Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2010, 09:55 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,926,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
It could validate your statement or it could expose you as a fraud. However, I dont believe you served and dont really care so the exercise is not worth the effort.

It's your story, and the right lies about everything else, might as well be a "veteran" too....
Right back at you.

I seriously doubt someone with the attitude you have about the US military could ever have served.

Even the "jargon" of a unit could be obtained from the internet. Stop making claims you CAN'T prove.

Quote:
It was especially disturbing to find out how the children who had survived being shot at multiple times with the Apache's 30mm gun, were denied(by US military command)medical treatment at the US ran hospital; which was built to treat locals and service men/women.
Only the most seriously injured, facing grievous injury would have been taken to a US-run hospital. The children survived, didn't they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 10:00 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Right back at you.

I seriously doubt someone with the attitude you have about the US military could ever have served.

Even the "jargon" of a unit could be obtained from the internet. Stop making claims you CAN'T prove.

You "seriously doubt" it, huh? That's proof enough for me.

pwned.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:00 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,384,844 times
Well I watched it. Hard to say for certain if I saw any rifles, but that long thing the one guy had did look like a RPG. Given that I don't blame the Apache crews for opening fire.

When they opened fire on the van, I don't agree with that. Those people were not posing a threat at that point, it would be like our guys being fired on who are medics or retrieving the wounded.

This vid just makes me realize even more that going to Iraq was a blunder. 8 years later and look what we are still doing there. I don't feel any safer from terrorism after all what has happened in Iraq.

It was suppose to be a cake walk so everybody thought. Iraqis want democracy, we beat them hard in the first gulf war so why wouldn't we be able to do it again? Who thought that half of the region would turn against us , when they might not have otherwise?

Personally I was naive and did believe that. Now I realize different. If someone can explain that what I just saw in the vid made America safer I'd really like to understand? Now I know the Apaches were trying to protect the boots on the ground, I just question why any of it over there is still happening? Why?, because we don't want to admit that we won't have the outcome we thought we would so instead of admitting error we keep chugging 30mm shells into the city?

I hope next time we think of Murphy's law and history before we jump into war.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You "seriously doubt" it, huh? That's proof enough for me.

pwned.
pwned how?

That I think your claim of serving in the military is BS? Okay then, I've been owned.

Quote:
When they opened fire on the van, I don't agree with that. Those people were not posing a threat at that point, it would be like our guys being fired on who are medics or retrieving the wounded.
If the van would have had identifying marks for an ambulance or press, there is no way they would have fired on it. They claimed the men were picking up weapons, which is a no-no.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:05 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Well I watched it. Hard to say for certain if I saw any rifles, but that long thing the one guy had did look like a RPG. Given that I don't blame the Apache crews for opening fire.

Oh sure, they were just doing their job. Dont you understand the entire premise of this murder of these men is you often CAN"T determine from the air exactly who you are shooting at? Can you also understand that something like this confused assassination of a group of Iraqi men who were SHOOTING AT NO ONE likely happens all the time?

Thats why you dont LIE a country into a guerrilla war. And now these mens families can all hate this country for the rest of their lives, like I surely would not blame them for.

Not one bit would I blame their families. What happened to their fathers and brothers and husbands has happened more times than any of us will ever know, and not a single Iraqi or Afghan attacked this country on September 11th.

Not one.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:07 PM

223 posts, read 169,424 times
Quote:
I could ask you for details and I doubt you could provide them. I could ask you for a "war story" and ask that you include all the appropriate acronyms known to someone who served.

It could validate your statement or it could expose you as a fraud. However, I dont believe you served and dont really care so the exercise is not worth the effort.

It's your story, and the right lies about everything else, might as well be a "veteran" too....
One day I made a long sentence with almost all acronyms; I had to go home sick.
I didn't reup.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:15 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,384,844 times
Quote:
Oh sure, they were just doing their job. Dont you understand the entire premise of this murder of these men is you often CAN"T determine from the air exactly who you are shooting at? Can you also understand that something like this confused assassination of a group of Iraqi men who were SHOOTING AT NO ONE likely happens all the time?

Thats why you dont LIE a country into a guerrilla war. And now these mens families can all hate this country for the rest of their lives, like I surely would not blame them for.

Not one bit would I blame their families. What happened to their fathers and brothers and husbands has happened more times than any of us will ever know, and not a single Iraqi or Afghan attacked this country on September 11th.

Not one.
I think you are being too harsh on the crews. I am trying to be not partisan at all and open minded when I saw the vid. I did see what looked like a RPG. It is their job to engage hostiles, to protect the soldiers on the ground, I have watched other Apache vids, always the crew took time and to the best of their ability to confirm what they were engaging but everything is not always 100% in war.

When they opened fire on the van, is where I won't support them. And I agree, the sad fact that we may have hurt America more than helped by being there.I love America, but I am not blindly partisan or patriotic to support America in Iraq just because I am American and am suppose to "support the troops" aka support Washington DC without question.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Oh come now.

A group of Iraqi men, with RPGs and AK-47, in a war zone, looking to ambush our soldiers, at the height of the insurgency in Iraq, with an area cleared of all civilians.

Get real.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:19 PM

15,058 posts, read 8,619,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Watched the long version, about 38 minutes. I really can't blame the pilots here. They were on station with ground forces taking fire. They see a group of people with weapons. They weren't weapons, but to them it certainly looked like it. The fog of war is a hell of a thing. Things like this have always happened, still do, and will in the future. It's ugly, but it's war. It's easy for us to armchair QB the fight, but we are only seeing a small tunnel visioned view of the whole picture.

I don't, however, like how the military was trying to cover this up and keep it hush-hush. I don't like how they are harassing the group that released the video. This is why the internet is such a good thing. It allows so much information out that otherwise would never be known, whether damning or not.
BULL ... It's a war crime to shoot wounded. And the video clearly showed a group of unarmed people, a couple of them with cameras and tripods.

They also clearly lied during the video when the van came to the assistance of the wounded guy. None were armed, and none showed any sign of being hostiles ... two kids in the window of the passenger side, and these COWARD MURDERERS "lit them up" ,,,, NIIIIICE.

F'ing cowards, and as an American it should make you SICK. If it doesn't, something is seriously wrong with your brain and you soul.

Old 04-07-2010, 12:18 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,946,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
And the video clearly showed a group of unarmed people, a couple of them with cameras and tripods.
This close-up CLEARY TOO shows a man armed with a RPG. Unarmed my a$$. Some may have been unarmed but this pic cleary shows the group had at the very least a RPG.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies