Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 10:25 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
My feelings on this are the same as yours. I think this doctor is way out of line. I can't imagine why anyone would trust him with their health in light of this.

It's just not what she was arguing, that's all. She was arguing something else entirely, and she was wrong.

Having said that, I have no disagreement with you on this matter.
Oh -- maybe I misread, I just looked through quickly. But no, look -- "Did you miss the fact that he is creating a hostile treatment environment for patients who voted for Obama? People don't have to disclose how they voted to feel alienated, abandoned, and downright unwelcome. This doctor is a disgrace to his profession."

She also intelligently noted, "The doctor can be charged with abandoment if an established patient walks away because they perceive his sign as a refusal to treat."

She just needed to look up the facts of the situation and look at Grayson's approach to this legally, and post some links for people to read.

Last edited by delusianne; 04-03-2010 at 10:30 PM.. Reason: took out unnecessary observations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 10:31 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
Some go for voluntary in-office procedures...

The feces hits the fan...the doc don't need your Obama loving entitlement feeling piece o' feces attitude.

If it were all about feelings and wubbies, medical school would be free.
What on earth does that have to do with the care you are receiving from a doctor?

Other than vasectomy, I can't think of any other purely elective procedure you might go to a urologist for. You go to them when you're having a urinary problem. The problem may not be life-threatening, but you certainly don't go to the urologist for entertainment.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:02 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Did I ever claim it was objective? You are way off base to compare patients' behavior to the behavioral responsibility expected of doctors.
It always amazes me that patients are allowed to be as abusive and misbehaving as they feel like. I guess people like you perpetuate that behavior.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"[W]hat he's doing clearly is a violation of the ethics rules that you cited earlier, the Hippocratic Oath, the rules of the AMA and it's at the expense of his patients in care."

"...politics are mentioned in the American Medical Association's Code of Ethics.

"Section 9.012:

"Under no circumstances should physicians allow their differences with patients or their families about political matters to interfere with the delivery of high-quality professional care.'"

Anderson Cooper 360: Blog Archive - Evening Buzz: Florida Doctor Tells Obama Voters to Go Away « - Blogs from CNN.com
Is he a member of the AMA? I am guessing no.

And he can't abandon a patient he has no relationship with.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:31 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
The doctor created a hostile treatment environment for his patients who voted for Obama. He disgusts me.
then you have the right not to go to him, and shouldn't. if enough people disagree, it would hurt the doctor financially.

that doctor, though, certainly has every RIGHT to express dissatisfaction with a program that is going to hurt him and the rest of americans financially. if he is willing to lose customers to stand up for what he thinks is right, i say more power to him. what disgusts me is politicians who stick their big noses in somebody's private practice and try to control THEIR behavior.

do the taxpayers have to pay for grayson's suit?

government officials keeps overreaching, and americans are tired of it.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Is he a member of the AMA? I am guessing no.
Did he take the Hippocratic oath? I am guessing yes.

Quote:
And he can't abandon a patient he has no relationship with.
Existing patients who arent in lockstep with his political beliefs could be made to feel uncomfortable and unable to trust this man, and perhaps they would have reason to.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:37 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
It always amazes me that patients are allowed to be as abusive and misbehaving as they feel like. I guess people like you perpetuate that behavior.
That's a cheap shot. The professional is always supposed to act like a professional. You can always "dismiss" a patient. We've done it a few times, including once when a patient constantly trash talked the staff.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
then you have the right not to go to him, and shouldn't.

that doctor certainly has every right to express dissatisfaction with a program that is going to hurt him and the rest of americans financially. if he is willing to lose customers to stand up for what he thinks is right, i say more power to him. what disgusts me is politicians who stick their big noses in somebody's private practice and try to control THEIR behavior.

do the taxpayers have to pay for grayson's suit?

government keeps overreaching, and americans are tired of it.
Lol, how could "the taxpayers have to pay for grayson's suit"? The doctor does not have the right to express his beliefs on the job when they cause harm to sick people. Not sure what your last sentence means: law is not "government."

Old 04-04-2010, 07:40 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
what disgusts me is politicians who stick their big noses in somebody's private practice and try to control THEIR behavior. .

How is helping a constituent who requested help, "sticking his nose in"?

Old 04-04-2010, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
please sight me the legal code which says doctors are forced to see individuals, even ones they dont want to take care of?
emtala. Unfunded federal mandate that says you have to do it regardless of ability to pay. It comes with no reiumbursement or legal protection from prosecution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies