers. Why? Obviously so that some right wing radical can locate and attack the lawmakers, and that is exactly what happened. Only the TP accidentally published the address of a lawmakers brother who consequently had his gas grill tubes cut by a right wing radical/terrorist. That could have led to a fatal explosion if the brother had tried to use the grill.

Is the Tea Party radicals taking this a little too far?

Perriello Home Targeted by Tea Party Terrorists
Ummmmmmmmmm the left has being doing this tactic for yrs....I never heard you complain then.

"THE WORM HAS TURNED!!!!"

Old 03-26-2010, 10:28 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Feel free to open a new thread about your other issue. Prop-8 has absolutely nothing to do with this.

And I don't care is some left wing lunatic used violence in the past. It does not make it OK with RW radicals to use violence today. Anyone who does so needs to be arrested and taken to court. The fact that the RW crowd here defends these criminals says a lot, and the fact that the Republicans have failed to uniformly condemn the crimes says a lot too. There has been several "R"s who have come forward to condemn it, but most of them just say "there are a lot of angry people out there". That is very irresponsible.
"The fact that the RW crowd here defends these criminals says a lot, and the fact that the Republicans have failed to uniformly condemn the crimes says a lot too."

The fact that you have already labeled them as criminals before they have had a fair and impartial trial says even more. Have they been arrested? If so, what are the charges? Was our spitter arrested? NO? Why not? Prove any of these people have done anything illegal. Otherwise it is simply slander.

Get back to me when the left owns its own dysfunction.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:30 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Please stop with your lies. I don't see any source to back your claim.
Funny. Here's a hint:

the blue letters are a clickable link to the source.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:32 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"The fact that the RW crowd here defends these criminals says a lot, and the fact that the Republicans have failed to uniformly condemn the crimes says a lot too."

The fact that you have already labeled them as criminals before they have had a fair and impartial trial says even more. Have they been arrested? If so, what are the charges? Was our spitter arrested? NO? Why not? Prove any of these people have done anything illegal. Otherwise it is simply slander.

Get back to me when the left owns its own dysfunction.

As far as I know NOT ONE single poster here has been able to POST any proof of the ALLEGED happenings.

They want to give terrorist rights but want to take away rights of US citizens. Amazing how the left think.

If anything, I can see the idiot Lewis doing the spitting myself.

When will Obama and the DEM CONGRESS ask the left wingers NOT TO BE SO MEAN, HATEFUL, AGGRESSIVE AND STUPID?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies