Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 09:47 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
IMO the rage is from the economic squeeze the middle class is feeling. It seems that Obama is acting more like a social worker at times than President. For example, rewarding those who screwed up by lowering the principle owed on the mortgages people who are delinquent justifying it because the value of the house went down. Well, EVERYONE's house value went down during this bubble, so why are only certain people blessed with getting their principle lowered? Same thing with the credit card bill. Those with balances and paying late were rewarded with elimination of certain fees and penalties but those who did the right thing by only putting on your card what you could afford to pay and now paying new fees to bail out the others out.

Healthcare is also raising ire in a similar way. Scrimp and save to pay for your family's insurance and you are a fool according to this adminstration. We'll subsidize you, but wait a minute, you are middle class and earn too much. So sorry. Don't work so hard and maybe we'll give you a handout next year.

That's where my anger and my friends' anger comes from: feeling squeezed and feeling like you are in survival mode.
Why didn't we feel this way during the Bush administration? Because during most of his term unemployment was lower than it is now, house values were (artificially but we didn't know it then) rising and the country seemed prosperous.

The sad part of ALL of this is that you and your friends are only concerned about "your own kind". Its only when "your own kind" is feeling the pinch that you have a desire throw blame.

The attitude is "Who gives a damn what people who have less than us are dealing with", right?

Well, the way that you felt about those who had less/earned less/ had a lesser standard of living than you and your friends is the exact same way that the wealthy look at you - you should work harder to have more like we do.

The truth is that you and your friends should be looking back at the fact that you were being dooped into a faux financial high 2000-2008.

You and your kind were lolled into thinking that your McMansion that was purchased with a stated-income loan on which your pulled out cash like your house was an ATM machine and a cash cow sent from heaven. Then, you and your kind went out and bought a gas guzzling Suburban and a Hummer and jetskis got the wife boob implants. The wife got her hair and nails done every week and bought a new outfit from Chico's or Cache everyweek but it was ok because you had tons of credit cards with high limits. You and your kind were being over paid for your job but its ok because you and your kind are union. But it was all ok because you were living the American dream and you deserved it all.

But then the Bush financial fairy tale died and he had no solid abilities to help the nation beyond a $1200 check and adding to the national debt. But it is easier to blame the current President and dismiss his efforts up in the misdirected rage.

The Bush administration (and the Republican party in general) was not a friend to the middle class....so why the lack of acknowledement of that fact? Actually, it was the lacked financial regulations that were partially to blame for the financial meltdown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 09:54 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I'm sure that your one Black and three Asian family members would be so very proud to know that you used them to "attempt" to make a point about the Tea Party movement and their rage is not about racism.

Today's rage directed at Obama has much more to do with his racial background and the implication of him being a non-Christian than it has to do with hos policies.

Any and everyone knows that the level of rage and the violent outbursts which have preceded the passage of the healthcare bill are completely disproportionate considering that it would not negatively affect many of those who are being so very vocal and violent about it.

The rage against President Obama (in the collective) was there starting on Nov 5, 2008. It doesn't matter what his policies are because the hatred that is expressed runs very deep.

The Botton Line: had John McCain won and made the exact same decisions and pushed the same policies the Tea Party would not even have a purpose to exist.

Questions for the Tea Party folk: If the purpose of this group is "taxed enough already" why didn't your group protest the Bush stimulus package which added to the national debt with very minimal benefit - I mean seriously how far did that $1200 or $600 really go to stave off the recession? Wasn't that really just like a band-aid on a broken leg? Does your group believe that it is realistic that John McCain/Sarah Palin would have turned our economy around faster and if so how? Isn't the Tea Party really just a pep rally for those who never wanted to see a person "like" Obama in the White House (no matter the politics)?
You sound like a typical liberal mental defective.

The same people that begged Colin Powell to run for president in 1996 and 2000 now dislike Obama because Obama is black.

And if you remember there was a pretty big outrage over Clinton's health care plan. Clinton is white. And republicans were saying national healthcare would be the downfall of the country for 40 years. There's a video of Ronald Reagan on YouTube in the 1960s talking about this. Was the president black in the 1960s?

This leads me to believe that you have zero critical thinking skills so you cry racism. Yawn.

Question for liberal mental defects: Why were you so outraged about Iraq when Bush was president but not Obama? I think you don't care if Americans get killed overseas as long as it's a democrat in charge. Democrats never gave rat's ass about the troops getting killed. And they still don't. They just had these astro-turf groups protest for political reasons. Disgusting.

Class Dismissed.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:

What's worse is that these Republican losers are now inciting violence from these Tea Party thugs - America will be under martial law if these Tea Party thugs continue their rioting and terrorizing. Its like the Tea Party is rising to be the "New KKK". Its disgusting.
LOLS. What the f*ck are you talking about? What rioting? What terrorizing?

Are you talking about the liberal degenerates that tore up Los Angeles after the Rodney King trial?

How 'bout the lefties that rioted and terrorized Seattle during the WTO talks?

What about the now Obama supporters that rioted in Cincinnati because a police man shot someone?

The same dumb ass liberals that always call for more government then get bent out of shape when a cop kills someone? It just goes to show what retards the democrats are. We want more government. And then we riot and tear up our own city when that government abuses it's power. What the f8ch do you expect the government to do with all the power you give them? LOLs. Governments kill people. Pick up a history book. LOLs. What a bunch of mental retards.

I keep hearing the tea party are all old white people with canes and what not. Then you turn around and say they are a danger to society and terrorists. LOLS. Which one is it? You can't you all have it both ways?

Or you all are scared of the physical wrath of a bunch of 90 year olds. LOLS.

Liberalism is a mental disorder. For sure.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:10 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Colin Powell's wife did not him to run for President because she feared that he would receive the type of treatment that President Obama is currently receiving from those "tolerant" and "intelligent" Republicans.

I'm sure that GWB was your idea of a "great" President....and that just about says it all!

Also, just for your information, I am quite sure that the "minority" relatives would not appreciate being trotted out to play the diversity card in your twisted arguments against President Obama.

Again-

Obama attracts derision because he institutes fascist policy. It has nothing to do with the color of his skin.

Do you think that a white man who-

1. nationalizes the auto industry
2. nationalizes the finance industry
3. nationalizes healthcare
4. doubles the national debt
5. defies the constitution to pass his agenda
6. encourages spying on fellow citizens

would be welcome? Wake up! You have begun to believe your own propaganda. Do you think that Steele, the head of the Republican Party, is derided because he is black? Was Condolesa Rice treated differently becuase she was black? How about Clarence Thomas? The left seems to enjoy using racist remarks to discredit him. Perhaps it is because he is black and the Democratic party has traditionally been the party of racism.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:21 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
The sad part of ALL of this is that you and your friends are only concerned about "your own kind". Its only when "your own kind" is feeling the pinch that you have a desire throw blame.

The attitude is "Who gives a damn what people who have less than us are dealing with", right?

Well, the way that you felt about those who had less/earned less/ had a lesser standard of living than you and your friends is the exact same way that the wealthy look at you - you should work harder to have more like we do.

The truth is that you and your friends should be looking back at the fact that you were being dooped into a faux financial high 2000-2008.

You and your kind were lolled into thinking that your McMansion that was purchased with a stated-income loan on which your pulled out cash like your house was an ATM machine and a cash cow sent from heaven. Then, you and your kind went out and bought a gas guzzling Suburban and a Hummer and jetskis got the wife boob implants. The wife got her hair and nails done every week and bought a new outfit from Chico's or Cache everyweek but it was ok because you had tons of credit cards with high limits. You and your kind were being over paid for your job but its ok because you and your kind are union. But it was all ok because you were living the American dream and you deserved it all.

But then the Bush financial fairy tale died and he had no solid abilities to help the nation beyond a $1200 check and adding to the national debt. But it is easier to blame the current President and dismiss his efforts up in the misdirected rage.

The Bush administration (and the Republican party in general) was not a friend to the middle class....so why the lack of acknowledement of that fact? Actually, it was the lacked financial regulations that were partially to blame for the financial meltdown.

Alot of hate and jealousy there. I guess you know no one who is wealthy. We buy things, and do not buy with loans or credit. Also, we are not ostentacious- that is for climbers.

1. my house has been paid off for 20 years- no mortgage
2.No hummer- I drive a Caddy. We have a Traverse, Mustang, and an Edge as well as a classic car collection that we don't drive much
3. The wife does not have implants- a very down to earth, good looking, devout, frugal person
4. The wife, again, is frugal. We pay off our credit cards at the end of every month and have no debt. No nails and no new clothes. She is a very good looking, but down to earth as they come.
5. My "kind" is not a Union. I work for what I earn. I am given nothing by anyone, nor do I want anything from anyone. I thought the left did not agree with stereotypes or labeling? I guess hypocrisy is okay on the left- it always has been.

Try a different line than blaming Bush for Obama's failures. Blame Satan, The Rolling Stones, fudge pudding, or grasshopper infestations. That would be as relevent and would be a breath of fresh air.

Guess what? Obama is president and should take responsibility for the nation. Sadly, he does not, as he is not a leader. He is divicive and seeks blame, not solutions.

Let's see how the rest of the nation approves of him in 2012, or perhaps the Dems will wake up and run Hillary instead.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:35 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
What about us folk that could care less about all these items?

1. nationalizes the auto industry –
It was already an oligopoly so the government should own it.

2. nationalizes the finance industry –
They had to be nationalized or the hyper rich owners would have been wiped out - Even GWB noticed this because he IS on of the hyper rich owners.

3. nationalizes healthcare - Not true at all. The bill just required that health insurance be available at an affordable price for all. If I had my way the entire system would be taken over by the government (actually nationalized) without any compensation to the thieves that currently own it.

4. doubles the national debt –
So long as we can pay the interest so what? I would like to see the government taxing this money instead of borrowing it from the hyper rich.

Obama passed the Patriot Act? The neo cons have worked toward destroying individual rights for everyone that can't aford to protect their rights with expensive lawyers for years.

Your friendly private sector credit company does practically unlimited spying and sells the information to whoever wants it. At least the IRS keeps the info secret.

IMHO – most of the Right Wing in this country are frightened of having their privilege reduced and their exclusivity challenged while their wealth might be fairly taxed. They have good reason for this fear because if my policies were implemented we would get a lot closed to “Liberty and Justice for all” instead of just for the exclusive few.

Last edited by GregW; 03-29-2010 at 06:38 AM.. Reason: corrections

Old 03-29-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
What about us folk that could care less about all these items?

1. nationalizes the auto industry –
It was already an oligopoly so the government should own it.

2. nationalizes the finance industry –
They had to be nationalized or the hyper rich owners would have been wiped out - Even GWB noticed this because he IS on of the hyper rich owners.

3. nationalizes healthcare - Not true at all. The bill just required that health insurance be available at an affordable price for all. If I had my way the entire system would be taken over by the government (actually nationalized) without any compensation to the thieves that currently own it.

4. doubles the national debt –
So long as we can pay the interest so what? I would like to see the government taxing this money instead of borrowing it from the hyper rich.

Obama passed the Patriot Act? The neo cons have worked toward destroying individual rights for everyone that can't aford to protect their rights with expensive lawyers for years.

Your friendly private sector credit company does practically unlimited spying and sells the information to whoever wants it. At least the IRS keeps the info secret.

IMHO – most of the Right Wing in this country are frightened of having their privilege reduced and their exclusivity challenged while their wealth might be fairly taxed. They have good reason for this fear because if my policies were implemented we would get a lot closed to “Liberty and Justice for all” instead of just for the exclusive few.
You know I used to live in Cuba. If we implemented your ideas we would get a lot of poverty, death and destruction. Of course, the rich would still be doing well.

You f*cking crazy if you think your ideas would work. Where have they ever worked? They haven't. You liberals are mentally defective and your ideas kill people.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:

What Bush financial fairy tale? And what financial regulations did Bush ease up on from the Clinton years?

The mentally challenged liberals keep blaming Bushes financial policies for the economic downturn. Yet, when asked they never can give a specific.

What did Bush do or not do specifically? And what is Obama doing differently? Liberals can never answer that question because they a mentally deficient.

And trust me, I'm no defender of Bush. I didn't care for the guy as president. But, I have never heard one valid reason for why he had anything to do with the economic meltdown.

But, who would expect a bunch of retards on the left to be able to crticially think.

And, you're right. The republicans are no friend of the middle class. But you're f*cking high as a kite if you think the democrats are any better. All of the policies coming from the left tax the middle class and give to the rich. Even the rich on Wall Street. You gotts be pretty darn naive if you think the dems care about the middle class. Or the poor. Or the blacks.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:11 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
A great look at the racism which motivates the GOP and the tea baggers.

Op-Ed Columnist - The Rage Is Not About Health Care - NYTimes.com

The race card, eh?

Really!

Has nothing to do with a bogus bill forced upon us, in the name of power & control over the people.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:13 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
.........or it could be that the bill doesn't actually fix the problems with the health care system.
nor does sitting idle like previous administrations have done. At least he has taken an action that is geared towards a positive thing for the people. and yet all they do is complain. If someone stood on the corner and handed out $100 bills there would be someone to complain. ... and don't compare this to some kind of give away program... it isnt for free so skip the lecture. So much energy wasted , invest it in a job or hobby it would make more impact. go plant a flower at least that would be a pretty contribution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies