Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 09:04 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,382,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Hand cuffs??? Like that's okay????? Try slapping cuffs on me and get a beat down. That lady should happy Rove was a gentleman.
She was going to handcuff Rove to herself. The Pink Code women just want time to talk to a person. In Berkeley they just would talk to anyone interested in recruiting to the armed services. Everyone has the right to free speech. Rove had the freedom to promote his book & the citizens had the right to speak back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 09:07 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Hand cuffs??? Like that's okay????? Try slapping cuffs on me and get a beat down. That lady should happy Rove was a gentleman.

He wasn't being a gentleman - that's not in his nature - he was being a coward, which IS his nature.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:34 AM

418 posts, read 487,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Well that's a nice thing to say in this day and age when public officials are getting shot at and their offices vandalized. Is this something you have planned for Karl Rove? Is that how he reacts in your fantasy? Is that how you react when a pistol is shoved in your face? You might want to edit your post.
The second amendment was made preciously to use on government officials. What happened to Americans? They've turned into such cowards, there were folks who would dual on account of verbal disagreements.

Benjamin Franklin is spinning in his grave like a pin wheel.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:01 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,824,546 times
Default Chicken

Now why did he not MAN UP? He'll probably go into hiding now.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:32 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
She was going to handcuff Rove to herself. The Pink Code women just want time to talk to a person. In Berkeley they just would talk to anyone interested in recruiting to the armed services. Everyone has the right to free speech. Rove had the freedom to promote his book & the citizens had the right to speak back.
She lost that right when she went to laying on of hands to cuff him. She interferred with the other people's rights who paid to attend the event.

Code Pink = liberal lunatics

Old 03-31-2010, 01:59 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
And the terrible people you encountered there were mostly "leftists"? What is it they did, in those basic areas you mentioned, that was horrid and rude and all that, which makes you able to speak for the entire state on how leftist and rude and awful we all are and how much we hate it when people come to visit? Were they out on the streets doing horrible, rude, awful things? How did you know it was leftists doing it--did you stop them to ask?

Having lived in only those areas, how does that give you the authority to speak for what the entire state is like and how we're so "narrow-minded"? (Although I admit it brought a chuckle to read that, as it's really the first time I've ever heard this state being accused of being "narrow-minded".)

One last quick question: is the the context of your original assertion about Californians that Karl Rove only received a bad reception because it was California specifically, and that really, he's a pretty nice guy and ANYBODY but narrow-minded Californians would have just loved him? He's a good guy and Californians are just murderous, rage-filled whackjobs, but in other states, Rove would have been welcomed with a red carpet, a key to the city and an offer to marry any number of families' eldest daughters?

Please put your comments against CA in some sort of context that fits the point of the post so we may understand what point you were trying to make.

I didn't say they were leftists, horrid, rude or awful. I said they were intolerant of dissent (narrow-minded).

"Having lived in only those areas, how does that give you the authority to speak for what the entire state is like and how we're so 'narrow-minded'?"

My authority to express an opinion on any subject is granted by God and guaranteed by the Constitution. It obviously differs from yours and, based on your rant, you are unwilling to accept that my opinion differs. You posted nothing that disproves my conclusion. You simply challenged my right to express an opinion that differs from yours. This is, of course, typical of Californians.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:19 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,908,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
LOL. We do. We really do. So watch out or imma throw my smelly Birkenstocks and a copy of The Village Voice at every one of you. (Says JerZ...who lives smack in the middle of Republicanville in sunny Southern California.)

Luckily, there are 49 states that LOVE Karl Rove; he can at least feel 100% safe in any one of those.
Karl Rove will feel great love within the confines of his own home, and with the teabaggers; otherwise, he'll probably look in vain for much support elsewhere..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies