Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 06:55 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

Former New York Mayor Ed Koch expressed disappointment in President Obama on Thursday for his treatment of Israel after it announced it would continue construction in East Jerusalem – the section of the holy city claimed by the Palestinians.

"I have been a supporter of President Obama and went to Florida for him, urged Jews all over the country to vote for him saying that he would be just as good as John McCain on the security of Israel. I don't think it's true anymore," Koch told Fox News' Neil Cavuto.
FOXNews.com - Koch Outraged By Obama's Treatment of Israel Over Housing Construction

I wonder how fast the left on this forum will start to bash Koch with raxcist or anti semetic remarks....

Before you respond...read the article...Koch campaigned for Obama and regrets it now...so he isn't a racist!

I admire Koch for speaking up and coming forward that he made a voting mistake!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 07:06 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Former New York Mayor Ed Koch expressed disappointment in President Obama on Thursday for his treatment of Israel after it announced it would continue construction in East Jerusalem – the section of the holy city claimed by the Palestinians.

"I have been a supporter of President Obama and went to Florida for him, urged Jews all over the country to vote for him saying that he would be just as good as John McCain on the security of Israel. I don't think it's true anymore," Koch told Fox News' Neil Cavuto.
FOXNews.com - Koch Outraged By Obama's Treatment of Israel Over Housing Construction

I wonder how fast the left on this forum will start to bash Koch with raxcist or anti semetic remarks....

Before you respond...read the article...Koch campaigned for Obama and regrets it now...so he isn't a racist!

I admire Koch for speaking up and coming forward that he made a voting mistake!
He must have been outraged for a long time, because not a single US admin has ever approved Israeli settlements on occupied territory. Bush Sr went as far as threatning Israel that US will cut off all aid to Israel if they don't stop. We have to oppose them publicly because they violate international law. So, we go on front of the cameras to condemn the settlements, and then we give them the money anyway. That's how it has been done for over 40 years, so there is nothing racist or anti-semitic going on. Israel is our ally and will be in the future too.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:37 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Mr. Koch is as entitled to his opinion as anyone, however, his bias is well-known, particularly to those of us who lived in NYC during his mayoralty.

Old 04-02-2010, 08:41 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He must have been outraged for a long time, because not a single US admin has ever approved Israeli settlements on occupied territory.

Something about your post doesn't add up here. If that is true which I can't say then why would a man who supported Obama just now decide to turn his back? ..After campaigning for Obama before

Old 04-02-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Something about your post doesn't add up here. If that is true which I can't say then why would a man who supported Obama just now decide to turn his back? ..After campaigning for Obama before
It is not my post which doesn't add up, it is his comments. He must have known about the long standing US policy regarding the Israeli settlements, so why is acting surprised when the policy continues?

Even Reagan, a solid pro-Israel president, said there will never be peace in mid-east as long as Israel continues to settle occupied territory. He called the settlements "thorn on the side of peace". And I already mentioned what Bush did. He said he'd cut off all aid to Israel if they didn't stop.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:22 AM

631 posts, read 1,290,215 times
Like it matters? we all know that israel will inevitably regain all of the territory that they once had thousands of years ago, while the US pretends to want to stop it... yeah right. Nothing will actually be done to stop them

Old 04-02-2010, 09:25 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,090,819 times
Quote:
Perhaps they actually expected him to be like others, who profane to be for fair treatment of Israel and Palenstine in regards to Jerusalem and the peace process but wink or outright give assurances behind closed doors. Unlike others, he seems to have said what he meant, and meant what he said.

This would be a break from others. A shock I know...but change has to start somewhere.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:26 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
Let me Google that for you.

Let me google that for you (http://tinyurl.com/yhtnuhz - broken link)

Old 04-02-2010, 09:28 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Did Obama bow when he met Netanyahu?

Old 04-02-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA-Jsn20 View Post
Like it matters? we all know that israel will inevitably regain all of the territory that they once had thousands of years ago, while the US pretends to want to stop it... yeah right. Nothing will actually be done to stop them
It is not that we want to stop it. All we want to do is make sure we officially do not approve the settlement policy. It's against the law, so we have to say we don't like it. So, we make that statement in front of the cameras, and then we can say we are on the right side of law. And then we continue to support Israel. It's politics...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies