U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-30-2010, 10:42 PM
 
Location: San Gabriel Valley, CA
11,862 posts, read 12,360,390 times
Reputation: 7933
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I don't think there are any cities in the San Gabriel valley that vote Republican except up around San Dimas\ Glendora. Too many latinos\ asians for Republicans to get any power. There are most definitely Republicans up in Palmdale & of-course, Orange county. So what else is new?
Well...I am in Glendora. So there ya go. The town where Dem signs in front yards are pulled up in the middle of the night and are never seen again (yep, seriously...LOL...this has never changed my vote, personally). Again...it's not like this bothers me so terribly much because political leanings aside, people are basically people...but I thought I would ask since my area is SO Republican...at least from what I see!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-30-2010, 10:59 PM
 
Location: Long Beach
2,351 posts, read 1,427,697 times
Reputation: 873
I hope and pray the Republicans keep on diggin, China can't be too far away.

With the Tea Party--who do have some legit concerns, but they can't get their act together, compounded with the frindge, Christian Right, many many mainstream Americans are just as upset with them.

The Democrats have 6 months to get their act together, three words, jobs, jobs, jobs. Any improvement in the economy over the summer/fall, the Tea Party's purpose falls apart, and the Republicans have nothing to run on or even against.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2010, 11:26 PM
 
Location: OB
2,404 posts, read 2,408,573 times
Reputation: 869
Quote:
Is anyone still proud to be a Republican
You are a statist or socialist. November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2010, 11:30 PM
 
Location: Long Beach
2,351 posts, read 1,427,697 times
Reputation: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
You are a statist or socialist. November.
What's a statist? please define.

Also...do you even know what socialism is?

It sounds as if you are making tis all into an ultimatum...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2010, 11:34 PM
 
Location: OB
2,404 posts, read 2,408,573 times
Reputation: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
What's a statist? please define.

Also...do you even know what socialism is?

It sounds as if you are making tis all into an ultimatum...
The term statism is sometimes used to refer to state capitalism or highly-regulated market economies with large amounts of government intervention. It is also used to refer to state socialism or co-operative economic systems that use the state, through nationalization, as a means of running industry.

- wiki -

This November is the referendum. 2012 seals the deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-30-2010, 11:42 PM
 
Location: Long Beach
2,351 posts, read 1,427,697 times
Reputation: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
The term statism is sometimes used to refer to state capitalism or highly-regulated market economies with large amounts of government intervention. It is also used to refer to state socialism or co-operative economic systems that use the state, through nationalization, as a means of running industry.

- wiki -

This November is the referendum. 2012 seals the deal.
So the ultimatum is between two things that are exactly the same...?

Thanks for the DM...just reported it to a Mod.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2010, 01:07 AM
 
806 posts, read 410,714 times
Reputation: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
Most of my conservative friends and family are no longer proud to be Republicans. They will continue to vote for Republicans, but they don't like to admit it.

Are any of you still proud to be a Republican?
I get down on my knees and thank God every day that I am NOT a stinking Democrat.
I have been praying for a long time that we would elect Republicans that hold true to the Constitution and Conservative principles.
Republicans that would give as good as they get from these stinking, lying, traitorous democRats!

Who would have thought that electing this Marxist man-child would electrify the electorate and get the pendulum moving back to sanity.

There is Hope with results like New Jersey, Virginia, Massachusetts and (yes) New York's 23rd where Hoffman gave it his all while ScuzzyFavo was twisting a knife in his back!

November can't get here soon enough!

Not only will Republicans be elected to a majority in the Congress but Conservative Republicans! Hallelujah!
With any luck and a continued assault on our Heritage by MarxistObama we could even possibly get a majority in the Senate!

...

Marxism, Socialism, Progressivism, Communism should be OUTLAWED in this Country! These are Cancers that have to be removed from our schools, churches, politics and LameStream media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2010, 01:38 AM
 
Location: Long Beach
2,351 posts, read 1,427,697 times
Reputation: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post
I get down on my knees and thank God every day that I am NOT a stinking Democrat.
I have been praying for a long time that we would elect Republicans that hold true to the Constitution and Conservative principles.
Republicans that would give as good as they get from these stinking, lying, traitorous democRats!

Who would have thought that electing this Marxist man-child would electrify the electorate and get the pendulum moving back to sanity.

There is Hope with results like New Jersey, Virginia, Massachusetts and (yes) New York's 23rd where Hoffman gave it his all while ScuzzyFavo was twisting a knife in his back!

November can't get here soon enough!

Not only will Republicans be elected to a majority in the Congress but Conservative Republicans! Hallelujah!
With any luck and a continued assault on our Heritage by MarxistObama we could even possibly get a majority in the Senate!

...

Marxism, Socialism, Progressivism, Communism should be OUTLAWED in this Country! These are Cancers that have to be removed from our schools, churches, politics and LameStream media.
Oh that's too funny, because Jesus and I were talking just yesterday, and he's said me that he's afraid that American's are spiralling towards ignorance and and hatred. He then offered me a joint...I passed, I don't smoke.

Do you know that the Constitution was based on some pretty liberal and progressive ideas? In fact most of the ideas in come from people like John Locke and Montesquieu (I know he's French--Vive la France) Both are known as the Fathers of Liberalism...

So before spew your absolute hatred...you should at least be aware of the things you pretend to love so much.

Btw, the people of Massachusetts are already fed up with downtown Scotty Brown. And he's the best you guys got.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2010, 07:26 AM
 
418 posts, read 266,922 times
Reputation: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
And this clown hypocrite almost won the GOP presidential nomination. I stand by what I wrote, there isn't a difference between the two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-31-2010, 08:24 AM
 
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
14,097 posts, read 13,969,635 times
Reputation: 7675
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Can I ask you a question, sailordave? Do you want to see social security & medicare end? That's what teabaggers are saying. Any Republican politician who agrees with that will not be elected even in the reddest states.
I'm not a Republican nor am I a teabagger or a member of the tea party. By using insulting terms for a particular group, you're only doing a disservice to yourself. I don't using insulting terms for liberals or Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:10 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top