Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 08:48 PM

839 posts, read 982,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
He also throws like a girl, and this is the second time we've seen that. He really should stick to basketball. And this is coming from someone who actually likes the guy.
It's really amazing how we Americans nitpick public officials and celebrities to such an incredible degree; nothing they do can go unanalyzed, everything must be commented on... I couldn't care less if the President can't throw a baseball or can't name a member of the White Sox. That's not his job, it isn't relevant. It reminds me of the old question that people asked in regards to the 2000 election; which candidate would you most like to have a beer with? To paraphrase Jon Stewart: I don't want to choose the president on the basis of who I'd like to drink with! In fact, I want the President to be someone I wouldn't want to have a beer with, I want him to be brilliant and nerdy!

And, finally, if I'm not mistaken pretty much every modern president has thrown out a couple pitches at baseball games during their term(s). It's something they all do, and most do a crappy job at throwing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 10:31 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,323,715 times
I can think of lots of things to beat up on Obama about, but the White Sox ain't one of them.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:34 PM

223 posts, read 169,424 times
L-a-m-e.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:34 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,783,048 times
what does any of this have to do with running a country or heading a government?

Old 04-05-2010, 10:40 PM

151 posts, read 138,557 times
LOL...Sound familiar? Obama's an idiot.

YouTube - Couric Stumps Palin With Supreme Court Question

Old 04-05-2010, 10:43 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
As a Red Sox fan since 2004 I can name

Big Papi
Manny Rameriz
Johnathan Papelbon
Tim Walkefield
Veritek
Kevin Youkulis
Mike Lowell
Dustin Pedoria
Lugo
Green
Jacoby Ellisbury
JD Drew
Josh Beckett
Curt Schilling
Dice K
I think you get the point
If someone is a real fan of a team they can name many of the players

Heck I just started watching Football last year and I can name almost the entire starting line up for the Vikings. So I dont buy excuses for a true fan
Silly goose, they are talking about the CHICAGO sox, not the true BOSOX!!!

Old 04-06-2010, 12:13 AM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever Adrift View Post
It's really amazing how we Americans nitpick public officials and celebrities to such an incredible degree; nothing they do can go unanalyzed, everything must be commented on... I couldn't care less if the President can't throw a baseball or can't name a member of the White Sox. That's not his job, it isn't relevant. It reminds me of the old question that people asked in regards to the 2000 election; which candidate would you most like to have a beer with? To paraphrase Jon Stewart: I don't want to choose the president on the basis of who I'd like to drink with! In fact, I want the President to be someone I wouldn't want to have a beer with, I want him to be brilliant and nerdy!

And, finally, if I'm not mistaken pretty much every modern president has thrown out a couple pitches at baseball games during their term(s). It's something they all do, and most do a crappy job at throwing.
What's the big deal? He threw a lousy pitch. People are going to talk about it for a day or two and then it won't ever come up again. This should be the worst thing that ever happens to anyone. File this one under sports, not politics. Opening Day is fun. Fun things happen and people talk about them for a while and then they get on with the rest of the long season.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:35 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,300,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I'm an avid baseball fan and I can't name more than 5 White Sox players during Obama's lifetime. Talk about an obscured franchise. Pudge, Steve Carlton (for like a year), the knuckleballer whose name escapes me, anyone want to try their hand?

That would be Wilbur Wood I believe.

Probably the best I can ever remember other then Thomas would be Harold Baines.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:57 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,341,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
"Obama who has referred to himself a “White Sox kid” during the interview, was hard pressed to name a favorite player on a team that has been around since the late 19th century."

YouTube - Obama Can't Name Any ChiSox Players?

We should assume that everything he says is a lie until proven otherwise. You won’t be disappointed that way.

LMMFAO- they don't get much baseball coverage in Indonesia do they?

Old 04-06-2010, 07:13 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,354 times
If your fan of a team you should know players even if your not your favoritve sport you might remember something from a program called SPORTSCENTER!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies