Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Racial Category Are You Going To Check In The 2010 U.S Census Form ?
White 52 62.65%
Black, African American, Or Negro 12 14.46%
American Indian Or Alaska Native 4 4.82%
Asian Indian 3 3.61%
Chinese 1 1.20%
Filipino 0 0%
Japanese 0 0%
Korean 0 0%
Vietnamese 0 0%
Native Hawaiin 0 0%
Guamanian Or Chamorro 0 0%
Samoan 0 0%
Other Asian 0 0%
Other Pacific Islander 0 0%
Some Other Race 11 13.25%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 09:25 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,191,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Yes, I "look" like one. Black hair, brown skin, brown almond eyes, little to no body hair. I am typical height for my tribe (5'8"). I am a half blood. My mom is a full blood.

Do understand that not all Native Americans, yes even full bloods, look like the standard image most nons think of. We, like asians, can usually tell each other apart. Maybe not down to specific tribe, but often by region at least. Navajos and Comanches do not look alike. Eastern peoples and Califonia Indians do not look alike. Ojibways and Choctaws do not look alike. And we certainly do not all look like Lakotas which seems to be the image that most nons think all NDNs should "look like".

Again, the different nations determine who and who is not an enrolled member of the tribe.

Judging by your photo, you look like the stereotypical Native. I wouldn't guess so quickly that half of your family is European/white.

Most people thought George Lopez was mostly indigenous because of his phenotype, but a test showed that he is only 1/3rd Native and 55% European.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 11:27 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,953,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Judging by your photo, you look like the stereotypical Native. I wouldn't guess so quickly that half of your family is European/white.

Most people thought George Lopez was mostly indigenous because of his phenotype, but a test showed that he is only 1/3rd Native and 55% European.

Yeah, I just got lucky I guess! I'm really glad I took after my mom. My dad is a first generation American (Irish). The man burns when he even looks at a picture of the sun.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:29 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,740,370 times
How about penciling in "None of your f'n business"?

Old 04-01-2010, 11:38 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,532,373 times
They came Tuesday and I answered only what I felt was needed which was how many ppl will live in the house April 1st,2010. They said I'll being getting another visit. My race has nothing to do with head count. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Old 04-01-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
How about penciling in "None of your f'n business"?
You know what I get concerned about is that this is nothing but an attempt to redraw congressional districts along racial/ethnic lines.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
You know what I get concerned about is that this is nothing but an attempt to redraw congressional districts along racial/ethnic lines.
That is precisely why it is "none of their f'n business". Besides the whole "make work" project is a ridiculous waste of money. They have all the info they need already in other departments.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:55 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
?

Gerrymandering can be accomplished according to census information... be sure youre counted among all the others of your ilk in your district. Evidently only about 50% of the census forms have been returned so far... it'll cost about $1.5B to send census takers around to ASK you what you couldnt be bothered to fill in and mail. Why not save the Patriot Taxpayers some money and send your form in today?

Old 04-01-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
?

Gerrymandering can be accomplished according to census information... be sure youre counted among all the others of your ilk in your district. Evidently only about 50% of the census forms have been returned so far... it'll cost about $1.5B to send census takers around to ASK you what you couldnt be bothered to fill in and mail. Why not save the Patriot Taxpayers some money and send your form in today?
How is it that between all of the federal departments of this vast red machine that they don't already have the information as to who you are and where you live? It is just a "make work" giveaway to create government employees and nothing more.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
?

Who said I didn't send it in? My ilk? So because I'm a Libertarian, it's automatically assumed that I don't follow the law? As Mark Levin would say, "GET OUTTA HERE, dummy!"

Old 04-02-2010, 12:06 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
How is it that between all of the federal departments of this vast red machine that they don't already have the information as to who you are and where you live? It is just a "make work" giveaway to create government employees and nothing more.
Temporary, part-time government employees, for two months at a go, once every ten years?

Thoughtful of them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies