Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 08:11 PM

178 posts, read 183,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
My parents did not teach me to fight others. Where they wrong for that? I am a girl but even if I was a boy they still would not have thought me to fight. The kids that bully have problems at home and they get those problems from their family, most likely their parents are to blame.
No, your parents weren't wrong for teaching you not to fight. It is the less civilized people that settle disagreements with fights, we are civilized and we should teach our children to act civilized also.

Bullies, usually come from dysfunctional families where they were probably the target of someone bigger and stronger, like a parent or older sibling. But, it shouldn't be tolerated, teachers should definitely not encourage it and if I knew my kids were getting bullied, I would do all I can to find out who and why and put a stop to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 08:34 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,376,578 times
Kids who bully suck. And dealing with their families usually sucks even more because you realize what a mind numbing block in the road the whole dynamic is.

There was that whole case with the young girl who committed suicide b/c a mother of an acquaintance created a fake Myspace profile to befriend her as a young guy and it all went to pot. Was the young girl who committed suicide unstable to begin with? Maybe. But the fact is, the mother who created the profile and was exposed eventually had to place her daughter in another school district and her business also tanked. Bullying simply is a BAD decision and ruins many peoples life, including, in many cases, the bullyer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies