Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 03:18 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Nature gave me a boner and I two-timed every girlfriend I ever had in Kindergarten. The rest was downhill from there. Pimp'n ain't easy.

I think the better question is: When did the homosexuals realize they WEREN'T into women?

I knew from Day 1 that I was into girls. Women hold all the power in this world...don't let anyone tell you any differently.
Wait a moment, I'm homosexual and I'm into women.

Perhaps because not ALL homosexuals are men?

I knew I wasn't the same as my friends around 13 0r 14 when they gushed on and on about boys and all I could think about was how to get this particular girl to be my friend. And why on earth would any of my friends be attracted to some pimple-faced gawky teenage boys was beyond me. I was probably a bit of a tomboy as a child too- more interested in using a microscope than playing with barbie dolls.

I didn't label it as homosexual or gay then then because I didn't really know what that was back then. Looking back, I've never been physically attracted to men or fallen in love with them. Like 'em as friends but...ick...nothing more thanks.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:27 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
I do not think Straights have a choice while Gays at some point decide to either follow the traditional path or take a road less traveled.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:33 PM

151 posts, read 138,627 times
gays are not born gay, hence the term 'coming out of the closet'. they become indoctrinated with gayness and decide on their own to switch over. it's a choice not pre-determined.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:33 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I double that....

Old 04-05-2010, 03:45 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportBarry View Post
gays are not born gay, hence the term 'coming out of the closet'. they become indoctrinated with gayness and decide on their own to switch over. it's a choice not pre-determined.
Indoctrinated with gayness? Where does this take place? More accurately, gay people come out of the closet not when they choose to become gay but when they accept who they are and are willing to admit that fact to others. The fact is, they were always gay, they just didn't want to admit it or didn't want others to know. When you come out of the closet, you make the decision to stop hiding who you are.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:48 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Well it works both ways. Heterosexuals do choose not to be homosexual and the reverse. Saying that Heteros are born that way or Homos are born that way is equivalent to saying that people who prefer vanilla ice cream were born that way. (Although obviously, one's preference in flavor of ice cream is not usually seen as controversial.) I don't see what the big deal is, if that is your preference, it is what it is.

It sounds like this to me:

"Vanilla!!!!"
"Chocolate!!!"

Live and let live.
Are you then saying that you are one that made a choice? Did you?

Old 04-05-2010, 03:49 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I keep reading about how gays and lesbians choose to be that way, which got me to thinking, if gays and lesbians choose to be homosexual, heterosexuals like you and I must have chosen as well, except I can't recall making that decision. So, in an effort to live vicariously through others, I'm asking, would you share with me what happened on the Day that you decided to be a heterosexual?
They are born that way. My younger brother is gay and played with Barbies, wore make up, and dresses before the age of 5. This was in a family full of guns and testosterone.

I don't think that anyone chooses thier sexuality.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:52 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I keep reading about how gays and lesbians choose to be that way, which got me to thinking, if gays and lesbians choose to be homosexual, heterosexuals like you and I must have chosen as well, except I can't recall making that decision. So, in an effort to live vicariously through others, I'm asking, would you share with me what happened on the Day that you decided to be a heterosexual?
when i saw mary lou sanders in the sand box and she showed her underwear. 2nd grade

Old 04-05-2010, 03:52 PM

151 posts, read 138,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
Indoctrinated with gayness? Where does this take place? More accurately, gay people come out of the closet not when they choose to become gay but when they accept who they are and are willing to admit that fact to others. The fact is, they were always gay, they just didn't want to admit it or didn't want others to know. When you come out of the closet, you make the decision to stop hiding who you are.
Indoctrinated is more accurate. Because most gays spend lots of time with other gays until they build up the courage to 'come out'. they weren't gay prior to that 'coming out', but they were indoctrinated heavily before taking on the gay lifestyle out in the open. If it were not the case, gay kids would exist, but they do not. they are taught that. it's a behavioral thing not a gene thing.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:53 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportBarry View Post
You are so wrong about that. I came out of the closet long before I knew any other gay person, male or female. There was no indoctrination. I grew up in a small rural town and if there were any other gay people, they were deep in the closet. How would you know if a person switches over, did you at some point? How else could you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies