Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 04:09 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times

Advertisements

i like to read black agenda reports, and i found this story fascinating regarding the "business" of politics. i don't know what is true or not, but there certainly is a lot of "dirt" in this story.

http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/freedom-rider-obama’s-cia#comment-15462 (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 04:18 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i like to read black agenda reports, and i found this story fascinating regarding the "business" of politics. i don't know what is true or not, but there certainly is a lot of "dirt" in this story.

http://www.blackagendareport.com/?q=content/freedom-rider-obama’s-cia#comment-15462 (broken link)
Page not found.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:38 AM

it looks like somebody pulled the story. i did find it available here also (assuming they don't pull it as well):
Rahm's Secret War On The House Black Caucus

Old 04-06-2010, 04:52 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
Uh, oh. Another "Zionist conspiracy."

Not surprising given the story comes from a site called rense.com, which includes the following headlines, among others:

Total Zionist Media Domination
David Duke - Latest Video
CommieCare - America Betrayed Again
Whites To Be Exterminated?

Old 04-06-2010, 05:22 AM

i assume you did not read the story if you drew "zionist conspiracy" as a conclusion...... i think a much more appropriate conclusion is that politics is a dirty business, with lots of deal making behind the scenes:

Last year, Conyers's wife Monica Conyers, the former President of the Detroit City Council, was indicted last year for accepting a $5000 bribe from Carlyle-Synagro Technologies of Texas and then reversed her vote on approving a $1.2 billion sludge disposal contract with the city of Detroit. Carlyle-Synagro is owned by the Carlyle Group, the firm that has close ties to the Bush family.

Mrs. Conyers is due to be sentenced on March 10 by US Judge Avern Cohn, who, as WMR previously reported, has been conspiring with Emanuel to delay sentencing Mrs. Conyers as a way to pressure House Judiciary Chairman Conyers to temper his criticisms of Obama. Federal prosecutors studiously avoided bringing charges against Carlyle-Synagro because of the firm's "cooperation" in the federal investigation of Monica Conyers and her former aide Sam Riddle. WMR has learned that the bribe of Mrs. Conyers was part of a conspiracy by Emanuel, US Attorney for Eastern Michigan Terrence Berg, and FBI agent in Detroit Andrew Arena to bring down Conyers as House Judiciary Chairman by going after his wife.

After Mrs. Conyers's sentencing on March 10, Emanuel, WMR is told, will arrange for a letter signed by Chairman Conyers and sent to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), which advocated for the Romulus hazardous waste injection well contract for Environmental Geo-Technologies, Inc., a company owned by Dimitrios "Jim" Papas, to be awarded to the firm, to be released to the media. Papas reportedly offered Riddle to receive a $20,000 sub-contract while Mrs. Conyers, according to Riddle, would receive $10,000 of that money as a finder's fee.
After the letter is released after Mrs. Conyers's sentencing by Cohn, Emanuel's media friends will call for John Conyers, the second longest serving House member after John Dingell (D-MI), to repeat the actions of Rangel and "temporarily" hand over his gavel with concurrent calls for a House Ethics probe.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:26 AM

Quote:
i assume you did not read the story if you drew "zionist conspiracy" as a conclusion...... i think a much more appropriate conclusion is that politics is a dirty business, with lots of deal making behind the scenes.
Yes, I read it and if this isn't a Jewish/Zionist conspiracy, what is?

"Informed Democratic and Republican congressional sources report to WMR that Emanuel's latest gambit is to wrest control of key House committee chairmanships from African-Americans and have the gavels handed over to Jewish members, all of whom are close political allies of Emanuel."

Old 04-06-2010, 05:32 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Machiavelli lives.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:35 AM

i guess you aren't going to comment on the corruption and the deal making part of the story at all, just the article's interpretation of the story? if you read the entire story it is all about corruption, deal making, bribery, allegations, and cross allegations. there may be a pro black caucus and anti-zionist tone to this particular article, but that doesn't change all the information presented.

i think it illustrates that we have consistent corruption in politics, no matter which party is in charge.
Last year, Conyers's wife Monica Conyers, the former President of the Detroit City Council, was indicted last year for accepting a $5000 bribe from Carlyle-Synagro Technologies of Texas and then reversed her vote on approving a $1.2 billion sludge disposal contract with the city of Detroit. Carlyle-Synagro is owned by the Carlyle Group, the firm that has close ties to the Bush family.

corruption permeates throughout government, at all levels, with deal making everywhere.

Last edited by floridasandy; 04-06-2010 at 05:59 AM..

Old 04-06-2010, 06:16 AM

Quote:
i guess you aren't going to comment on the corruption and the deal making part of the story at all, just the article's interpretation of the story? if you read the entire story it is all about corruption, deal making, bribery, allegations, and cross allegations. there may be a pro black caucus and anti-zionist tone to this particular article, but that doesn't change all the information presented.

i think it illustrates that we have consistent corruption in politics, no matter which party is in charge.

corruption permeates throughout government, at all levels, with deal making everywhere.

What's to comment on? This isn't anything new. Politics has been a dirty business behind the scenes since it was invented.

The real, behind the scences process of crafting and passing legislation is a dance of deal making, back-scratching and arm-twisting, not because it's crooked, but because our legislators are tasked with representing their constitutents and this how they "bring home the bacon." "You want my vote on that? Fine, then I want your vote on this."

How else can it be done?

Old 04-06-2010, 06:19 AM

by only allowing one issue at a time on voting, where you can't piggyback a bunch of other stuff onto a bill, where every piece of legislation is OPENLY TRANSPARENT and STANDS ALONE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies