Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2010, 09:41 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Tell that to the people who need a job NOW and not the trickle of new jobs versus the higher number of layoffs each month adding to the job seeking pool.
The number of layoffs is NOT higher each month - in fact just the opposite. The number of monthly layoffs has been SHRINKING since January of 2009 - and NOW has turned to job growth.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Job growth numbers versus layoff numbers = Winner is layoffs.

Not last month - nor likely for any of the months coming up.

Ken

Old 04-02-2010, 09:45 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,579,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
The number of layoffs is NOT higher each month - in fact just the opposite.

Ken
Come visit NJ and neighboring states and see what you say "wouldn't hold any water".

What flavor Kool-Aid are you drinking? - lol!

Old 04-02-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Not last month - nor likely for any of the months coming up.

Ken
Who told you this?

The Obama administration and their lies?

I and a multitude of Americans will believe it when we see HIGH numbers of new GOOD paying jobs on a consistent basis.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Come visit NJ and neighboring states and see what you say "wouldn't hold any water".

What flavor Kool-Aid are you drinking? - lol!
Really?
Sounds like you don't even know what is going on in your own state.

"N.J. unemployment claims drop to lowest level since 2008

The number of jobless New Jerseyans filing claims for unemployment benefits hit a 19-month low in March, according to a U.S. Department of Labor report released Friday."

N.J. unemployment claims drop to lowest level since 2008 | Economy | NewJerseyNewsroom.com -- Your State. Your News.

Ken

Old 04-02-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Really?
Sounds like you don't even know what is going on in your own state.

"N.J. unemployment claims drop to lowest level since 2008

The number of jobless New Jerseyans filing claims for unemployment benefits hit a 19-month low in March, according to a U.S. Department of Labor report released Friday."

N.J. unemployment claims drop to lowest level since 2008 | Economy | NewJerseyNewsroom.com -- Your State. Your News.

Ken
No no no I am in touch with my state who have a multitude of people who have exhausted their UE benefits and have given up on seeking employment which IS NOT reflected in the Kool Aid scented report.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
No no no I am in touch with my state who have a multitude of people who have exhausted their UE benefits and have given up on seeking employment which IS NOT reflected in the Kool Aid scented report.
LOL
As if YOU are the whole state.
Sorry bud, but you're just some nobody on a message board and don't speak for the whole state.

Ken

Old 04-02-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
LOL
As if YOU are the whole state.
Sorry bud, but you're just some nobody on a message board and don't speak for the whole state.

Ken
Very funny! I live here and know what's going on. I won't be drinking the Obama and his ilk Kool-Aid to something that's just not true in the state that I reside in.

The high number of unemployed and ones that have given up are always subjects that the local and statewide news covers pretty much on a daily basis.

NJ is NOT cheap to do business in, think about the rest.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Very funny! I live here and know what's going on. I won't be drinking the Obama and his ilk Kool-Aid to something that's just not true in the state that I reside in.
If you say so.

Ken

Old 04-02-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
If you say so.

Ken
Ken,

I wish that I'm stood corrected in the following months, however it's not the picture I'm reminded of practically every day by the local and state media.

njguy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies