Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 12:27 PM

15,061 posts, read 8,622,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Talk about hypocrisy.

So he ordered it closed and it is not closed and is still open.

Then you talk about mass destruction when your Sos and your VP both voted to send troops to War.

How do you know they have and never will be found? Are you guessing just like you are about Gitmo?
The one thing we don't need is to counter lies with more lies. Let's be honest. There were no WMDs. It was a lie. And they won't be found, and they knew there was none.

The issue I'm trying to drive home here is that they ALL LIE. The Republicans Lie and so do the Democrats. Bush was a liar, and so is Obama.

We need to stop play their left-right game. Both sides are playing us ... and they win, while we lose.

This is about stopping the "Heads I win, Tails you lose game"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brubaker View Post
I agree...it's almost like the more he does the more inflamed 'the right' becomes.
Thank God most Americans are somewhat rational and see him for what he is..a hard working moderate that sincerely wants what's best for his country.

Though you wouldn't know thats how America thinks from visiting sites such as CD where one person can post a thousand messages (under a dozen different names) and skew what appears to be the average mindset of Americans.
I hope that is what's happening here ... I'd hate to believe that thinking, breathing people actually believe the blatant lies that are so in your face as what this President Obama aka President Soetoro spews.

I'd hate to believe there are people out there who think the troops are home .. who think Guantanamo Bay is closed .. who think there are no new taxes .. who think there is transparency ... who actually believe these PROVABLE AND WELL DOCUMENTED lies.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:46 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
The more he does the more the Republicans WILL be upset. That's how politics works. The Republicans don't want the Democrats to do anything that they will get credit for so they are trying to block and/or vilify every little thing. The same goes for the the Democrats when the Republicans are in power...although they didn't try to to things as sweeping as Obama is doing. He is acting like a man with nothing to lose and will stand by whatever he gets done, even if it's a total failure.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:53 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,469 times
Lightbulb A Couple Points To Ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Hate has nothing to do with it.

Facts do.

I am right so much is makes me sick.

Obama and your party is making things worse in America and you have to live with that for a while longer.

I do hate what Obama is doing to America.

Every day you come on here and rant about how well he is doing.

Sorry to tell you he is not doing so well as witness by the poll numbers and the people who did NOT want this HC bill to pass.

Obama cannot be trusted and the dem party is out of control.

Live with it.

The truth is in the pudding.

If you do not like what I post go eat some more cheese or something.

It is not my fault Obama hands me new ammo every single day.

Failure after failure.

What lie will he tell or screw up will be done today by the Obamanator?

You know I really thought the only thing the man can do is be a good Dad, now to think of it he allowed his poor kids to attend a racist hate filled anti American Church for their entire lives. Cross that one of his list.

He is the master of ZERO accomplishments.

Sorry I am so right all the time.
Firsrt of all, I'm not the only person here who supports the President, or as you say, 'rants every day how well he's doing'...people are going to do that, no matter how much you ball up your fists and scrunch up your face and wish they wouldn't...it's called 'expressing an opinion', which means they have just as much right to say what THEY think as YOU do...

Secondly, I happen to LIKE cheese, thank you very much, and I'll be glad to eat more---as I continue to post my opinions here, every day, every night if necessary, whether you like it or not...I'm sorry, but your angry blasts of hot air mean nothing to me, so find some change and call somebody who might actually care, beacause I'm grown, and you can't and don't tell me what to think or do

Finally, on the subject of you always being right, well, as my New York friends are known to say---'sez you!' Just because YOU believe something, or think it's right, doesn't mean I have to believe it, and vice versa...

Don't like what I post? Tough, because as long as I have brain cells, an opinion, and a keyboard and monitor, I will CONTINUE to express myself, and THAT is a fact...live with it

Old 03-26-2010, 12:55 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkid View Post
The Executive Order is signed to close Gitmo..The deadline has been missed but it will close. Missing a deadline is NOT a lie. A lie is when you say YOU KNOW someone has WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION AND THEY DON'T and NEVER HAD.

Obama hasn't ordered drones to kill thousands of kids..THat's crazy talk.

Yes, he's going after the terrorist where they are which he said he would do during the campaign. You got a problem with that?

We just signed a nuclear treaty with Russia..Sounds like defense is still a priority to me.

Give terrorist rights??LOL Do me a favor and Answer this. Under Bush, what percentage of terrorist were tried in civilian court vs. a military tribunal..The answer should provide you with a clear view inside your hypocrisy.
Are you prepared to call Pelosi and MANY other Democrats liars then?

Do we need to pull up the sound-bites to prove to you that it's not squarely a Republican argument? Or are you man/woman enough to admit that Democrats are liars too?

What's it going to be? Do I need to make you eat crow or not?

Old 03-26-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
The more he does the more the Republicans WILL be upset. That's how politics works. The Republicans don't want the Democrats to do anything that they will get credit for so they are trying to block and/or vilify every little thing. The same goes for the the Democrats when the Republicans are in power...although they didn't try to to things as sweeping as Obama is doing. He is acting like a man with nothing to lose and will stand by whatever he gets done, even if it's a total failure.
The key here is "politics" or Poly (meaning many) tics (meaning blood sucking parasites).

Old 03-26-2010, 12:57 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,927 times
I don't hate or love Obama. I hear he gave Netanyahoo the willies. Netanyahoo gives a lot of people the willies.
I would say I am happier with Obama (except for the war thing mainly) than I ever was with Bush and Co.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:58 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,985,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
This is what happens when you do to much acid. You starting thinkg Obama is GOD.
No. Obama is one up on GOD. He actually exists.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:59 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
The guy has been getting it done.....

saving the world economy
Health Care
Getting more troops in afhanistan where the real terrorist hide
Getting us out of the farce that is Iraq
signing legislation for equal pay for equal work for women
ending don't ask don't tell
the nuclear arms reduction
restored world confidence in america

is already starting to reduce the deficit and immigration reform and spur economic growth at home....he's done more in 11/2 then GWB and the republicans did in 8-10....
I'm not sure what president you're paying attention to - saving the world economy? You're kidding, right?
Restored world confidence? He's a laughingstock.

I'd like to see your proof that he's started to reduce the deficit - from what I see, he's only added to it. Same for spuring economic growth - big failure.

You are right in that he's done more than Bush. Tripled the deficit under this adminstration. More jobs lost. Higher taxes.....busy, busy man.

Old 03-26-2010, 01:00 PM

301 posts, read 208,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Are you prepared to call Pelosi and MANY other Democrats liars then?

Do we need to pull up the sound-bites to prove to you that it's not squarely a Republican argument? Or are you man/woman enough to admit that Democrats are liars too?

What's it going to be? Do I need to make you eat crow or not?
Absolutely, any Dem that stood behind that lie should be held responsible. Hillary paid when she lost the nomination to Obama who did not support it. Dems were guilted into voting in favor and punked out for fear of being considered soft on terror.

But, this was a lie crafted, pushed and sold by Bush. Dems are not exempt from being bamboozled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies