Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 05:09 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
What 'special things' are gay people wanting handed to them? I've been involved in these discussions for over ten years on various forums and have yet to see any gay man or lesbian seriously ask for anything 'special'.
Changing the marriage laws would be "special" for starters. And how did President Obama get a pass on that one? He said he was against gay marriage and nobody seemed to mind.

And save it. I'm not anti-Obama at all. I happen to have a lot of respect for him. I just have to wonder why nobody went after him the way they went after other people on the same issue. Maybe because gay people don't really care about marriage? Maybe because gay people just want to torment people and make a lot of noise. And maybe going after a person as popular as Barack Obama would have been a very bad move. Yeah, that's why.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:09 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Homosexuality is abnormal, acting on it is an abnormal behavior. Period.
What use is a term like "abnormal"? Since when does "not normal" = "wrong" for anyone who's not a closeminded bigot?

Old 04-05-2010, 05:12 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,929,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
What use is a term like "abnormal"? Since when does "not normal" = "wrong" for anyone who's not a closeminded bigot?
Using the term "abnormal" does not make someone a bigot. Calling people names like "bigot" and "racist" are tools people use to try and silence other people, and it's not working like it used to, so it might be time to find a new strategy.

Dressing up like Little Bo Peep and dripping hot candle wax on someone wearing a sheep costume is abnormal. Pointing that out doesn't make someone a bigot.

Find a new strategy.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:14 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportBarry View Post
Indoctrinated is more accurate. Because most gays spend lots of time with other gays until they build up the courage to 'come out'. they weren't gay prior to that 'coming out', but they were indoctrinated heavily before taking on the gay lifestyle out in the open. If it were not the case, gay kids would exist, but they do not. they are taught that. it's a behavioral thing not a gene thing.
I've had gay friends and family yet I'm not gay. So what gives?

Old 04-05-2010, 05:18 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportBarry View Post
gays are not born gay, hence the term 'coming out of the closet'. they become indoctrinated with gayness and decide on their own to switch over. it's a choice not pre-determined.
And you know this to be true because you are gay yourself, correct? If not, it's just baseless opinion. Are you saying hetero's are not born that way, but are indoctrinated with heteroness and one day decide to be straight? See how faulty your reasoning is?

Old 04-05-2010, 05:22 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,513,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Changing the marriage laws would be "special" for starters.
Is changing the marriage laws so that homosexuals are afforded the same right to marry as their heterosexual counterparts "special" treatment, or is it just "fair"?

Special treatment would imply they get something beyond what already exists for everyone else, like maybe a sweet new car when you get hitched. That would be super special.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:26 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,610 times
Quote:
Changing the marriage laws would be "special" for starters. And how did President Obama get a pass on that one? He said he was against gay marriage and nobody seemed to mind.

And save it. I'm not anti-Obama at all. I happen to have a lot of respect for him. I just have to wonder why nobody went after him the way they went after other people on the same issue. Maybe because gay people don't really care about marriage? Maybe because gay people just want to torment people and make a lot of noise. And maybe going after a person as popular as Barack Obama would have been a very bad move. Yeah, that's why.
Oh yeah, having basic rights is just so SPECIAL....

Old 04-05-2010, 05:37 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Homosexuality is abnormal, acting on it is an abnormal behavior. Period.
Do you always equate abnormal with wrong? My wonderful 10 year old grandson could be considered abnormal. He neither walks nor talks and has never taken any food by mouth. (He's fed through a direct tube to his stomach through his abdomen.) Are you going to try to say that his life is somehow 'wrong'? Do us both a favor - go to my profile and look at the pictures I have there of him, then try to tell me his life is in any way wrong! And I got some further news for you - a homosexual man who lives to the age of 100 without ever once having sex is STILL a homosexual man!

Old 04-05-2010, 05:39 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I keep reading about how gays and lesbians choose to be that way, which got me to thinking, if gays and lesbians choose to be homosexual, heterosexuals like you and I must have chosen as well, except I can't recall making that decision. So, in an effort to live vicariously through others, I'm asking, would you share with me what happened on the Day that you decided to be a heterosexual?
Sorry, I'm not taking the bate.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:39 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,939,872 times
Quote:
Using the term "abnormal" does not make someone a bigot. Calling people names like "bigot" and "racist" are tools people use to try and silence other people, and it's not working like it used to, so it might be time to find a new strategy.

Dressing up like Little Bo Peep and dripping hot candle wax on someone wearing a sheep costume is abnormal. Pointing that out doesn't make someone a bigot.

Find a new strategy.
Except no one is simply "pointing out" that something is abnormal, they are casually justifying certain treatment of people who don't fit into what's considered "normal".

Discrimination and inequality as a result of perceived "abnormality" is bigotry, a.k.a. the display of intolerance. Sorry you're overly sensitive about those words, but sometimes they are appropriate, get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies