Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 04:04 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And just WHAT makes you think their readers' affiliations necessarily reflect those of the county population? Should we also assume Rush does a special left leaning show to suit the population when played on Toledo stations?

And just WHY is it they can only learn the party affiliation of one of those involved?
I have more evidence to support that their readers are Democratic than you do that they are Republican, but that hasnt stopped you from spouting nonsense bs accusations regardless..
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
You can buy a complete list of all registered voters from your county clerk.......
Some counties do not sell this information, they will however give them out to individuals running for office in the county.
Quote:
Then it's just a bit odd they only managed to learn the affiliation of one of those involved, eh? Then again, the right does love their witch hunts.......................................
Are you now suggesting that news medias should lie and pretend to be running for positions in these areas just so applease your unfounded assumptions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 04:05 PM

412 posts, read 404,861 times
We're calling them right-wing extremists because they are engaged in extremism associated with right-wing ideology. It doesn't matter if he's a Democrat, Republican, or independent, he's still a right-wing extremist.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:09 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Many people on this site have a lot of gall tying to make a big deal out of the fact that one of these Hutaree people was a registered Democrat, then out of the other side of their mouths trying to downplay the fact that this group calls themselves a Christian group. Which is it? Do we judge the Hutaree's by their affiliations---both church and political party--or do we admit that neither fact is important? I, for one, believe that rational individuals see this militia group as just a paranoia bunch fruitcakes and that whatever party or church they call themselves is irrelevant.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:21 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonRat View Post
We're calling them right-wing extremists because they are engaged in extremism associated with right-wing ideology. It doesn't matter if he's a Democrat, Republican, or independent, he's still a right-wing extremist.
Where do you get that blowing things up and killing people is a right wing ideology?

Old 04-03-2010, 05:03 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,385,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Where do you get that blowing things up and killing people is a right wing ideology?
Not sure you can say that blowing things is part of a right wing ideology but... I think you could say that those folks blowing things up or in militias advocating violent opposition is populated by many right wingers.

http://http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/news/splc-report-number-of-patriot-groups-militias-surges-by-244-in-past-year (http://http//www.splcenter.org/get-informed/news/splc-report-number-of-patriot-groups-militias-surges-by-244-in-past-year - broken link)

Old 04-03-2010, 05:21 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
There's no such thing as a Right Wing party. Right Wing is a state of mind.
Remember the racist Democrats of Southern states.
You mean the former KKK Grand Dragon that still sits in the Senate...on the democrat side?

Old 04-03-2010, 06:22 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
I have more evidence to support that their readers are Democratic than you do that they are Republican, but that hasnt stopped you from spouting nonsense bs accusations regardless..
Then post it! You are the one at this point posting BS tripe with zero proof

Old 04-03-2010, 06:26 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Are you now suggesting that news medias should lie and pretend to be running for positions in these areas just so applease your unfounded assumptions?

I'm not suggesting anything. I'm stating unequivocally it's damn suspicious they only manage to learn the affiliation of one man. You are the one making unfounded ASSumptions

Old 04-03-2010, 07:56 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
I'm not suggesting anything. I'm stating unequivocally it's damn suspicious they only manage to learn the affiliation of one man. You are the one making unfounded ASSumptions
We all know what you're implying, baseless though it may be.

Email them and ask or better yet, go on the SOS website and see if you can find the information.

The inescapable FACT is the man is a democrat.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:58 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,265,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
We all know what you're implying, baseless though it may be.

Email them and ask or better yet, go on the SOS website and see if you can find the information.

The inescapable FACT is the man is a democrat.
And as I said earlier, I don't give a pooh what political affiliation this person has, he is a member of a demented militia group w/plans to carry out murder. Do you condone that? Or are you too blind-sided by one man's political affiliation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies