U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 03:24 PM

10,587 posts, read 4,036,025 times

Advertisements

On March 30, 1981, President Ronald Reagan and three others were shot and wounded by John W. Hinckley.

Hinckley said he did it because he was obsessed by actress Jodie Foster and was trying to impress her somehow.

Excuses for destroying conservatives have only gone downhill from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 03:28 PM

1,842 posts, read 934,100 times
Reagan destroyed the US economy. Well we had a problem that we needed to take care of and he put it off for later instead of taking care of it then. Now it is later. We are not able to put it off for very much longer. If we had paid the price then it would've been comparably cheap. Now it is going to be unthinkably expensive.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:32 PM
JPD

7,959 posts, read 8,235,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post

Excuses for destroying conservatives have only gone downhill from there.
You're exactly right. The modern GOP does indeed have some crazy excuses for what they've done to conservatism.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming View Post
Reagan destroyed the US economy.
(sigh) Here come the inevitable lies about Reagan. Hand in hand with the careful ignorance of the Congress that reneged on their promises, exploded Federal spending, and threatened to scuttle Reagan's military restoration if he didn't sign.

These sullen leftists really need some new material to replace their long-debunked tripe.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:36 PM

29,587 posts, read 18,828,954 times
Quote:
(sigh) Here come the inevitable lies about Reagan. Hand in hand with the careful ignorance of the Congress that reneged on their promises, exploded Federal spending, and threatened to scuttle Reagan's military restoration if he didn't sign.

These sullen leftists really need some new material to replace their long-debunked tripe.

Ah, the typical Republican spin, it's someone else's fault

Old 03-30-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Ah, the typical Republican spin, it's someone else's fault
Translation: I can't refute what you said, but I hate it anyway, so I'll try to throw out some vague accusations without really saying anything, in hopes that somebody somewhere will think you did something wrong.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:40 PM

22,810 posts, read 10,486,909 times
Quote:
Reagan destroyed the US economy. Well we had a problem that we needed to take care of and he put it off for later instead of taking care of it then. Now it is later. We are not able to put it off for very much longer. If we had paid the price then it would've been comparably cheap. Now it is going to be unthinkably expensive.
Wow..this post is the Mother Of All Generalizations.

Got any specifics for us there, Ace?

Old 03-30-2010, 03:46 PM

1,842 posts, read 934,100 times
Quote:

I am not telling untruths about Reagan http://www.thecomingdepression.net/wp-content/uploads/cache/1500_NpAdvSinglePhoto.jpg (broken link) His policies started us on ther path too 350% of GDP as total debt in America. The defaults that are happening now are a direct result of the changes that he started. I loved and supported him when he was in office. He could've taken us on a different path one that isn't going to cost the country as dearly as the one he chose. That is all.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:47 PM

50,072 posts, read 42,457,212 times
Quote:
First of all, I for one totally disagree with you and secondly, what does this have to do with Reagan getting shot? I will remember that day, like many of us will. It was a horrible day, as was the day Kennedy got assassinated and not that long after, Bobby did. Whether they were right or wrong isn't the question at this time and I can't believe you took this opportunity to let us know how bad RR was.

Nita

Old 03-30-2010, 03:48 PM

29,587 posts, read 18,828,954 times
Quote:
Translation: I can't refute what you said, but I hate it anyway, so I'll try to throw out some vague accusations without really saying anything, in hopes that somebody somewhere will think you did something wrong.

Oh, please! You mean the vague accusations like, and I quote you: Here come the inevitable lies about Reagan ? Could you be any more vague?

Of course the usual next step at the altar of Ronnie is to claim selling weapons to an enemy IS NOT treason, what a load of crap that is.

Last edited by burdell; 03-30-2010 at 04:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies