Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 03:51 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,933,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
I would really like to know Obama's honest answer to the question, “Do you feel like you are an American and, if so, what does being an American mean to you?”
What does it mean to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 03:56 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,083,314 times
Some people are so desperate they will clutch at anything to prove their ignorance. My dear mother called Ireland the homeland even though her people had been in American since 1742. I have a friend who "goes home" to Italy every couple of years.....even though she was born in this country and it was her grandfather who immigrated here. And I have a dear friend who is black and who, after going to Nigeria, spoke of the feeling of "coming home" when surrounded by the people and the country from which his ancestors were so cruelly stolen. Not one of these people were born in the country that they spoke of as the homeland. Instead they were talking about their roots. Buy a clue. Don't work so hard at looking so foolish.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:00 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,385,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
We know he is is not a citizen.

Do you have a birth certificate?

Old 04-03-2010, 04:02 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,816,574 times
What is Obama's home town?

1. Honolulu

2. Jakarta

3. Chicago

4. A city in Kenya

Old 04-03-2010, 04:10 PM

438 posts, read 501,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Should a President of the United States home country be Kenya or the United States?
It was just a figure of speech given nonchalantly. You are nitpickin over it because you give credence to birther nonsense. All Michelle meant was that half of Barack's biological heritage was from Kenya.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:09 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,152,988 times
“ This is not the land of my birth, but it is the land for which I hold the greatest affection..." Remarks at Shannon Airport upon leaving for England, June 29, 1963, Shannon Airport, Ireland.
John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum, Boston, Massachusetts.

Kennedy Library Offers Unique Irish Connection - John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum

Old 04-03-2010, 05:13 PM

I guess JFK was born in Ireland, he must have been ineligible...

"historic film footage from President Kennedy’s historic journey to his homeland of Ireland in June of 1963."

Right from the Kennedy Library no less. Oh NO!!!

http://www.jfklibrary.org/JFK+Librar...Connection.htm

Old 04-03-2010, 05:17 PM

533 posts, read 316,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I guess JFK was born in Ireland, he must have been ineligible...

"historic film footage from President Kennedy’s historic journey to his homeland of Ireland in June of 1963."

Right from the Kennedy Library no less. Oh NO!!!

http://www.jfklibrary.org/JFK+Librar...Connection.htm (broken link)

Old 04-03-2010, 06:37 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,060,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
Well, I never questioned it, he was born in the Panama Canal zone, a territory under the jurisdiction of the United States as recognized by Congress.

But I guess Hawaii doesn't count. I mean it's only a state after all.

And yes, bubblers, I don't call 'em that, and actually it would be pronouced, "bubblahs"

It matters not that you do not question McCain. Many others did and as a man running for president he wanted to assure anyone that was worried about his citizenship. On the other hand hussein obama, who has a very qustionable background, has spent millions hiding all his documentation, birth records, school records and passport records. What does this con man have to hide?

Old 04-03-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It matters not that you do not question McCain. Many others did and as a man running for president he wanted to assure anyone that was worried about his citizenship. On the other hand hussein obama, who has a very qustionable background, has spent millions hiding all his documentation, birth records, school records and passport records. What does this con man have to hide?
Whose arse did you pull that "millions" out of?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies