Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2010, 02:46 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Difference is this guy is staying inside the USA and is willing to accept any punishment given for his personal decision. The other guy ran away to Canada.
Still he renegged Dave. You and I -- we finished out our committments. Are you saying it's OK to go AWOL?

Old 04-14-2010, 02:53 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Still he renegged Dave. You and I -- we finished out our committments. Are you saying it's OK to go AWOL?
He's sticking around instead of running away to Canada. As an officer, he could have simply resigned his commission and walked away. Instead he's standing up for what he believes and is willing to accept whatever punishment is given to him. He feels the orders given from the commander in chief are illegal since he believes the commander in chief isn't a natural born citizen. To disobey an order is wrong but you're allowed to disobey an unlawful order.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:04 AM

2,104 posts, read 1,442,696 times
Quote:
He's sticking around instead of running away to Canada. As an officer, he could have simply resigned his commission and walked away. Instead he's standing up for what he believes and is willing to accept whatever punishment is given to him. He feels the orders given from the commander in chief are illegal since he believes the commander in chief isn't a natural born citizen. To disobey an order is wrong but you're allowed to disobey an unlawful order.
I don't believe you Dave. I have seen you around here going on a year, at least.

I sincerely doubt that you'd have extended this "courtesy" to any soldier if there were still Republicans in charge.

Get real dude.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:08 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
I don't believe you Dave. I have seen you around here going on a year, at least.

I sincerely doubt that you'd have extended this "courtesy" to any soldier if there were still Republicans in charge.

Get real dude.
"courtesy"? What courtesy? He didn't run away to Cananda or some other country. He's here and willing to accept any punishment for his decision. No where did I say I agree with his decision. I respect the fact that he's sticking to his guns and staying around instead of running away like a coward. Some soldiers did the same thing when Bush was president. They refused orders to go to Iraq claiming it was an illegal war. The example one here gave was of someone who ran away to Canada. That was a cowards' way out. Stand on your principals and accept whatever punishment or reward for your stand.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:03 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotormanMike View Post
And some people can't accept that just because he's a black man he's not exempted from playing by the rules based on his skin color alone. Grow up and stop being a baby. Part of the reason he was elected president is because of that skin color. Part of it was hatred of Bush , and the two wars , and the economy , and that it was hard even for dedicated right wingers to get behind the McCain/Palin ticket. But plenty of people , white people included , voted for him for no other reason than they felt it was 'time for a black man to have a chance' ... that was their sole rational ... these same people were practically demanding Colin Powell run a few years ago even though he clearly stated he had no interest. And now that Obama and the white Nancy Pelosi and company have shown just how much they suck at being in charge , there is a lot of 'buyer's remorse' being shown now by those that voted for them. Obama has provided a certificate of live birth not a birth certificate and the two are not the same. Some of Obama's own relatives and some Kenyan officials have stated he was born there and he may have been. Or not. He himself hasn't proved anything conclusively and so the question remains. It's not about racism as you suggest but since you suggest that I will agree that many white people have grown tired of constantly having to kiss minorities a*ses and won't do it anymore. Most white people want to treat everyone as equals , as it should be , what they don't want to do anymore is continue to put all non whites up on pedestals and treat them with complete reverence just because the government has tried to indoctrinate whites that that is what they must do for the last 40 years. If you believe in fairness and equality , then believe in fairness and equality. Equality is not one set of rules for one group and another for another group. Point being , Obama doesn't get a pass for being black. Had McCain won the election there would be the same thing coming from the other side since he was born in the Panama Canal zone. No doubt they both agreed in private during the elections not to make it an issue (and so did both parties) , but that doesn't mean that the individual American citizens can't take whomever was elected to task on the issue. We aren't exempted from following laws we don't like. Neither should politicians. Stop seeing Obama as a 'black man' and see him for what he really is , like all the rest of them , a politican.
Maybe you didnt see the cnn poll of both registered voters and the general public. You might want to check that out before making buyers remorse claims. Secondly did you vote for the POTUS? I question you because many gop are very sore losers so anything they say is based on wanting to be in charge not on the good of the country. John McCain citizenships has never been questioned ever. Why? If they both according to you were born on foreign soil why question one and not the other?
Kissing minority ass. In what way? By making it three times harder on minorities in the work place.By applying maximum penalties to us anytime the chance comes. Whens the last you gave a minority the same pass you give a person who looks like you? Dont give me that weve been treating you good for 40 easy years crap.

Last edited by enemy country; 04-14-2010 at 05:06 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-14-2010, 06:11 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Army officer won't accept Obama as chief - Military- msnbc.com

WASHINGTON - The Army may be forced to court-martial a lieutenant colonel who refused to deploy to Afghanistan because he considers orders from President Barack Obama to be illegal, military officials told NBC News on Tuesday.

The army and the nation will move forward w/o this jerk.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:19 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Army officer won't accept Obama as chief - Military- msnbc.com

WASHINGTON - The Army may be forced to court-martial a lieutenant colonel who refused to deploy to Afghanistan because he considers orders from President Barack Obama to be illegal, military officials told NBC News on Tuesday.
He might be Obama's first political prisoner. Pretty soon, he will need to build camps.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:03 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
He might be Obama's first political prisoner. Pretty soon, he will need to build camps.

For guys like you with no military experience, this kind of refusal to comply with lawful orders is not dealt with as a political violation. Since this guy is a Lt Col, he won't be tossed in the brig, but he may be released from the service with forfeiture of retirement.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:17 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,981,825 times
Crazy!!

This man made a career out of the military and gain status as a Lieutenant/Colonel. Well I guess he is sticking with his beliefs that Obama is from another country.

I wonder if the Birthers and the Tea B's will applaud that Idiot.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:34 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,794,317 times
Quote:
Actually this is completely wrong on a bunch of counts. As an officer he is supposed to lead by example, especially in a time of war. Yes he can have charges brought against him and probably will. You don't get to just "quit" and resign your commission when you feel like it. Disgraceful conduct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies