Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 07:11 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyHolliday! View Post
Who cares. Diversity is a great thing.

Living in Hawaii showed me that being a minority is a great thing. It opens your mind to new ideas and cultures and really humbles you as a person. Plus people appreciate you more cause you different. The worst places in the U.S are white bread towns/cities or places where its just one ethnicity. People are less accepting of others and new ideas that could benefit them as individuals.
Wow! Being a minority opens the mind to new ideas and cultures? And it makes you more apprciated? Really?

Anyways, whites will not be the minority even beyond 2050, whites will still make up the largest racial group. Whites are only considered a possible minority when blacks, latinos, and Asians are all lumped together into one group.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:18 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace0101 View Post
Whites becoming minority in our own country.

It was whites who created the bill of rights, the constitution, the rules and laws, and now we are going to become the minority. I suppose its racist of me to not be happy about this. Whites are becoming a minority in Europe, also.

Thus, I want to ask a question: What will be the future of the white race? how can we prevent a white minority in white nations?

My solution:

1. Stop interracial marriage. The first, most important step. A white and black creates a black.

2. stop non-white immigration

3. Urge whites to reproduce more,

this is not racist. All races want to take care of their own race, and the future of the race. Whites must do so too,

Births to Minorities Approach a Majority - New York Times

In the latest sign of the nation's shifting racial and ethnic composition, births to Asian, black and Hispanic women in the United States are on the verge of surpassing births to non-Hispanic whites.

Minorities accounted for 48 percent of all births in the nation in the 12 months that ended in July 2008. While it will most likely take years for health statisticians to confirm precisely when the 50 percent benchmark will have been reached, demographers said it could occur this year. Depending on variables like the recession, which has depressed birth rates, it will almost certainly happen within a year or two, they said.

''It looks like 'majority' births would drop below 50 percent around 2012,'' said Carl Haub, senior demographer for the Population Reference Bureau.

As recently as 1990, non-Hispanic whites accounted for almost two-thirds of births.

The Census Bureau estimates that minorities will constitute a majority of the nation's overall population in about three decades and a majority of Americans under age 18 in about one decade.

Oh Lawd, were you watching "three the hard way" last night with Jim Brown?

Old 03-28-2010, 08:29 PM

14 posts, read 14,198 times
I love the diversity of America. Learning from the different cultures is a wonderful thing.

But your post verifies that the hate and rage is not about the health care bill. It comes from a very dark place and from fear. I feel very sorry for you.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:41 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,636,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
What I mean is that they were here first and the white man pushed them off their land and on to reservations. So yes, in my opinion they have the most right to be here, followed by everyone else. It doesnt matter what color you are, you have equal right to be here.

Kennewick Man puts a wrench in the age old axiom that the Native Americans were here first.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:54 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,581 times
Oh the irony of trying to limit other peoples' rights to "restore our country" which is founded upon the idea of equal rights for all.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:05 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,654 times
The South was right.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:12 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,160 times
Quote:

Living in Hawaii showed me that being a minority is a great thing. It opens your mind to new ideas and cultures and really humbles you as a person. Plus people appreciate you more cause you different. The worst places in the U.S are white bread towns/cities or places where its just one ethnicity. People are less accepting of others and new ideas that could benefit them as individuals.

Wonder where this would go if it were native Americans or other minorities instead of whites ? I think all races are important .

Thats like saying blue birds need to mingle with cardinals or tigers need to be with leopards . Should we allow them to all be one happy ethenicity too ?

I do agree that what makes a man is not the color of his skin but his charactor[ MLK Street Sweeper Speech ] . Yet we should all be proud of our heritage and who our ancesters were .

I'm from a long line of freedom fighters but I do like my race the best because its who I am and I like familiarity . I also love others who are not white if they are good people and dislike some who are white .

Old 03-28-2010, 09:18 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Wow! Being a minority opens the mind to new ideas and cultures? And it makes you more apprciated? Really?

Anyways, whites will not be the minority even beyond 2050, whites will still make up the largest racial group. Whites are only considered a possible minority when blacks, latinos, and Asians are all lumped together into one group.
I wouldn't bet on it if I ere you ! The schools are turning our kids away from us, it is now PC to hate your parents, heritage and race especially if your white ! They consider you a slave owning war mongering homophobic right wingnut rino . This is what complacentcy does and the women listening to the man hating fems yr.s ago . The hand that rocks the cradle really does rule the world . The cradle was left at the nursery and guess who now rules ?

Old 03-28-2010, 09:21 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:

I'll keep that in mind the next time I venture into innner city Detroit.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:25 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
First off OP, quit kidding yourself. You are a racist. A person who isnt a racist would never suggest an end to interracial marrige. I am mixed race my self (75% Arab/25% white). My wife is from Thailand. At least if were in your neighborhood, our kids (when we have them) wont have to buy Halloween coustumes.

Second off, who the hell really cares? I dont care about being a minority, majority or whatever. People are people. There are good, bad, nice, and mean people in every race and country. It doesnt matter what race or nationality, people are people.

Third, diversity is a wonderful thing. Im very happy that where I live, there are lots of black/hispanic/white/asian in a short distance of each other. You should try embracing it instead of fighting.

Fourth, lets assume that all of the sudden there are no race, that we are all the same color. Then what? You can still do all of the things that you were doing before. How would life truly be any different?

I also echo that we were the invaders in this country. Unless you are a native American, minorities have just as much of a right to be here as you.
FYI: Arabs are White so you are '100%' Caucasian/White.

I have no issue with 'diversity' provided that said legal immigrants of any race/ethnicity (illegal aliens do not count since they are criminals and need to be deported) assimilate to the dominant WASP culture. In the interest of full disclosure; I am of part ethnic White lineage (1/2 Hungarian) but I self identify as an Anglo.

As for 'native' Americans; they originated in E Africa like the rest of us so all Americans are of immigrant stock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies