U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-03-2010, 11:27 AM

47,586 posts, read 34,395,844 times
Besides Obama's administration is now promising an amnesty so huge it will knock all our socks off. Not only an amnesty for those who will soon arrive to claim it but a "family reunification" that allows all current and soon arriving illegals to start bringing in all their long lost relatives - legally.

How can they possibly justify this huge influx of people -- millions of new arrivals if they don't pretend they're creating millions of jobs?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 11:29 AM

4,879 posts, read 2,132,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Yes, it was much better when we were losing 750,000 jobs a month in the waning days of the Bush Admin than adding 142,000 jobs now(for whatever reason).
Nobody was saying how great it was in the waning days of the Bush Admin.

Bush hasn't been president for quite some time now. It's time to get over it.

And we have lost 4 million jobs under Obama.

Yeah, it's soooooooooooo much better.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:30 AM

17,528 posts, read 7,430,288 times
I don't listen to what they tell me on the job figures. I look around and see what is going on. This past month i honestly and truly know of 8 Employees who have been let go, last month i knew of four who were let go, and back east, where my relatives live, 2 were demoted. That is just a bit of what is truly going on and all across this Country. I don't think we really have an acurate figure, of all of those who have been fired, and who are looking, and those getting benefits, they tell us what they think we need to hear. What about all those who for some reason who are not filing for any new claims, and those that have just given up on looking, this is good, i don't think so. I am not making these figures up for the hek of it, this is very upsetting to me, for i know most of those who have been let go, from one particular firm, and back east, they were 2 of my realitives friends, whom i do not know, but neverless, they were demoted. I just want things to get better and soon, People need to work.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:34 AM

13,182 posts, read 7,649,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
National Inflation Association With Obama praising his "Jobs improvement".How many are temporary,imaginary,part time or temporary census jobs?Or just straight out data manipulation?
Do Americans really believe his self serving BS? As bad a President that idiot Bush was ,at least Americans were still working and his UE numbers were far better than Obama's.Any thoughts?
Let me recap the OP's post.

1) Because the job numbers are improving.

2) This doesn't support my right wing ideology.

3) Therefore the numbers are wrong and manipulated.

4) But I don't offer any evidence of this.

5) Except for lying and saying Bush was better on jobs than Obama......http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...arge_feb10.jpg

You practically would need to be mentally retarded to believe this B.S.................but this is how they spread their rhetoric.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:34 AM

7,240 posts, read 2,790,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Besides Obama's administration is now promising an amnesty so huge it will knock all our socks off. Not only an amnesty for those who will soon arrive to claim it but a "family reunification" that allows all current and soon arriving illegals to start bringing in all their long lost relatives - legally.

How can they possibly justify this huge influx of people -- millions of new arrivals if they don't pretend they're creating millions of jobs?
You got a link to this "Amnesty plan" and "Family Unification" plan or are you just playing the fear factor?

Old 04-03-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Let me recap the OP's post.

1) Because the job numbers are improving.

2) This doesn't support my right wing ideology.

3) Therefore the numbers are wrong and manipulated.

4) But I don't offer any evidence of this.

5) Except for lying and saying Bush was better on jobs than Obama......http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/...arge_feb10.jpg

You practically would need to be mentally retarded to believe this B.S.................but this is how they spread their rhetoric.
Job numbers are not improving. They are stagnant.

Some of the lowest unemployment rates in history were under Bush.

And, You practically would need to be mentally retarded to believe that the goverenment can improve the unemployment rate or create jobs.

And Bush isn't president anymore. Get over it.

Obama wants credit for "creating" all these obs under stimulus. Fine by me. But he must also take the blame for the unemployed. Can't have it both ways.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
You got a link to this "Amnesty plan" and "Family Unification" plan or are you just playing the fear factor?

President Obama has talked about this his entire public life.

It's not a big secret.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:53 AM

47,586 posts, read 34,395,844 times
Quote:
Easily: (notice the assumption that the illegals can NEVER reunify with their families by going back home, all can only reunify in the USA)

Sen. Robert Menendez: Is President Obama ready for a fight on immigration? | NJ.com

For me, family reunification is a key element of our immigration policy.

The American Spectator : Religiously Marching for Immigration

Essentially the marchers want a rehash of the failed 2007 legislation creating a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants, which critics call "amnesty," as well as increased visa quotas, a guest worker program, and enhanced family reunification. New York Senator Chuck Schumer is pushing a Senate version, while Rep. Luis Gutierrez of Illinois is pushing the U.S. House version.

Md. Congressman Commits to Support for Illegal Immigrants - Southern Maryland Headline News

"I pledge, yes, to fight to make sure that the comprehensive immigration reform bill that we enact will ensure family reunification," said Van Hollen.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:58 AM

74,362 posts, read 34,468,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
The official government unemployment rate has been determined the same way for 50 years or so. So when someone from the current administration gives that number they are not misleading or lying. It's a pretty straighforward figure and has long been recognized as very accurate.

However, jobs created is different. I've seen this from both sides. I think Reganites claim he created 20 million jobs. Clintonites do the same thing. Or did Clinton claim 50 million? But, when you look at the total number of people working when Reagan took office and compare it to the number that were working when he left you can see the workforce didn't grow by 20 million people. Same with Clinton. The numbers he gave didn't add up. Clinton claimed he added 50 million new jobs. Problem with that is our population didn't grow by 50 million. Who were these people working all these new jobs? And people still believed him. LOLS.

If I add 3 jobs in 1996 then the Clinton Admin counted that as 3 new jobs. Even though those 3 specific jobs may very have been around for a hundred years. If those same exact jobs chaged over during the Bush Admin they were once again considered a new job.

I'm just Reagan and Clinton as examples. They all do that.

Unemployment rate is accurate. Created jobs? That's just a made up term that politicians use and people fall for it.

Hope that made sense the way I explained it. LOLS.
Actually the birth/death model number varies widely year to year.
Look through 2008 and 2009 and be amazed at how many "new" businesses got created during this recession.

Old 04-03-2010, 12:02 PM

9,999 posts, read 8,676,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I don't listen to what they tell me on the job figures. I look around and see what is going on. This past month i honestly and truly know of 8 Employees who have been let go, last month i knew of four who were let go, and back east, where my relatives live, 2 were demoted. That is just a bit of what is truly going on and all across this Country. I don't think we really have an acurate figure, of all of those who have been fired, and who are looking, and those getting benefits, they tell us what they think we need to hear. What about all those who for some reason who are not filing for any new claims, and those that have just given up on looking, this is good, i don't think so. I am not making these figures up for the hek of it, this is very upsetting to me, for i know most of those who have been let go, from one particular firm, and back east, they were 2 of my realitives friends, whom i do not know, but neverless, they were demoted. I just want things to get better and soon, People need to work.
That's the problem, though. People just look around and make assessments based on what they see. They see snow out their window, so all the science of global warming must be bunk. One of their cousins gets let go from a job, the economy must still be sinking.

I'm not saying there aren't tough times right now, but we need to care more about economists looking at the bigger picture that shows the economy trending upward rather than individuals looking myopically and concluding whatever they feel that day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies