Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 03:48 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That is because the black democrat voters are given a fish, and never taught how to fish. They have come to rely on that fish. Fishing is too hard.

If there was a strong, very conservative black Republican, that was likable, and not called an uncle tom buy their own black community. Making them in fear to run for the seat as a Republican.

The black communities have been brain washed with the free fish.
Instead of getting off their asses, and go fishing.

way to generalize an entire race with one Ignorant post. Congratulations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 03:54 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
As much as the race baiters would like to make it all about racial bigotry, the TEA party movement is about voicing opposition to an out of control government that is spending our nation into oblivion. It started under Bush, and has been quadrupled under 0bama.

The answer to our problems is not always a new tax to fund a new federal government program. We need proper regulation of the free market, and sensible taxes, the answer to problem in the free market is not for the federal government to step in and take it over.

The quadrupled part about spending is intentionally misleading. We now are trying to get out of a major catastrophic mess left by Bush. Bank bailouts were started by Bush and the ensuing debts created have not been counted into his failed terms of office. Remember?

It is during past Republican menstruations that Wrongie Raygun, King Georgie Bu**** I and The Village Idiot GW Bush ran up about 10-11 trillion of the 12+ Trillion national deficit we now have.

Do you actually believe that a free market via Business is going to take care of you? Trickle down and all may work if you do not mind having someone urinating on you. (Bondage Strip Clubs?)

Just trust them tho... Tort Reform, Tax Cuts for the Wealthy. Cut out Social Security, End Housing Programs, No Health Care Reforms, De-Regulate Banks and Wall Street, Blah, Blah.

Where was the Tea Party a few years back when Republicans bankrupted the Country?...They must have been having those chips put into their heads.

Old 03-31-2010, 03:55 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,221,168 times
sigh...same ole stale arguments...I guess if you repeat them enuff somebody will believe them...sort of like pluto being a planet or christopher columbus discovering america...

-why is it when AA support democrats they are being used but when white voters support conservatives it's not an issue and what's up with the lame connotation that AA need the democrats to "fish" for them??? The reason AA's don't support conservatives probably because they refuse to address the issues facing the community...you want the vote do something like actually solve or address a issue....

Old 03-31-2010, 03:55 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
1. Considering this is the first time a person of color was elected as President, I think you are mistaken.
2. Other than Michael Steele?

How many people do you think vored for hussein obama because he was black and now regret it. He was not the right person for the job. Many ignored his nafarious background and associations. Do you think people should vote because of color or that they are the right person for the job?
This country will suffer greatly for generations because many voted solely based on color.

Other than Michael Steele? Really? There are many blacks in very prestigious positions in politics and business. I wouldn’t write them off like they do not exist. As for Steele, I was very much a supporter, but no longer and it has nothing to do with his skin color.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Yeah, really. I'm still trying to find a black Republican in Congress..

Fact that there isn't any, tells me all I need to know..
Fact that you are looking at an individuals race to begin with tells me all I need to know, in addition to the fact that you keep ignoring
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Republicans have nominated numerous blacks to public office. Its when one gets to the primary the blacks lose because DEMOCRATS wont vote for them with an "R" next to their name.

all of this ignores the fact that there not only have been numerous black Republicans in Congress, but Republicans also hold the first blacks elected, and served in BOTH branches of Congress.

Edward Brooke, first black elected to the US Senate.
Blanche Bruce, first black to serve a full term in the US Senate.
Henry Cheatham US Rep
Oscar Stanton depriest US Rep
Robert Brown Elliott US Rep
Melvin H Evans US Rep
Gary Franks US Rep
Jeremiah Haralson US Rep
John Adams Hyman US Rep
Alan Keyes, nominee for US Senate, Democrats didnt vote for him
John Mercer Langston US Rep
Jefferson Franklin Long, US Rep
John Roy Lynch, US Rep
Thomas Ezekiel Miller, US Rep
George Washington Murray, US Rep
Charles Edmund Nash, US Rep
John H Rainey, US Rep, first black to serve in US House of Rep
Jack E Robinson III, US Senate
JC Watts US Rep

ALL OF THESE, were BLACK REPUBLICANS in Congress.. Do you care to provide a list of Democratic ones, and while you are there, seperate them into "firsts"..

Old 03-31-2010, 04:02 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,493,000 times
And if that were really true, BentBow wouldn't be concerned about black Democrats voting for a Republican candidate, who happens to also be black. If the members of your party wanted to vote black candidates in, there are plenty of predom. Republican districts were they could do so. They have not and it has nothing to do with black voters - but I'm sure you already know that.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
The Republicans do not vote for someone just because of the color of their skin, like the Democrats do so they can put a feather in the cap. The Dems like to suck in the blacks by saying, look we voted for a black man. If a viable candidate runs Republicans will vote for them, regardless of skin color.

There are many blacks in politics and other positions that I support very much, not because they are black but because they are the right person for that position.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:05 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
Do you even realize how this sounds? I won't even address your comments regarding the apparently "brain washed" black voters. But why can't the non-racist, supposedly color blind white Republicans vote for a viable black candidate?

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Because there aren't any!!! Black republicans are shunned by their own and are belittled for being a republican! Perhaps if the black communities would actually accept a black republican there would be more of them!

Old 03-31-2010, 04:07 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Because there aren't any!!! Black republicans are shunned by their own and are belittled for being a republican! Perhaps if the black communities would actually accept a black republican there would be more of them!
Wrong, blacks get nominated quite often by Republicans to positions, they just lose in the primary election when Democrats wont vote for them because of that little "R" next to their name..

Old 03-31-2010, 04:08 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
And if that were really true, BentBow wouldn't be concerned about black Democrats voting for a Republican candidate, who happens to also be black. If the members of your party wanted to vote black candidates in, there are plenty of predom. Republican districts were they could do so. They have not and it has nothing to do with black voters - but I'm sure you already know that.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

It is clear you are h*ll bent on playing the race game. I have seen plenty of racism from Democrats. Reid, Boxer, Biden and so many others have made their racist comments and the liberal blacks just lay down and take it, make excuses for it. One thing I have always seen is liberals attack any black that does not lay down for the left.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:11 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Fact that you are looking at an individuals race to begin with tells me all I need to know, in addition to the fact that you keep ignoring
Yes or no...are there any black Republicans currently serving in either chamber of Congress?

You're not fooling anybody by going way back into the past. The GOP has changed....and become the party that actively appeals to white racists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies