Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2010, 06:43 AM

354 posts, read 749,373 times

Advertisements

i just realized this:

there seems to be a fight for some right during our course of history. these are the major ones i can think of. feel free to add what i forget.

for the longest time, women has been stripped off rights in almost ANYthing. in fact even in Jesus' time women can NOT even ENTER the church temple. i wonder why Jesus did not say anything about that. i mean it was a BIG deal when some woman wore pants, women can NOT even VOTE. and so the birth of women's lib. my question here. why does men think they have the RIGHT to treat women like that?

then the blacks. remember slavery? in fact that is the VERY reason why the N word is still controversial up to this day. it was a BIG deal even to sit in the same bus with the whites?! remember rosa parks? they were not even given the RIGHT for education!! then came abe lincoln.. my question here. why does the whites think they have the RIGHT to treat blacks like that?

now it is the homosexual. prop 8. need i say more? oh not to mention the MANY violence and killings of homosexual in the hands of the heterosexuals. my question here. why does the heterosexuals think they have the RIGHT to treat homosexuals like that?

my basic question. why does some people or group of people think they have more privilege than the other group? where does this insanity came from?

oh what about during wars and colonizing era... why does those invaders think they have the RIGHT to invade a country and kill the inhabitants to claim it their colony?

i am just wondering..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 07:13 AM

301 posts, read 208,470 times
Default I wont get to deep

In America, a relatively small faction of whites believe that they are the sole owners of the U.S. and everybody else are visitors, invaders etc. They long for life as it was in the 1700s and lash out and any sign of progress because they have remained stagnant. They'll hate Obama no matter what he says or does ..They hate him especially because he does NOT cower when faced with their threats or overall mongering. His fearlessness drives them crazy as evidenced by their most recent outlandish behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies