Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 10:53 AM

38,607 posts, read 26,241,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
But....I thought the passage of his ruinous boondoggle was going to change the trend? Down 5 points from late March, after the bill was passed.

Obama's Approval Rating Hits New Low - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Look at this;

I'd say his snake-oil tour of "selling" the HC bill is not going so well.

That's astonishing! I can't believe it! Katie Couric is still on the air?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 11:00 AM

1,038 posts, read 1,221,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
Yippee........well then, just crack open another 40 of the best malt liquor that money can buy!
I can see you subscribe to racial stereotypes. And they wonder why they get called racist.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:12 AM

38,607 posts, read 26,241,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA-Jsn20 View Post
yeah when will people learn that these polls just don't matter? bush got re-elected didn't he??

Generally speaking, if the approval numbers are 56% or better, reelection is likely. Get below that number and you can start working on your memoirs.

Old 04-02-2010, 11:17 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,638,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I wonder how the Rhode Island flooded out people feel. He flew right by them and only stopped briefly in Massachussets for a last minute photo op.
I saw a video of a poor woman who was trying to sell her house for months and now it got flooded. She was able to smile and laugh about it, though. Another woman said that she was underwater on her mortgage and now the house was literally underwater. You have to admire yankee toughness.
If Bush was still in office, he would be responsible for that flooding.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:08 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,947,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
I can see you subscribe to racial stereotypes. And they wonder why they get called racist.
Your ASSuming so.

I happened to enjoy Colt 45, Mickey's and Schlitz Malt Liquor too, back in a different time.
Old English.....not so much.

More like socio-economic, class discrimination....stereotypical thinking?

ME....ASSuming so?

Sorry that malt liquor is'nt good enough for most in the upper crust.

It's OK......it is an aquired taste and makes where ever you are.....a lot easier to forget.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:14 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,381,326 times
Obama will never see 50% again. Even people who voted for Obama are disgusted at the reckless disregard for the will of the majority of the people he and the Dems were supposed to represent. Even Democratic pollsters are saying this was an epic mistake.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:22 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,300,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
>>>> Obama was elected in a popularity contest. That was the what the election came down to.
Well the election of Obama certainly wasn't based on substance, that's for sure. Anyone that took a gander at his senatorial voting record would have seen him for the left-wing looney he is. Didn't he have the most liberal voting record among all his fellow senators?

Old 04-02-2010, 03:29 PM

18,337 posts, read 26,382,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA-Jsn20 View Post
Your perception of reality troubles me.
Even here in "liberal" Vermont I'm hearing from a lot of people who voted for him that they're disgusted with him. I'm going to be laughing if even Vermont goes Republican again in 2012. Reality is he should start writing his memoirs. Maybe he can take a hint from Carter and do some charitable work after the presidency.

Old 04-02-2010, 03:37 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,226,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Even here in "liberal" Vermont I'm hearing from a lot of people who voted for him that they're disgusted with him. I'm going to be laughing if even Vermont goes Republican again in 2012. Reality is he should start writing his memoirs. Maybe he can take a hint from Carter and do some charitable work after the presidency.
Heard a lib last night remark about how shocked he is with Obama. He said no one realized what they were voting for and no one realized what an ego this man has.. BTW, not only was he a lib, but a black man if that makes any difference.

Nita

Old 04-02-2010, 05:09 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,956,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofpuppets View Post
http://www.patriotdepot.com/images/products/detail/lastday.jpg (broken link)
of his FIRST term !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies