Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 07:56 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. We do not allow drug reps in our offce

2. I have not had a "lunch break" in 25 years

Lunch is for sissies.
Do you realize how much you diminish the overall value of your posts with a statement like that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 08:00 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You may want to let your father know, it is the Dems who have been preventing the CMS cuts from the beginning. They have succeeded in doing that numerous times, with the help of some GOP. However, now the GOP is blocking that, for a few days. It will not affect Doctor reimbursements, but they are nervous about the future of it, particularly if the GOP continues to obstruct everything. Getting some info on what is happening with that issue, could be helpful to you. I don't think feeding you father false information will be helpful to him.
What did I say, i said the democrats don't ever fix anything, and they are not fixing Medicare, they are reducing the reimbursements, and just signed a 3,000 page bill into law. Like i said, they don't fix anything, their answer is always to enact new government programs with new taxes, and these new programs just make things worse, and the answer to them, is more taxes and more government programs with more controls over us.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:04 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Hawkeye is right, though. At my job, breakfast and lunch may or may not ever happen.

I don't think you can talk blithely about a 21% pay cut on a population that is also probably going to be hit with a tax hike and two new taxes on top of that.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:07 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
When doctors are Government Employees we won't have this problem

I guess we'll know next week about Mayo
LOL

The day our doctors and nurses are a bunch of government union workers, like the post office, is a day I hope to never see.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:14 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Do you realize how much you diminish the overall value of your posts with a statement like that?

Hey- someone said I did not work hard enough. Lunch is for sissies. I think that if fewer people ate lunch and worked through lunch, there would be fewer weight problems and more productivity. I know of very few physicians that have a "lunch break". We consider it a sign of weakness. I am sorry, but that is the world that we live in. If it is too tough for you, don't go into medicine. I guess if you can't take going without lunch, then every third night call and weekends would be out of the question!

Old 03-28-2010, 08:16 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times
I have had many times working through one meal or another.
To imply that only sissies eat lunch is unneccessarily insulting.
Added....most people also know that one can grab one or two bites inbetween tasks even if they can't sit through an entire meal.....planning and time management combined with mutli-tasking.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:21 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
AMA - Congressional Inaction Means Seniors, Military Face Health

Great, all this is going to do is hurt seniors as doctors are going to stop accepting Medicare patients beginning April 1st. Funny, our polticians protect drug companies and allow them to charge astronomical rates for drugs. They protect lawyers and don't enact a federal policy limiting punitive damages. However, they try to hurt the very people who are providing health care and improving the lives of people.
here is an example of protecting the giant drug companies:
AllGov - News - FDA Orders Drug Companies to Stop Selling Unapproved Heart Tablets

Old 03-28-2010, 08:26 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Hey- someone said I did not work hard enough. Lunch is for sissies. I think that if fewer people ate lunch and worked through lunch, there would be fewer weight problems and more productivity. I know of very few physicians that have a "lunch break". We consider it a sign of weakness. I am sorry, but that is the world that we live in. If it is too tough for you, don't go into medicine. I guess if you can't take going without lunch, then every third night call and weekends would be out of the question!
Interesting that a person, supposedly a medical professional, would advocate that skipping meals is beneficial. The reality is that, regular consumption of nutritionally valuable small meals, actually more than three, provides the most health and productivity value. Very few, actual physicians, would dispute that.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:29 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
Of course the "quantity" of healthcare providers can be increased.

Just add more people with less training. That is pretty easy. Allow people to enter med school from high school with only a high school diploma or GED (no entrance requirements and no MCAT exam necessary). Make med school two years instead of four, and all residencies just one year (instead of up to 8 for neurosurgery). To celebrate, you will be the first patient treated in the new system!

There you have it. More providers! With only three years of post high school education, most would be thrilled to make $120K per year. Everyone will be happy and the "healthcare problem" is solved!

Next problem, please!
can i opt out?

Old 03-28-2010, 08:30 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,289,211 times
Quote:
Quite true- they don't get it.

We DO NOT HAVE TO ACCEPT MEDICARE AND CAN MAKE MORE MONEY BY NOT ACCEPTING MEDICARE. We do it as a service, recognizing that it is a money loser.

The seniors will wake up regarding what has happened to them when they can no longer get access. What will they do? Flood the ERs like the medicaid patients do. Great plan, Barry.
Agreed! Doctors have avoided becoming like Dentists but it's going that route. Most dentists in private practice work 4 days a week and are making a killing. The reason is everything they do is cash. If someone can't afford it, no problem, give me your credit card and I will charge your credit card $50 a month for 2 years. If you don't have a credit card, I work with these loan companies that will provide you with a short term loan with low interest and you can pay in installments. That's the nature of dentisty. Think about how much less headache we would have if we could just accept credit cards and cash like dentists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies