Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 05:24 AM

1,793 posts, read 3,336,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Yeah, his allegiance is to his family over a 'friend' who just slapped his #2 in the face.

Treason? For what? Having dinner with his family?

Trying to incite another NeoConfused witch-hunt?
Oh, come ON! "Dinner with the family" in the middle of a visit with Netanyahu? He's the PRESIDENT, for God's sake, not Martha Stewart! He simply used that pathetic and immature ploy to attempt to prove to an experienced and savvy leader that he's the all-powerful Oz and not the quaking coward behind the curtain. Didn't work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 05:25 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,524,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenZephyr View Post
Yea, right, I think this is an example of what is called in the radio business a "seminar caller". A person who claims to be a part of a group only to criticize and undermine, and are not actually who they claim to be.

Seminar caller:

A seminar caller is someone who mainly telephones radio talk shows for the purpose of promoting opposing political point of view as if it were genuinely spontaneous, or grassroots or their own.

Many seminar callers try to portray themselves as regular people, claim to agree with the host's point of view, then begin to read a contrary opinion from an agenda or list of talking points widely circulated by a group or organization who oppose the views of the host.
If I wanted to put Israel first as a Jew, I would move to Israel, I have the birthright to move there, but I am an American. The interests of the US is first and in this case, Obama is spot on, in fact he is not hard enough on Israel.

Many Jews in the US are horrified at what Israel does; many do not even belong to a Temple to ensure they do not send money to Israel. Most American Jews did not even support the idea of a Jewish homeland until after WW2 and are dismayed at what it became. People forget that after the '67 War, there was a big debate in Israel as to whether it was smart to occupy the West Bank, and occupy was the word that was used. Those who did not want the occupation turned out to be correct.

Of course, how the Arabs treat the Palestianians is just as bad as how Israel does. Arab countries like the Gulf States, sit on a mountain of $ and could turn the West Bank into an Eden, but they care less for the Palestianians than the Israelis and are content to see them live in fear and filth.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-28-2010 at 05:49 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 03-27-2010, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
Yea, tell me that if you try, just try, to bring shellfish in my house! If I wanted to put Israel first as a Jew, I would move to Israel, but I am an American. The interests of the US is first and in this case, Obama is spot on, in fact he is not hard enough on Israel.

Many Jews in the US are horrified at what Israel does; many do not even belong to a Temple to ensure they do not send money to Israel. Most American Jews did not even support the idea of a Jewish homeland until after WW2.

WHAT!!?? I'd like the source of this information, please. With their tens of thousands of relatives and loved ones trying to get the hell out of Europe since the mid-30s, you're stating that American Jews did not support a safe haven, an established homeland, for them? Yeah, right! Show me the info!!

Old 03-27-2010, 05:36 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,132,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsurv View Post
Oh, come ON! "Dinner with the family" in the middle of a visit with Netanyahu? He's the PRESIDENT, for God's sake, not Martha Stewart! He simply used that pathetic and immature ploy to attempt to prove to an experienced and savvy leader that he's the all-powerful Oz and not the quaking coward behind the curtain. Didn't work.
Oh, come ON yourself! You're whining about a 'pathetic and immature ploy' which is EXACTLY what Biden was faced with. Stop with the 'America owes Israel' crap. If you value Israel more than America, why not move there? The only allegiance any American owes is to America, PERIOD!

Netanyahu was here chatting up the lobbyists, NOT on a state visit. He was accorded the same respect our representatives were. If he doesn't like it he can go pound salt. What goes around comes around.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:53 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,269,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No, it wasn't! You're believing a lie. If you knew anything about Islam, you would know that they hate the West. Period. They believe it is their duty to kill the "infidels", which is anyone who is not Muslim. They hate Christians as much as they hate Jews, and call both "pigs".

They hate Western civilization, and it is their aim to destroy it, and convert the world to their way of life.

This is what makes them so dangerous.

We are not "teabaggers". Do you know what that term means? Quit using it. I consider it a personal attack to be called a "teabagger".

I support the Tea Party movement.

Why should Israel be "forced to the table"?
Quote:
Israel has been under constant attack for all of their history.
They are our friend and ally. They are a force for good and for peace in the middle east. They are not the ones making trouble.
Yes, and a lot of it is their own fault. If they truely wanted piece, they would have had it by now!

Old 03-27-2010, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsurv View Post
[/b]

WHAT!!?? I'd like the source of this information, please. With their tens of thousands of relatives and loved ones trying to get the hell out of Europe since the mid-30s, you're stating that American Jews did not support a safe haven, an established homeland, for them? Yeah, right! Show me the info!!
I am saying many did not see Israel as the place to go, rather that they should go to places where Jews were already thriving such as the US, Canada, Australia and so forth just as was the case during the great massacres of 1648 when Jews returned to Britian or again in 1881. Zionism is new to Judiasm as anyone familiar with what Herzl had to overcome would know. Rabbi Friedman, perhaps the most emment rabbi ever to live in Denver, (founder of the United Way, the National Jewish Hospital for Consumptives and rabbi of Temple Emmanual for 50 years) did not support Zionism and is quoted as saying "Palestine was sterlie and only fit for Jews to die in..." (Source: Pioneers, Peddlers and Tsadikim, The Story of the Jews of Colorado).

Old 03-27-2010, 06:37 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,604,028 times
[quote=newhandle;13474669]

Many Jews in the US are horrified at what Israel does; many do not even belong to a Temple to ensure they do not send money to Israel. Most American Jews did not even support the idea of a Jewish homeland until after WW2 and are dismayed at what it became.

QUOTE]

Tell me who...I haven't met one Jewish people who is stating things like you are saying....perhaps you are the first one to believe that.

Half my family was killed in tha gas chambers....the rest survived because they were in hiding and the brave soldiers came to free them, just as Americans are doing today all over the world!

Do you really believe Jewish people think Israel shouldn't be there, what is you agenda...are you buddies with the president of Iran?

Old 03-27-2010, 07:00 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,132,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Half my family was killed in tha gas chambers....the rest survived because they were in hiding and the brave soldiers came to free them, just as Americans are doing today all over the world!

Israel did not exist when that occurred. If you're attempting to claim Judaism and Israel are one and the same thing, the US has no business supporting a religion financially or physically.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Oh, come ON yourself! You're whining about a 'pathetic and immature ploy' which is EXACTLY what Biden was faced with. Stop with the 'America owes Israel' crap. If you value Israel more than America, why not move there? The only allegiance any American owes is to America, PERIOD!

Netanyahu was here chatting up the lobbyists, NOT on a state visit. He was accorded the same respect our representatives were. If he doesn't like it he can go pound salt. What goes around comes around.
You're HILARIOUS! Biden was faced with an admitted screw-up with Israel's communication; and Netanyahu may not have been on a state visit, but his standing as an Israeli leader, seasoned statesman and a dual-citizen in the political community CERTAINLY afforded him more respect than being left to sit there while Dr. Phil took a family break! Besides Little Man already did his "GOTCHA" by being an hour and a half late to his own dinner. Obama just had to do a TWO-upmanship to prove he's "in charge."

Why don't I move there? Why... because I support their struggle to survive on their UN-given and fairly-won turf amidst the Arab and muslim HUMONGOUS land mass that surrounds them? Let me tell you something, Einstein: the so-called Palestinians (who are mostly Jordanians by heritage) have no one but their "brothers" to blame for trying to push Israel into the sea - has a familiar ring to it, hey? Educate yourself: What Really Happened In The Middle East - Terrorism Awareness Project

Old 03-27-2010, 07:18 AM

[quote=bentlebee;13475032]
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post

Many Jews in the US are horrified at what Israel does; many do not even belong to a Temple to ensure they do not send money to Israel. Most American Jews did not even support the idea of a Jewish homeland until after WW2 and are dismayed at what it became.

QUOTE]

Tell me who...I haven't met one Jewish people who is stating things like you are saying....perhaps you are the first one to believe that.

Do you really believe Jewish people think Israel shouldn't be there, what is you agenda...are you buddies with the president of Iran?
This is the problem: those who do not take the line that Israel = being Jewish are defamed. You can see the arguments in Haaretz http://www.haaretz.co.il/ on a regular basis, in Conservative and Reform temples (the right wing in Israel doesn't even recognize them as being Jewish so why should they give?) and on bookshelves. You can see it in Israeli politics. Yes, all but one, BUT ONE, of my family in Latvia and Belorus died in the chambers or by the Einsatzgruppen (except for my grandfather's youngest brother; my cousin, his grandson lives now in St. Petersburg Russia). And yes, the American, British and Red Army freed those remaining in the camps. I am not saying Jews do not belong in Israel; I believe Israel must remain a Jewish state. I believe that Arab refugees that left Israel in '48 and before do not have the right of return.

I am saying that the current Israeli govt. is doing all it can to be sure the peace process or what remains of it fails and is handing over the West Bank to Hamas through their actions. And I am saying that we are hurting the peace process by complaining but doing nothing. In 50 years, Israel will be surrounded by a sea of radicals and an American population that will be increasingly Muslim with a vocal voice in Congress. The time for peace is now, but the current Israeli govt is hell bent on Israel's destruction to keep in power. Just because one has the power to do something, doesn't make it right. Just because one believes they have the right to do something, doesn't make it the prudent thing to do.

Last edited by newhandle; 03-27-2010 at 07:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies