Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who has a harder time being accepted by society???
BLACKS 17 16.67%
GAYS 40 39.22%
IMMIGRANTS 10 9.80%
NONE OF THEM 12 11.76%
ALL OF THEM 15 14.71%
OTHER.....Please state who! 8 7.84%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 02:17 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowtotheworld View Post
We do now.
Yeah... I'm sure you do.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 02:22 PM

122 posts, read 188,151 times
Gay people can simply pretend to be straight to avoid harrassment or discrimination. Blacks get discriminated against even if they are wealthy and dress "respectably". Black people in the US absolutely face the worst treatment from law enforcement and the criminal justice system. Look at this crap "stop and frisk" law from supposedly liberal NYC. The entire "war on drugs" was set up to imprison poor blacks. Black communities get intentionally divided in redistricting schemes across the country to dilute their political power and get denied voting rights more often. There is still widespread discrimination in the housing market against black people and neighborhoods still use a variety of tactics to keep black people out.

Gay people might face more personal prejudice in certain parts of the country, but institutionally, black people in the US are definitely the biggest targets. Besides, a lot of out gay men are rich and white, so other than the marriage thing, they are way better off.

Old 10-27-2014, 02:25 PM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowtotheworld View Post
Your post is a perfect example of how white heterosexual males are not accepted. Instead of treating as us individuals, you place us in a monolithic block and cast negative aspersions upon us based upon the actions of long dead men who we have never met.

The fact is that white heterosexual males are systematically being eradicated.

If it was any other demographic, it would be called genocide.
Like this guy?
Attached Thumbnails
Who has a harder time being accepted.....Blacks, Gays or Immigrants?-chief-baker.bmp  

Old 10-27-2014, 08:02 PM

542 posts, read 692,085 times
Gays. Or atheists (I think they came last in a poll on who people who vote for president).

Old 10-27-2014, 08:59 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
I think ugly and fat people are the least accepted.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:44 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
I do not have a problem with any of those groups. the problems I have with are criminal illegal aliens.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:59 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
No, actually it isn't. My post was pointing out that straight white males AS A WHOLE have never had to worry about their group not being accepted (which is what this thread is about, right?), and they've haven't had to suffer or fight for rights and privileges the same way as other groups have. For the longest time, straight white males:

- Had the right to vote longer than anyone else
- Had more power and control in government longer than anyone else
- Had more wealth and prosperity longer than anyone else
- Had more freedom here longer than anyone else
- Never had to worry about their marriage or ideas of marriage questioned and denied by law
- Were (and STILL are) the primary decision makers in this country.

So please, spare me your pathetic Sean Hannity rhetoric.
It's ironic that directly after your whining you call someone else's point of view pathetic rhetoric. Pot, meet kettle.

Old 10-28-2014, 09:08 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
Actually, that's not true.

12 states still ban sodomy a decade after court ruling

It's not really enforced, but it's still there and nobody is doing anything about it.

Gays have the hardest time for sure... I don't think the majority of people feel entirely comfortable voicing sanctimonious disgust over blacks or immigrants.
Do you even know what sodomy is?

If so, why do you feel that it's a law against being gay?

Old 10-28-2014, 10:48 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It's ironic that directly after your whining you call someone else's point of view pathetic rhetoric. Pot, meet kettle.
Someone doesn't know the difference between "whining" and "stating facts"...

Old 10-28-2014, 10:57 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
blacks... you can even read on this board some of the comments people write and they dont even realize that what they said was some offensive ish

i am smart enough to understand that people form opinions based on THEIR life experience... if the one time you interacted with a black person and it was a bad experience then you tend to feel some type of way...

"immigrants" does not equal "illegal aliens" (some try to use the terms interchangeably on the slick)

noone cares that gays are gay other than gays... too many gays want to flaunt that they are gay to everyone like its some great accomplishment...noone cares, congrats now keep it moving

if being accepted is about the federal govt cosigning the word marriage, then you dont really have a plight...the fed gov doesnt stop you from loving or sleeping with the same sex as far as i know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies